News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

I just had a hilarious thought.

Lets assume that, for whatever insane reason, Hillary manages to win the Democratic nomination.  But not by popular vote, but because of the superdelegates within the party.

BUT THEN!  Obama decides to run, as an Independent, for President.  He picks a centre-right, antiwar Republican running partner and makes his bid for the leadership of the country.

What happens then?

Things get very interesting indeed....

tyrannosaurus vex

What happens then is the Democratic party implodes, Rush Limbaugh takes over all broadcast television and radio, Pat Robertson co-opts the election authorities and declares Bush Dictator for Life, the Constitution is fed to dogs, and three months later the US nukes the shit out of France. Meanwhile, a new law requires all TV in the USA be related in some way to Football, and nobody south of Canada even notices what's happening.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

LMNO

Does anyone esle get the feeling that Bush is spending the remaining months of his administration fucking up the country as much as he's capable, in order that the next president (presumably a democrat) will have no chance to fix things fast enough for our instant-gratification culture (which will cause massive resentment from the populous), thus greasing the way for another Republican victory in 2012?

AFK

Yeah, I think the next Prez, (including McCain) has zero shot at being a Two-Term Prez unless the Iraq insugency voluntarily lays down arms and the economy gets amnesia and forgets that it's phucked. 

I also think Bush has been hitting the Oval Office mini-bar a little too hard.  Anyone see that Irish Jig he did last week while waiting for McCain to show up?

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on March 10, 2008, 01:58:08 PM
Does anyone esle get the feeling that Bush is spending the remaining months of his administration fucking up the country as much as he's capable, in order that the next president (presumably a democrat) will have no chance to fix things fast enough for our instant-gratification culture (which will cause massive resentment from the populous), thus greasing the way for another Republican victory in 2012?

I've been saying that since 2005.  The Dems should have thrown Iraq, and this current election, if they wanted to assure their long term viability as a political party.

As things now stand:

Grass root Dems are pissed off because Congress has done next to bugger all to halt the war or prosecute the excesses of Bush and cronies.
Republicans are pissed because...well, the Dems still exist.  That's all most of them need.

Republican revisionists will lay the eventual defeat in Iraq at the feet of the next administration and current Congress especially.  As the economy continues to slide, it will be a Dem who has to deal with it, and probably will do so badly, earning much more ire than the administrations previously that helped create the current economic conditions.

If the Dems had played the Congressional election and primaries weakly, then it would have left the idiots with no-one else to blame than the people responsible.  As it is, the Dems have signed up for the role of scapegoat, for some bizzare reason.

tyrannosaurus vex

It's because Barack Obama is America's Savior(tm), and the DNC thinks everything will get better if they take a real majority in DC. They can't let a major election year just walk past them without trying to jump into power, because they are politicians and therefore they are allergic to biding their time for that long. The GOP will be more than happy to oblige the liberals (ffs, MCCAIN is their nominee -- as far as half of the GOP is concerned, he might as well be a Democrat anyway) because they know the major fallout from Bush is going to come down sometime in the next 4 years.

The gamble for the Democrats is, can they actually deliver a solid and capable government, the likes of which hasn't been seen in this country for at least 50 years? Even if they can't, they're betting on Obama's ability to sweet-talk his way out of any trouble (and if they go for Clinton, the whole planet is probably fucked.) For the Republicans, the gamble is that the Democratic administration will be as boneheaded as the Bush administration has been, although that's hard to match.

Cain

I wonder how Blackwater will react to an entirely Democratic government?  Erik Prince is a big fan of the GOP theocrats, possibly more so than he is a fan of huge profit margins and hired killers from around the globe.  He also hangs around people who are very interested in making that vision of a Christian America a reality.  He may not consent to his company helping a nominally more secular party.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2008, 04:05:05 PM
I wonder how Blackwater will react to an entirely Democratic government?  Erik Prince is a big fan of the GOP theocrats, possibly more so than he is a fan of huge profit margins and hired killers from around the globe.  He also hangs around people who are very interested in making that vision of a Christian America a reality.  He may not consent to his company helping a nominally more secular party.

Oh wouldn't that bring sweet chaos?! Hillary says "We're Staying, but we'll need more troops now that Blackwater has proven that they are unpatriotic and are leaving us to fend for ourselves!

Then again... that many guys with guns, not directly under the control of the government... Whoo Hoo!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on March 10, 2008, 01:58:08 PM

I've thought that since he got into office the 2d round.

tyrannosaurus vex

AFK

:lulz:

I know the annotations are not from Obama but was that press release really from Clinton's campaign?  I fear when our politicians use such twisted and assinine logic. 

Cain

BREAKING!  CLINTON SUPPORTERS AT DAILYKOS.COM GO ON STRIKE!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/3/14/20827/4727/132/476843

QuoteI've been posting at DailyKos for nearly 4 years now and started writing diaries in support of Hillary Clinton back in June of last year.  Over the past few months I've noticed that things have become progressively more abusive toward my candidate and her supporters.

I've put up with the abuse and anger because I've always believed in what our on-line community has tried to accomplish in this world.  No more.  DailyKos is not the site it once was thanks to the abusive nature of certain members of our community. 

I've decided to go on "strike" and will refrain from posting here as long as the administrators allow the more disruptive members of our community to trash Hillary Clinton and distort her record without any fear of consequence or retribution.  I will not be posting at DailyKos effective immediately.  I will not help drive up traffic or page-hits as long as my candidate – a good and fine DEMOCRAT - is attacked in such a horrid and sexist manner not only by other diarists, but by several of those posting to the front page.

http://tomwatson.typepad.com/tom_watson/2008/03/the-left-splits.html

A writer's strike at DailyKos is the latest symptom of a fast-moving infection in the progressive blogosphere - the all-too-real political fissure driven by online bullying that shows no signs of healing by August. Does this virtual walk-out presage the real thing in Denver? Too early to tell, but the real anger among Democratic bloggers who do not ardently support Barack Obama swats down the dismissive conventional wisdom of "they'll come back in the end" - at least for now.

Oh yes, this is brilliant!  We need to exploit this, if it continues to spread.  A fully blown political split bought on by the bloggers would be wonderful to behold!  Ahahahahaha!