News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

My First Print

Started by Mourning Star, March 27, 2007, 07:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourning Star

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51792958/

Be as brutal as you want with the critique, I can take it.

Triple Zero

cool, i like it

reminds me a bit of a shot i once made with my digital camera. quality is not comparable of course, very grainy, but it's a cheap camera and i was playing with longer exposure times when it had just snowed (we dont get that often here) and it was evening time. everything is yellow/orange because the only light is the ambient light pollution of the city (which gets really bright when the sky is filled with snow clouds)

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Genocide Device

Actually I like it,Ķ the centering of the bridge is a little off for my taste but it doesn,Äôt hurt the moment of the scenery.  The one thing you might not like to hear is that it reminds me of one of those silly trendy light up paintings of New York at night but all the same it,Äôs bold enough to take your focus right into the picture.
Coffee: the old prozac

Mourning Star

Quote from: triple zero on March 27, 2007, 10:50:58 AM
cool, i like it

reminds me a bit of a shot i once made with my digital camera. quality is not comparable of course, very grainy, but it's a cheap camera and i was playing with longer exposure times when it had just snowed (we dont get that often here) and it was evening time. everything is yellow/orange because the only light is the ambient light pollution of the city (which gets really bright when the sky is filled with snow clouds)

I really like this shot 000

camera quality aside, I just love the scene you captured here.

Mourning Star

Quote from: Genocide Device on March 27, 2007, 11:05:36 AM
Actually I like it,Ķ the centering of the bridge is a little off for my taste but it doesn,Äôt hurt the moment of the scenery.  The one thing you might not like to hear is that it reminds me of one of those silly trendy light up paintings of New York at night but all the same it,Äôs bold enough to take your focus right into the picture.

The off-center bit couldn't be helped.  As you likely saw from the trees hanging over and framing the one side,  this is NOT by any means an easy shot to get.  The Erie canal is lined with trees or businesses along most of it's length, I got really lucky finding this location.

The semblance to the paintings might be the Duotone.  If you look at other parts of my DA gallery you'll find the original shot.  I just didn't feel that colour added anything to the photo, so I greyscaled and then duotoned it with a nice cool, calm, blue.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Mourning Star on March 27, 2007, 02:38:28 PMThe semblance to the paintings might be the Duotone.  If you look at other parts of my DA gallery you'll find the original shot.  I just didn't feel that colour added anything to the photo, so I greyscaled and then duotoned it with a nice cool, calm, blue.

ah so that is duotone :)

i did that too with my shot, in fact, also made it blue. was considering on posting that one, but i like the original better (also cause i overflowed the white spots a bit in the blue version, i should try it again)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Nice, clear and pretty balanced.  I like it.

Jenne

Quote from: triple zero on March 27, 2007, 10:50:58 AM
cool, i like it

Very pretty--gorgeous tone, actually.  Nicely done!

Ambassador KAOS

nice shot, I have an idea to help the centering issue.

for the frame get one of those kinds that has the two diagonal opposing right triangles covering the face of the print on the corners.  place one over the lower right and the other over the upper left.

This will take out some of the noise of the tree and the ded space of the water and make the bridge stand out more.

Hope that helps.

Good pic though, nice selection.
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

Mourning Star

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2007, 01:38:12 AM
Nice, clear and pretty balanced.  I like it.

Thank you.   :fnord:

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mourning Star

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mourning Star on March 27, 2007, 07:38:07 AM

That just needs some text, and you could sell it as one of those inspirational pictures.

Like "Patience.  You can't leap off a bridge til you come to it."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mourning Star

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 05, 2007, 12:03:38 AM
Quote from: Mourning Star on March 27, 2007, 07:38:07 AM

That just needs some text, and you could sell it as one of those inspirational pictures.

Like "Patience.  You can't leap off a bridge til you come to it."

:mittens: WINNAR