News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 10:48:15 PM
I just dropped that Shii link at the Chasing Eris page on FB and Swabey countered by informing me that Shii apparently credited Uncle BadTouch with writing the Apocrypha? If so, that's pretty fucking retarded.

Where did he credit him? I'm sure that Shii would want to know his mistake, given that he loathes Shady.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think it's fascinating that so many other people who have said they won't be participating have not been kicked out of the group, in contradiction to what Dingo said about his reasons for banning me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 11:17:21 PM
I think it's fascinating that so many other people who have said they won't be participating have not been kicked out of the group, in contradiction to what Dingo said about his reasons for banning me.

I'm booted from the group but I see Dingo hasn't unfriended me.

Going to fix that.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 17, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Going to fix that.

I guess he only kicked the people he was maddest at. :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 17, 2012, 05:04:15 PM
I would personally be willing to come back to the project if Uncle BadTouch were booted. Frankly, I can't even figure out what he's contributed - sure, he's a big name in Discordia, but he doesn't seem to have gotten there in his own merit. I'm guessing you feel you have to include him? What do you gain from legitimizing his creeper ass and associating him with the rest of us with him. I don't want to risk it. Nigel can't afford it. Pixie can't afford it. Who else can't afford it? If you're going to go back to teaching, can you afford it?
Aside from losing you way more people to interview, like LMNO said, I'd like to be able to plug this to other people and I will refuse to if LS is included. Including him loses you people who would help get you a broader audience.

I don't think I would, personally, because I don't trust Dingo anymore. It bums me out because it sounded like a good project, but after the way he handled it and treated me I am really leery.

And, frankly, I don't think it's worth my time to participate in a project that claims to represent Discordia but is perfectly fine with leaving Roger out. In my mind that's sort of like a project on Discordia that disregards Kerry Thornley. Because, love him or hate him, the reality is that unlike Uncle BadTouch, Roger is one of the most prolific writers and contributers in Discordian history. Anyone claiming to write about Discordia who willingly leaves him out is, in my opinion, hopelessly dishonest, because he's worth at least 500 Loveshades.

:oops:

I love you guys.

You know, my way.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2012, 01:09:06 AM
Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 17, 2012, 05:04:15 PM
I would personally be willing to come back to the project if Uncle BadTouch were booted. Frankly, I can't even figure out what he's contributed - sure, he's a big name in Discordia, but he doesn't seem to have gotten there in his own merit. I'm guessing you feel you have to include him? What do you gain from legitimizing his creeper ass and associating him with the rest of us with him. I don't want to risk it. Nigel can't afford it. Pixie can't afford it. Who else can't afford it? If you're going to go back to teaching, can you afford it?
Aside from losing you way more people to interview, like LMNO said, I'd like to be able to plug this to other people and I will refuse to if LS is included. Including him loses you people who would help get you a broader audience.

I don't think I would, personally, because I don't trust Dingo anymore. It bums me out because it sounded like a good project, but after the way he handled it and treated me I am really leery.

And, frankly, I don't think it's worth my time to participate in a project that claims to represent Discordia but is perfectly fine with leaving Roger out. In my mind that's sort of like a project on Discordia that disregards Kerry Thornley. Because, love him or hate him, the reality is that unlike Uncle BadTouch, Roger is one of the most prolific writers and contributers in Discordian history. Anyone claiming to write about Discordia who willingly leaves him out is, in my opinion, hopelessly dishonest, because he's worth at least 500 Loveshades.

:oops:

I love you guys.

You know, my way.

D'AWWWW!  :scared:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 11:47:49 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 17, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Going to fix that.

I guess he only kicked the people he was maddest at. :lol:

Dammit, I need to work harder.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 11:14:48 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 10:48:15 PM
I just dropped that Shii link at the Chasing Eris page on FB and Swabey countered by informing me that Shii apparently credited Uncle BadTouch with writing the Apocrypha? If so, that's pretty fucking retarded.

Where did he credit him? I'm sure that Shii would want to know his mistake, given that he loathes Shady.

Right in that article. His hyperlink to the "shitty vanity press book" that Uncle BadTouch wrote links to the Apocrypha. I'd send him a scathing email but apparently he's so sure of everything he writes on that site that he doesn't bother providing a way to contact him.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, he's apparently a libertard Paulbot. That makes him only barely better than Uncle BadTouch.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Huh, things I didn't know.

