News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

An apology from Captain Utopia

Started by Faust, April 20, 2012, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2014, 01:03:37 AM
Meh, no real opinion.

I've got one.  This bastard's been fixated on me for years.  It's like having a tick up my ass.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on April 05, 2014, 04:14:26 AM
Yeah, fuck that shit. I don't know how he got unbanned but he is so the fuck not welcome here. I re-banned him, and have the willpower to keep doing so for far longer than whoever actually wants him here has to keep unbanning him.

Oh, what's that you say? NOBODY actually wants him here? Good.

Thanks.

Also, Nigel:  It doesn't take a lot of reminding.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Yeah, fuck that shit. I don't know how he got unbanned but he is so the fuck not welcome here. I re-banned him, and have the willpower to keep doing so for far longer than whoever actually wants him here has to keep unbanning him.

He was part of the blanket unbanning from several months ago.

What he said was a little dishonest. He emailed me to ask me why he had been unbanned and if he could start posting again. I said he hadn't been unbanned deliberately, but give it a shot and chances are he would be immediately banned again.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on April 05, 2014, 07:24:00 AM
What he said was a little dishonest.

I am shocked.  SHOCKED, I SAY!   :lulz:

Faust

Yeah in effect he was told to give it a shot if he wanted and the market would decide.

Good try though.

MMIX

What he said was a little dishonest. He emailed me to ask me why he had been unbanned and if he could start posting again. I said he hadn't been unbanned deliberately, but give it a shot and chances are he would be immediately banned again.

In what way dishonest? His brief post totally fits the facts as you state them here.
MMIX
Confused

Nothing new there then

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Faust

Quote from: MMIX on April 05, 2014, 09:35:06 AM

In what way dishonest? His brief post totally fits the facts as you state them here.
MMIX
Confused

Nothing new there then

"But I've been told that my continued presence here depends upon my actions" makes it sound like he was unbanned and invited back.

Hrm, you're right, not dishonest. Instead: Unclear.

MMIX

The only unequivocal fact is that somehow he was unbanned, and that you told him he hadn't been unbanned deliberately, but give [posting] a shot and chances are he would be immediately banned again . . . aaaand life goes on. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me Faust, much appreciated
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

East Coast Hustle

We're glad your concerns have been allayed. :lulz:

And yeah, I forgot about the blanket unbanning. Given that, I'm surprised we haven't had more blasts from the past stick their heads in to say hi.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2014, 07:22:34 AM

Thanks.

My memory is shot, it took reading back to even remember the EG&G debacle ever happened at all. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

I barely remember a fucking thing about CU's apeshittery, but I do remember that it got a little too personal and basically everyone who's opinion I give a shit about has said "Fuck that guy." Also, his "I'm back" pseudo-apology sucked ass.

</bandwagon>

Reginald Ret

I totally forgot about this asshole. I'll be glad to forget about him again.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2014, 02:43:47 PM

Thanks.

My memory is shot, it took reading back to even remember the EG&G debacle ever happened at all. :lol:

Yeah, looking through the peanut gallery, there are some people I have no memory of.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2014, 03:03:54 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2014, 02:43:47 PM

Thanks.

Yeah, looking through the peanut gallery, there are some people I have no memory of.

Weird, isn't it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on April 05, 2014, 08:15:53 PM
I totally forgot about this asshole. I'll be glad to forget about him again.

:mittens: