News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Westboro Baptist Church

Started by Shatterbrain, March 17, 2011, 02:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shatterbrain

Can you think of a better negative example of extreme dogmatism? Nietzsche said, "The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments." (I like to throw around Nietzsche quotes because I'm an intellectual superman) The WBC intentionally martyrs itself as the targets of our hatred, there's no doubting that. If they wanted their opinions to be taken into serious consideration they'd sit down for a cup of tea or write a book. Instead they parade about with signs that might as well say "HATE US" and "RELIGION IS BAD."  
Consider the following.

The WBC are the most brilliant, dedicated trolls on the face of the Earth. Think of all they've given up for the sake of tarnishing the face of fundamentalist Christianity. I'm thinking of sending them a cake. I know they won't eat it, but maybe they'll appreciate the thought. <3
"Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Captain Utopia

That's the beauty of Poe's Law in action.

Shatterbrain

Woah, I'd never heard of that before. Way to blow my whole topic away with a single term :P
"Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." -Friedrich Nietzsche

LMNO

Quote from: Shatterbrain on March 17, 2011, 03:20:31 PM
Way to blow my whole topic away with a single term :P

Just another service we provide.

Shatterbrain

Color me impressed.

(impressed is green.)

BabylonHoruv

WBC are pacifists.  That speaks in their credit.

I can't agree with anything they say, and very little they do, but I am grateful that they do not actually physically hut anyone.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on March 18, 2011, 02:00:44 AM

I can't agree with anything they say, and very little they do, but I am grateful that they do not actually physically hut anyone.

No, it's easier to use tort law.

They encourage the banning and/or killing of homosexuals in the United States.

They're as pacifist as Lester Fucking Maddox.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

They might as well be jackbooted thugs.

Abuse can happen with more than just sticks, stones, bullets, fire and missles.

Telarus

Correct. Their primary mode of operation is to incite others to violence against them (or insert other _Sue-able Offense_ here), and then milk $$$$$$$$ out of the target. This includes "egregores" like city and municipal governments, etc, etc.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2011, 02:02:05 AM

THIS!!

Luna

Quote from: Khara on March 18, 2011, 01:13:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2011, 02:02:05 AM

THIS!!

They attempt to incite OTHERS to violence, because it gives them an excuse to both play the martyr card AND raise funds.  Or did you think it's an accident that most of them are lawyers?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Da6s

Seeing Kevin Smith's RED STATE on Tuesday in Denver.

Can't wait to see the fictitious portrayal of a murderous fred phelps getting butchered.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human