painted miniatures

Started by Elder Iptuous, November 14, 2011, 02:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2011, 04:38:09 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on December 09, 2011, 04:35:55 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2011, 04:33:06 AM
Looks like she's gonna trip over her fucking sword.   :lulz:

I totally didn't notice the sword.  I was too distracted by her tits book.

Now I know who's been making the figs all sticky.

DAMN.

Freeky,
Pwnt

Elder Iptuous

yeppa.
it's a pathfinder figure.  i've never played the game, but i'm just painting for fun, and i guess all the 25/28mm minis are usable in any game that they don't look anachronistic, no?

the young lady at the shop who paints minis and gave me some pointers said that Wizards no longer makes the D&D figures, and that they let Reaper take over that mantle. but i see that this doesn't appear to be the case according to the Wizards website.  maybe she was saying that they previously made their own metal unpainted figures, and now they only make the plastic prepainted?  i dunno.

and, yeah.  her sword and book are both ridiculously large.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2011, 04:38:09 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on December 09, 2011, 04:35:55 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2011, 04:33:06 AM
Looks like she's gonna trip over her fucking sword.   :lulz:

I totally didn't notice the sword.  I was too distracted by her tits book.

Now I know who's been making the figs all sticky.

This, unfortunately, reminds me of a client from back in my 900-girl days.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on December 09, 2011, 05:09:58 AM
yeppa.
it's a pathfinder figure.  i've never played the game, but i'm just painting for fun, and i guess all the 25/28mm minis are usable in any game that they don't look anachronistic, no?

the young lady at the shop who paints minis and gave me some pointers said that Wizards no longer makes the D&D figures, and that they let Reaper take over that mantle. but i see that this doesn't appear to be the case according to the Wizards website.  maybe she was saying that they previously made their own metal unpainted figures, and now they only make the plastic prepainted?  i dunno.

and, yeah.  her sword and book are both ridiculously large.

Reaper HAD it, but then they gave the fucking contract to Wizkids, who are now making blobby plastic pre-painted models that you have to buy blind, for their "collectible" tabletop game.

It pains me, Iptuous.  It's like they took every mistake TSR and WotC ever made, and decided to do them again.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

heh.... what can you do?
wizkids. they're the ones that do mageknight/heroclix, right?
so, just to get this straight, the figs that are sold on the Wizards site (that you buy in 'booster packs' sight unseen) actually made by wizkids?  and they suck, you say...

ok. so you obviously know what the score is.... is there any reason that you would want to use one brand of mini over another in a D&D game beyond which one just looks best to you? (assuming that it's pretty much the right scale)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on December 09, 2011, 05:30:45 AM
heh.... what can you do?
so, just to get this straight, the figs that are sold on the Wizards site (that you buy in 'booster packs' sight unseen) actually made by wizkids?  and they suck, you say...

ok. so you obviously know what the score is.... is there any reason that you would want to use one brand of mini over another in a D&D game beyond which one just looks best to you? (assuming that it's pretty much the right scale)

Crappy figs just don't feel right in-game.

Reaper or GTFO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2011, 05:34:39 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on December 09, 2011, 05:30:45 AM
heh.... what can you do?

Crappy figs just don't feel right in-game.

Reaper or GTFO.

Reaper does some BRILLIANT work.  And very affordable.