Placid Dingo

Roger is welcome to participate as is anyone else, so I feel it's a bit disingenous to say I'm 'perfectly fine with leaving Roger out.' I spoke to Roger regarding Uncle BadTouch in late August, and it wasn't a dealbreaker at the time. I spoke again two months later in October when he told me he wouldn't be participating, and it was clear to me that this wasn't contingent on my changing my project, and that is wasn't related to LS.

Re; the group, as I said, I handelled it badly at the time, immediately pulling out the four people who announced they wouldn't intend to be participating any more in that LS thread. I had a little freakout, stressing about the group collapsing into drama, and made a poor snap judgment. There's two people in the group now that I'm aware of who have let me know they definately will not be taking part, but rather than making the same mistake repeatedly for the sake of consistency, it seems like less drama and upset to ask those individuals to take themselves out of the group when they're ready.

I do not suspect that any of the troubles I've had over the course of the project are the result of a conspiracy of any form, and haven't suggested as much to anyone.

I'll definitely be contacting Shii, thank you. [Edit: If possible]

Also, Nigel I know you're not telling me that your participation is contingent on my leaving Uncle BadTouch out. But others were, so the comments specific to that, were meant for the people to whom they applied, not as an insult to you personally.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

Crosspost from Group, as per Twid's request

Context and my position regarding recent drama.

There's been a bit of a stress out recently regarding a figure known as Reverend Uncle BadTouch.

For those unfamiliar, Reverend Uncle BadTouch is controvercial for two things

1. He has made several comments or allusions to children in sexual contexts, seriously arguing against existing age of conscent laws and producing writing that makes references to youth sexuality (though some of this, such as the 'kids club' seems possibly intended as parody).

2. He has personally upset a huge number of Discordians. The first two of my subjects have said that they each have had credit for their hard work taken by Uncle BadTouch, and they are by no means the only ones.

My position is this; Uncle BadTouch, deserving or not, is a well known figure who identifies as Discordian. Two of my subjects to date have been personally affected by Uncle BadTouch. It would be dishonest of me to simply pretend that he does not exist.

I am not creating a Public Relations document to promote Discordia. I am endevoring to take a snapshot of Discordia as it manifests today. This means showing all aspects.

I have completed a short Q+A with Uncle BadTouch, and as with any other interview or communication, I will work out how much, if any, of it I will use towards the end. If your participation is contingent on making this descision for me, I'm afraid that's not something I'm comfortable with.

What I can assure

- I will explicitly point out that Uncle BadTouch's views do not reflect the views of Discordians at large, or the other participants in the project.

-I am not writing to give an unlimited speakers corner to Uncle BadTouch or any other participant. I am offering an onging commentary alongside the narrative, and I am happy to point out things that make me or the Discordian community at large uncomfortable.

You are welcome to have your own discussions around this, but please tag me if you have any specific questions.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 18, 2012, 10:14:58 AM
I am offering an onging commentary alongside the narrative, and I am happy to point out things that make me or the Discordian community at large uncomfortable.

You've made it about Uncle BadTouch, rather than Discordia. You've allowed your subjective decision that he's a part of "the community" to take precedence over how the larger community actually feels about him. Is that people dictating what you should do, or you dictating how the community ought to feel?

Why don't you take a seat right over there?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lol: At this point he's just digging in his heels and screeching, because he won't be told what to do. Regardless of how the Discordian community feels about things. He made a decision and he's going to stick with it through hell or high water, because pride.

The Good Reverend Roger

Fuck that, Dingo, on account of two things.

1.  Uncle BadTouch is not part of our community.  He is a leech and a Manson wannabe, and while that might qualify him for YOUR Discordianism, it doesn't for mine, and...

2.  I have no urge to participate, due to both #1 above, plus the fact that you don't particularly like me and never have, and as a result, I don't particularly like you.  While I might rant because I HAVE to, I choose to rant HERE because I LIKE most people here, and I don't care one way or the other about the rest.  You can do without my shit.  You have Uncle BadTouch, after all, and his "Shamlicht Boys and Girls Club".

Also, you aren't going to convince many people here.  Not that you're really trying...What you're repeating over and over again is this:  "You may all come back on my terms now, if you wish", neverminding that one of your terms is unacceptable to anyone with a single scruple to their name (ie, the inclusion of Uncle BadTouch).  Accepting that people won't work with him, and then deciding which way to go afterward is one thing, saying that anyone who won't do your bidding is "trying to take editorial control" is quite another.

It's very simple:  You have to choose between A) Uncle BadTouch, and B) Many of the people complaining, if not all.

Also, I've never been happy about Uncle BadTouch being included, so don't act like I was.  Asshole.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.