News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

So I've been gone for a little over a week and...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I don't know if it's a recent development or if it just required a more removed perspective to see, but...

this place seems to be turning into a den of militant moral relativism. If I had thought for one minute that PD.com would turn into a giant circle-jerk of self-justification and rampant apologia for some of humanity's most reprehensible behavior (under the guise of "protecting the rights" of those who would seek to strip the rights of anyone different from themselves), I would have nuked it from orbit the minute I acquired it. As that is clearly no longer a reasonable or fair response, I'm gonna take my leave of this place for a while.

If for any reason it becomes necessary for me to step into a phone booth and put on my "THE MGT" costume, a few of you know how to reach me IRL.

peace out, spags.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM
militant moral relativism

Which threads are you referring to? I've also been away for a week and haven't really looked around much yet.

Richter

I'm curious too.  I've been in on a few things, but haven't had the time time for the zeitgeist.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

Honestly, I agree.

Also, all the backbiting bullshit. Maybe its just Hunter coming back that makes us think we should all troll each other. I don't know. Its all been done before. When I see threads turn that way I keep the hell out of them, even if it is popcorn, because it's popcorn covered with bullshit garnished with untreated sewage and fail.

We all need a break from here. Everyone. So go the fuck outside for a while, or something, cause we're not communicating anymore, we're running round in circles in this downward sloping drama curve of the drama cycle.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cramulus

really?

I think this place is at least 60% better than it was during the DK episode and the three weeks following it. I had to go away and come back in order to realize it though.

incidentally, I've been enjoying a lot of the threads outside of appletalk this week.

catch ya on the flipside ECH

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

fomenter

Quote from: Cramulus on March 22, 2009, 04:19:51 PM
really?

I think this place is at least 60% better than it was during the DK episode and the three weeks following it. I had to go away and come back in order to realize it though.

incidentally, I've been enjoying a lot of the threads outside of appletalk this week.

catch ya on the flipside ECH
i kind thought the DK episode was epic spagitry and kinda fun, i agree the few weeks after were weak but other than this being a bit of a doldrums with minor bickering i don't see any big shift from the usual ups and downs..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Pariah

Eh were angry people hanging out with other angry people. What do you expect to happen?
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Kai on March 22, 2009, 04:11:58 PM
Also, all the backbiting bullshit. Maybe its just Hunter coming back that makes us think we should all troll each other. I don't know. Its all been done before. When I see threads turn that way I keep the hell out of them, even if it is popcorn, because it's popcorn covered with bullshit garnished with untreated sewage and fail.

Are you simply implying that I inspired whatever it is you are seeing, or did I do something specific?
This space for rent.

Messier Undertree

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Messier Undertree

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!