News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Another reason to hate the world. True or False?

Started by Resigned Obligatorily, March 05, 2014, 10:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

THIS FOOD CONTAINS NUTS AND I HAVE AN EXTREME ALLERGY. SHOULD I EAT IT?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

MY CAR IS ON FIRE. SHOULD I FIND ANOTHER MODE OF TRANSPORT?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: Cain on March 05, 2014, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2014, 02:38:02 PM
It doesn't matter if Cain got angry; I doubt he has even bothered to respond since you started calling him that...Not because of butthurt, but because you're ASININE.

This is 100% correct.

Good. No one is forcing anyone to pay attention to me at all.
I see that it just makes me look bad, and drives people away from the thread.
Just as you have absolutely no obligation to reply to me,
I also have no obligation to please you and be entertaining.

That said, I'll lay off the asinine re-naming.
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

If you say its a bad idea
to listen to a nobody;
you likely are also saying nobody,
should listen to you.

Do not trust the authorities on a subject;
simply because they are the authority.

Listen to them only if what they say is truth.

~O.R.

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 05, 2014, 02:58:18 PM
Hold on a sec.  Let's look at this list.

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 10:55:51 AM
Literally all women care about.

1. How tall you are
2. How big your dick is
3. How much money you make
4. How much hair you have
5. Your social status
6. How fit you are
7. What car you drive (and other various status symbols)
8. What you do at work
9. How popular you are
10. How handsome you are

If we remove the implications and go soley with the text, it turns out that it doesn't put a judgement on each category.

For example, "How tall you are" may imply that women like tall men better, but that isn't stated. A woman who likes short men can care about how tall you are, and reject you if you're over 5'2".

The same thing can be applied to each category, so you can use it to describe just about any person you want to as desirable.

But that's just fun with semantics.  The real problem is with "literally all".  In that there isn't as single other thing women care about when considering potential mates.  Children? Drug use? Libertarian? Pet lover?  Prone to violence? There is a shit ton of factors people care about more than the above 10.

Also, leaving off the qualifier "when meeting men" or whatever implies that women don't care about anything else in their lives except for certain qualities of a man.

Which reduces women to objects, without agency.

Thanks for playing devils advocate for a sec.

That's interesting that you concluded that it objectifies women,
but the list is (now proven by previous posts to be)  a false view of woman's view of men.

So more accurately, it labels women as always objectifying men.
That is a demeaning dehumanizing generalization of woman.

Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

Resigned Obligatorily

Yes this is all over now.
I half-expect to not be humored any longer.

Thanks for trying in the first place seeing as how
that is more than I deserved according to you guys.
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

LMNO

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 03:29:42 PM

Wrong.

The list was not made by women, and it is not for women.

The list was made by men, and is for men.  It doesn't exist to help understand a thought process, it exists to give a strawman excuse for hating women.

I'm not sure why you don't recognize this.  The blatant misogyny is so strong in the OP, it gives the average reader here the impression you're either very, very dumb, or are attempting a troll.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 05, 2014, 03:35:55 PM
The list was made by men, and is for men.  It doesn't exist to help understand a thought process, it exists to give a strawman excuse for hating women.

This

QuoteI'm not sure why you don't recognize this.  The blatant misogyny is so strong in the OP, it gives the average reader here the impression you're either very, very dumb, or are attempting a troll.

and that
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 05, 2014, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 03:29:42 PM

Wrong.

The list was not made by women, and it is not for women.

I'm not sure why you don't recognize this.  The blatant misogyny is so strong in the OP, it gives the average reader here the impression you're either very, very dumb, or are attempting a troll.

Wow, you may have hit the nail on the head there.
Everyone here smashed this list with ease.
Perhaps I was blinded by my general hatred of women.
(and my agonizing stupidity)

I didn't make the list, I just couldn't competently disprove the list. You all gave very good reasons why it was a shitty list, and my only apology is for not being able to put my finger on the lists obvious flaws instead of asking you guys for answers that are obvious.

Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 05, 2014, 02:58:18 PM
Hold on a sec.  Let's look at this list.

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 10:55:51 AM
Literally all women care about.

1. How tall you are
2. How big your dick is
3. How much money you make
4. How much hair you have
5. Your social status
6. How fit you are
7. What car you drive (and other various status symbols)
8. What you do at work
9. How popular you are
10. How handsome you are

If we remove the implications and go soley with the text, it turns out that it doesn't put a judgement on each category.

For example, "How tall you are" may imply that women like tall men better, but that isn't stated. A woman who likes short men can care about how tall you are, and reject you if you're over 5'2".

The same thing can be applied to each category, so you can use it to describe just about any person you want to as desirable.

But that's just fun with semantics.  The real problem is with "literally all".  In that there isn't as single other thing women care about when considering potential mates.  Children? Drug use? Libertarian? Pet lover?  Prone to violence? There is a shit ton of factors people care about more than the above 10.

