News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

How to BE a fat bastard

Started by The Dark Monk, June 24, 2012, 02:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on July 10, 2012, 10:12:53 PM
Jesus, Net! I hope you get all that (and what-the-fuck-ever it is that's wrong with your eyes) sorted soon. :(

Thanks, I'm working on it.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 10, 2012, 07:19:29 PM
And I disagree that knives for protection are necessarily for killing people. In some situations you might have to, but the two times that I've actually had to use a knife, the guys got all shocked when they realized they were cut and quit. I guess they didn't expect it, they thought I was going to just beg or something. Might be different with a male on male attack, I don't know.

If I wasn't trying to kill or seriously injure someone to begin with, them cutting me with a knife would make me start trying.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on July 12, 2012, 02:49:38 AM
And I disagree that knives for protection are necessarily for killing people. In some situations you might have to, but the two times that I've actually had to use a knife, the guys got all shocked when they realized they were cut and quit. I guess they didn't expect it, they thought I was going to just beg or something. Might be different with a male on male attack, I don't know.

If I wasn't trying to kill or seriously injure someone to begin with, them cutting me with a knife would make me start trying.

Yeah, but you're not the type that jumps women to begin with. Whole different reaction.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 12, 2012, 03:26:21 AM

Yeah, but you're not the type that jumps women to begin with. Whole different reaction.  :lol:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that anything that does not physically incapacitate or restrain someone is not a good idea to base self defense around. In other words relying on pain from superficial wounds is not a good idea. Not everyone will react in the same way to pain stimulus.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Guru Quixote on July 12, 2012, 05:48:28 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that anything that does not physically incapacitate or restrain someone is not a good idea to base self defense around. In other words relying on pain from superficial wounds is not a good idea. Not everyone will react in the same way to pain stimulus.

Well yeah, then you stick 'em in the neck.

Freeky

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 12, 2012, 06:20:47 AM

You might not be able to do so after you find that out.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 12, 2012, 06:36:48 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 12, 2012, 06:20:47 AM

You might not be able to do so after you find that out.

Very true.

But once it gets that clusterfucked, it's probably the only chance you've got.

East Coast Hustle

Not unless they (literally) ask for it. But there are other people whose response to something like that would be similar and some of those people ARE shitnecks of the lowest order. And you never know when someone's hopped to the gills on bad crank and won't even feel it. IMO, if you feel physically threatened enough to try to actually hurt someone, you're better off just killing them or delivering a completely incapacitating strike (throat, solar plexus, knee).

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Yeah, my basic self-defense rule goes two ways:

1)  Make sure they can't temporarily chase you, and then run.

2)  Make sure they will never be able to chase you again, ever (the Enders Game tactic).

Note: both 1) and 2) employ the "by any means possible" technique.

Luckily, I've never had to resort to 2).

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah, I've been lucky too.

I'd probably go with "incapacitating", ECH. I don't really trust myself to make a snap decision to kill somebody even if they're a fucking psycho. Back to the CS gas.

East Coast Hustle

Shit, you live in Texas. I think they actually give you a tax break if you kill someone in self-defense.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on July 12, 2012, 05:27:54 PM
Shit, you live in Texas. I think they actually give you a tax break if you kill someone in self-defense.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: More than likely. They buy you drinks if you smack somebody with a bottle.

Epimetheus

RE: thread title,

Anyone have tips on increasing appetite? I ain't got much of one these days...
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Salty

Quote from: chimes on November 08, 2012, 07:26:09 AM

Yes. I never have much of an appetite. What helps me is physical exertion, getting my metabolism geared to require fuel is the only way I get hungry, and even then it's often more of a mechanical process than a desire to eat for its own sake.

Even weed doesn't really do it for me. I'm thinking about cooking it all the time so I will have a compelling reason to eat.

You have to do it gradually. Three meals a day, small at first, and then add a little more food every couple of days. Eventually your stomach will grow and hold more, desire more food. I got close to this, almost my needed caloric intake, until I developed a peanut allergy. I was throwing heaping gobs of the stuff into oatmeal, smoothies, whatever.

Oh and don't get food poisoned. Saps the appetite something fierce. Especially don't get food poisoned 6 times in 16 months.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

Quote from: Alty on November 08, 2012, 05:57:52 PM
Quote from: chimes on November 08, 2012, 07:26:09 AM

Yes. I never have much of an appetite. What helps me is physical exertion, getting my metabolism geared to require fuel is the only way I get hungry, and even then it's often more of a mechanical process than a desire to eat for its own sake.

Even weed doesn't really do it for me. I'm thinking about cooking it all the time so I will have a compelling reason to eat.

You have to do it gradually. Three meals a day, small at first, and then add a little more food every couple of days. Eventually your stomach will grow and hold more, desire more food. I got close to this, almost my needed caloric intake, until I developed a peanut allergy. I was throwing heaping gobs of the stuff into oatmeal, smoothies, whatever.

Oh and don't get food poisoned. Saps the appetite something fierce. Especially don't get food poisoned 6 times in 16 months.

STOP  GETTING FOOD POISONED, ALTY.