News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

But, how?

Started by Kaienne, October 09, 2007, 02:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaienne

How does someone so rediculously full of phail do this?

The Chao, Expanded
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/KT_Kaitlyn/k1a.jpg

The Lotus
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/KT_Kaitlyn/k2a.jpg

Also, I have a slightly-higher resolution scan of my last piece;
Untitled 06
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/KT_Kaitlyn/k0a.jpg

Enjoy!
In a constant state of losing The Game.

That One Guy

Like the earlier ones, these are really good (and thanks for the hi-res version of that last one!). Regarding the "fail" shit, just because one thing is regarded as "fail", doesn't mean it all will be automatically - at least by everyone. Some people enjoy holding a grudge, and will do so regardless. Others will take each individual bit on its own merit and decide for themselves.

This stuff (the drawings) is great. More please! The chain dancing, not so much. I worked as a stagehand at the Berklee Performance Center for two years and made a pact to never listen to someone learning an instrument as I forcibly heard it for two years at student shows, and yes, some of them just can't play what they were doing, so you'll excuse me if I avoid the djembe etc. stuff. Me, if I was to put up any artwork I had drawn it would be shot down quickly as it isn't any good. This wouldn't bother me. If you look to the anonymous hordes on the internet for artistic validation, you'll be sorry almost every time ... and you'll find someone who thinks you're the next John Lennon or Picasso almost every time, too (although they never pay for shit 99% of the time unless you get lucky and find a bunch of them to exploit). That doesn't mean it's genius, or even any good at all. It just means that, like rule 34, there's always someone out there that likes it.

If I want to pimp my music, I have places and procedures for that. I don't rely (or even care) what other people think about what I play when I play. I just have fun and hope everyone else is having fun too. That way, even if things suck, I had a good time. Needing other people to love (or hate) something is a sure way to be disappointed. Just enjoy it yourself, no matter what other people say.

Just don't be shocked when not everyone likes it, whatever it is.

Also, more pics in that style please :)
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

LMNO

Quote from: Kaienne on October 09, 2007, 02:22:53 PM

My first guess?  Either OCD or a crippling Ritalin addiction.

Oh, don't get your steampunk panties in a bunch, I was just kidding.

I appreciate the detail you put into those pics.  They look good.

Kaienne

Yeah, I'm more or less just joking around at my own expense. If I needed validation, I sure as shit wouldn't come here.

Oh yeah, and the more you know about Phi (1.618), the cooler that first piece is.

B_M_W

Kai, these are just as awesome as I knew they would be, maybe even better.  :D
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Suu

Probably the same way the rest of us do. With a pen.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

These are some good brain bending viewing.  :eek:
Appreciated!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Kaou Suu on October 09, 2007, 03:49:44 PM

They remind me of the things all the kids in high school used to doodle in their books and on their folders instead of doing work.

I don't hate them, I've just seen it before.
You know come to think of it I think I've been so desensitized that almost nothing intrigues me anymore. I feel like I've "seen it all".

:|  oh well.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on October 09, 2007, 04:08:43 PM
Quote from: Kaou Suu on October 09, 2007, 03:49:44 PM

They remind me of the things all the kids in high school used to doodle in their books and on their folders instead of doing work.

I don't hate them, I've just seen it before.
You know come to think of it I think I've been so desensitized that almost nothing intrigues me anymore. I feel like I've "seen it all".

:|  oh well.
thats funny because they reminded me of the same thing.  i don't think they're bad...they're nicely detailed.  i remember this one thing i did in middle school where i had a manilla english folder and i drew a very thin spiral from the middle of it to end up covering the whole thing.  it took me about a week of not paying attention to complete it.

Cramulus

B_M_W

Kai, is this all freehand or did you use a straightedge for some of the lines?

Edit: I just figured out the sequence in the second one, the number of nonprimes less than prime!

BMW,

Is proud of self.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Triple Zero

http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/

took me like 3 seconds:

http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/?q=1%2C1%2C2%2C3%2C6%2C7%2C10%2C11&language=english&go=Search

;-)

also Kaienne i like those pics. they do indeed remind me of highschool doodlings, but it's also obvious that you put a littlebit "more" in it than just wasting hours on pretty patterns.

about the phi/golden ratio thing .. i did recognize the spiral in the lower-left immediately (although it looks a bit "off" to me, not really as the logarithmic spiral should look, but meh) .. but as i look more carefully i see more and more .. there's the fibonacci (gesundheit) sequence, something about pentagons angles and ratios, "Au" the chemical symbol for gold :) (nice touch), the greek letter Phi in both uppercase and lowercase, some more logarithmic spirals, and i bet that most ratios and stuff are of course at 1.618.. i can't quite make out what the tiny scribblings are in de central circle, are they ones and zeros? binary code?

then a few things i don't understand:
- the character 'm' next to the 'Au'
- the upside down 'Mu' in white
- the greek symbol for 'pi' (as far as i know, pi doesn't have much to do with phi ?)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Triple Zero

wait yeah ok Au + m = "AUM" .. good :) [still, not much to do with the golden ratio, has it?]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kaienne

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/KT_Kaitlyn/Art1.jpg <---- Is a high school doodle done instead of doing actual work.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/KT_Kaitlyn/k1a.jpg <---- Is it's evolved form, using a Moon Stone.

Quote from: triple zero on October 09, 2007, 07:15:39 PM
- i can't quite make out what the tiny scribblings are in de central circle, are they ones and zeros? binary code?
- the character 'm' next to the 'Au'
- the upside down 'Mu' in white
- the greek symbol for 'pi' (as far as i know, pi doesn't have much to do with phi ?)

-Yes. Also, amongst all the 1's and 0's is a single 2.
-The piece isn't only about Phi, but rather a representation of my brand of eclectic spirituality which includes and ties together Hinduism and Sacred Geometry, amongst many other things.
-It's a reference to one of the stories in the Principia Discordia, about the Cow that answers the irate sage "Mu", Chinese for 'No-thing'. The name of the piece is 'The Chao, Expanded', after all.
-There're a lot of circles in the piece.