Also, leaving off the qualifier "when meeting men" or whatever implies that women don't care about anything else in their lives except for certain qualities of a man.

Which reduces women to objects, without agency.

That is just such a good comprehension/analysis of this. Well done!
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

Resigned Obligatorily

Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 04:04:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2014, 03:57:50 PM
Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 03:52:56 PM

Wow.

Changed it to be a little bit more accurate for you.

Doesn't matter.  I am blinded by my blinding hatred of those who hate women.  This is reinforced by the fact that I have a mother, a wife, and a daughter, and I don't like people who hate them.  So let's just say I have a vested interest in making your stay here as miserable as possible; because you're a bad person.

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2014, 04:07:38 PM
Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 04:04:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2014, 03:57:50 PM
Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 03:52:56 PM

Wow.

Changed it to be a little bit more accurate for you.

Doesn't matter.  I am blinded by my blinding hatred of those who hate women.  This is reinforced by the fact that I have a mother, a wife, and a daughter, and I don't like people who hate them.  So let's just say I have a vested interest in making your stay here as miserable as possible; because you're a bad person.

You do realize that I don't universally hate all women.
I don't think lesser of them either, and in fact there are a lot of ways that they are better than men.
To say that men and women are complete equals is simply wrong, just as saying one is better than the other is completely wrong too.

By hatred, I am referring to a series of defense mechanisms that I have set up because of my past experiences with women. I don't blame them either; my own terrible flaws is what causes the experiences to go bad. (I have had great experiences too, but those don't scar me so its like the bad times are the dominant gene and the good times are receive)

Though I'm saying this to humor you because this post wasn't supposed to be about me. This was supposed to be about this list. I'm not sure why I effect you so much if you think so little of me. Maybe this is your favorite on-line home, and I am a contagion; these reactions being a healthy imune system.

It just seems like you would have ignored me if that were the case.

For sake of better understanding and bridging the communication gap. Was there someone in your life who was very negative to you who left you scars for  you to feel and remember them by?

Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 04:20:53 PM

Some of your best friends are women, right?

QuoteBy hatred, I am referring to a series of defense mechanisms that I have set up because of my past experiences with women.

Hmmm...

QuoteBy hatred, I am referring to a series of defense mechanisms that I have set up because of my past experiences with black people.

or

QuoteBy hatred, I am referring to a series of defense mechanisms that I have set up because of my past experiences with Hispanics.

:lol:

QuoteI don't blame them either;

I am certain that they all just breathed a sigh of relief.

QuoteThough I'm saying this to humor you because this post wasn't supposed to be about me. This was supposed to be about this list.

I fail to see any functional difference; the list is about misogyny, and so are you.

QuoteI'm not sure why I effect you so much if you think so little of me.

Because I am bored.

QuoteMaybe this is your favorite on-line home, and I am a contagion; these reactions being a healthy imune system.

No, it's more like someone stepped in poo and tracked it onto the carpet.  Unpleasant, but not threatening.

QuoteFor sake of better understanding and bridging the communication gap. Was there someone in your life who was very negative to you who left you scars for  you to feel and remember them by?

Of course.  But I didn't suddenly lump all members of whatever gender or race they were into whatever I was angry about.  That would be both illogical and weak.

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2014, 04:29:35 PM
Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 04:20:53 PM

Some of your best friends are women, right?

QuoteBy hatred, I am referring to a series of defense mechanisms that I have set up because of my past experiences with women.

Hmmm...

QuoteBy hatred, I am referring to a series of defense mechanisms that I have set up because of my past experiences with black people.

or

QuoteBy hatred, I am referring to a series of defense mechanisms that I have set up because of my past experiences with Hispanics.

:lol:

QuoteI don't blame them either;

I am certain that they all just breathed a sigh of relief.

QuoteThough I'm saying this to humor you because this post wasn't supposed to be about me. This was supposed to be about this list.

I fail to see any functional difference; the list is about misogyny, and so are you.

QuoteI'm not sure why I effect you so much if you think so little of me.

Because I am bored.

QuoteMaybe this is your favorite on-line home, and I am a contagion; these reactions being a healthy imune system.

No, it's more like someone stepped in poo and tracked it onto the carpet.  Unpleasant, but not threatening.

QuoteFor sake of better understanding and bridging the communication gap. Was there someone in your life who was very negative to you who left you scars for  you to feel and remember them by?

Of course.  But I didn't suddenly lump all members of whatever gender or race they were into whatever I was angry about.  That would be both illogical and weak.

You're better than me. Must be that simple. Your superiority obviously gives you the right to judge others from a high chair and imply yourself to be a perfect holier than thou person. Your actions obviously seem to be the actions that a logical and strong person would make.

Why do you take this so serious in the first place?
What is accomplished by righting wrongs and laying down judgment within the confounds of an small ambiguous forum when you could be enjoying yourself talking with your friends in the other threads?
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.