News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Name the Tucson Mascot

Started by hooplala, May 12, 2016, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

So, the Tucson Saguaros are looking for a name for their mascot.

I believe the only appropriate name for him would be Prick.

If anyone agrees, let's make this happen.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Q. G. Pennyworth

I feel so sorry for the prick.

hooplala

I think he should wear green tights.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Even our mascots are droopy and tired looking.  He doesn't need green tights, he needs food stains on the front of his outfit, a week's worth of beard, and a bottle of Thunderbird poking out of a pocket.  And then he should be arrested during the very first game for selling bath salts in the bathroom.  Or for getting in a fight with a 16 year old girl in the front row.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Tucson should instead take Luna, EoC, Richter, LMNO, any myself as mascots.  Mostly on account of it's pathetic how we all try to be all NICE when we meet up with each other, but we all remember, at some level, the events at Charley's Kitchen.  The fragment I remember was this split-second in time where I was leaning across the bar getting more beer for us.  LMNO was beating the night manager while making noises that sounded like a gorilla in a clothes drier, and Richter had pinned the bartender to the wall with one arm and was cataloguing the man's sins in a friendly-sounding voice.  Luna and EoC just sat at the table, bellowing out the song Mexican Radio.  I looked at the stunned crowd and said "what the fuck were you EXPECTING?  Action/Reaction, fools!  How else did you expect the universe to respond?"

That's all I remember.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

I think it would be nice if we were all sewn together like some sort of Frankenstein's Siamese Septuplet Monster.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on May 13, 2016, 08:18:56 PM
I think it would be nice if we were all sewn together like some sort of Frankenstein's Siamese Septuplet Monster.

I don't remember that bit.

I hope it wasn't my turn to get the drinks.

LMNO

I meant for the mascot, but come to think of it, those doorways did get hard to navigate through after last call.

Personally, I blame Twid.

hooplala

There's a word for that: flesh golem.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

minuspace

I'm holding one of them hostage.

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on May 13, 2016, 08:53:00 PM

There's a word for that: flesh golem.

A flesh golem would make a great mascot.  They're immune to magic, and non-blunt weapons.  That would make it fairly survivable in downtown Tucson.

LMNO

I suppose they could nickname it "The Sausage Creature".

Cain

"The Eric Pickles" (who may be an IRL flesh golem).

minuspace

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 13, 2016, 08:15:00 PM
Tucson should instead take Luna, EoC, Richter, LMNO, any myself as mascots.  Mostly on account of it's pathetic how we all try to be all NICE when we meet up with each other, but we all remember, at some level, the events at Charley's Kitchen.  The fragment I remember was this split-second in time where I was leaning across the bar getting more beer for us.  LMNO was beating the night manager while making noises that sounded like a gorilla in a clothes drier, and Richter had pinned the bartender to the wall with one arm and was cataloguing the man's sins in a friendly-sounding voice.  Luna and EoC just sat at the table, bellowing out the song Mexican Radio.  I looked at the stunned crowd and said "what the fuck were you EXPECTING?  Action/Reaction, fools!  How else did you expect the universe to respond?"

That's all I remember.
I would be part of this mascot team as long as we could still keep The Prick as a name.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.