News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Mutants and Mastermins anyone?

Started by Requia ☣, October 26, 2010, 05:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

And here I thought this thread had died.

Pondering concepts.  PL 10 I assume?  Any special rules, other details?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Kurt Christ

If you guys would prefer, I'd be willing to raise the starting PL to 12. I've only read the M&M corebook, so if you really want to use something from a supplement, PM me and I'll take a look at it. In general, my rule for character creation is don't be a cock. Being a cock means creating characters are disruptive to the other players enjoyment of the game.

And Aberrant was a bit of an influence on the setting, though the Authority was the primary inspiration.
I can work on a few smaller factions that will be introduced over the course of play.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Requia ☣

I would recommend against a higher or lower PL, the only thing PLs really affect is how many +1s you have in the restricted categories.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Requia ☣

Kurt Christ

Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Ok, I have the 2nd ed corebook.

Any conditions on types of characters? Or is the ST gonna pick?

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 03, 2010, 07:24:34 PM

No explicitly magic-based characters due to the setting, though magic-like effects as a manifestation of your powers are fine. Scarlet Witch is acceptable; Doctor Strange is not.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Vartox on November 03, 2010, 08:50:48 PM

No explicitly magic-based characters due to the setting, though magic-like effects as a manifestation of your powers are fine. Scarlet Witch is acceptable; Doctor Strange is not.

Looking mostly for mutations/superpowers... or is a gadget hero acceptable?

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 03, 2010, 08:52:08 PM

Gadget heroes would be acceptable, though some of the plot is going to function on superhuman/human relations. As a gadget hero, you would fit best if you either played it as a diplomat between normal humans and whatever faction of superhumans you support(being a comparatively normal human among superhumans gives you a more human, and makes you more likely to be trusted by the public) or a superhuman with intelligence enhancing powers.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Vartox on November 03, 2010, 08:59:42 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on November 03, 2010, 08:52:08 PM

Gadget heroes would be acceptable, though some of the plot is going to function on superhuman/human relations. As a gadget hero, you would fit best if you either played it as a diplomat between normal humans and whatever faction of superhumans you support(being a comparatively normal human among superhumans gives you a more human, and makes you more likely to be trusted by the public) or a superhuman with intelligence enhancing powers.

got it thanks :)

Requia ☣

What's the pre-existing relationship of the group?  Have we been together a while, just met etc?

Brotep

Never played M&M but would like to get in on this.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Requia ☣ on November 03, 2010, 10:52:35 PM
What's the pre-existing relationship of the group?  Have we been together a while, just met etc?
I think I will be assuming that you are heroes active in the same city, but that you may or may not know any other individuals in the group. What city do you guys think would make a fun setting, by the way?

Requia ☣