News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Sigh.
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/tea-party-activist-gay-supremacy-becoming-monster-carries-greater-evils-white-supremacy-ever

QuoteMary Baker, leader of Conservative Moms for America and a speaker for the Tea Party Express, is warning in a blog post for Tea Party Nation that "gay supremacy is becoming a monster that carries greater evils than white supremacy ever did."

Her post, which Tea Party Nation leader Judson Phillips emailed to members today, also makes the absurd claim that white supremacy was "quickly put down" in America and argues that the gay rights activists are motivated by "hate" and bent on their opponents' "utter annihilation."

There's more, but I'm sure you see where this is going.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/04/15/3426856/prominent-republican-women-need-to-be-paid-less-than-men-so-they-can-find-good-husbands/

(Following emphasis not mine)
QuoteNow three days later, a prominent member of the Republican movement further undermined the party's campaign to appeal to women voters by suggesting that the current pay gap isn't wide enough. In an op-ed published by the Christian Post, Phyllis Schlafly — the founder of the Eagle Forum — maintained that increasing the pay gap will help women find suitable husbands:

Another fact is the influence of hypergamy, which means that women typically choose a mate (husband or boyfriend) who earns more than she does. Men don't have the same preference for a higher-earning mate.
While women prefer to HAVE a higher-earning partner, men generally prefer to BE the higher-earning partner in a relationship. This simple but profound difference between the sexes has powerful consequences for the so-called pay gap.
Suppose the pay gap between men and women were magically eliminated. If that happened, simple arithmetic suggests that half of women would be unable to find what they regard as a suitable mate.
Obviously, I'm not saying women won't date or marry a lower-earning men, only that they probably prefer not to. If a higher-earning man is not available, many women are more likely not to marry at all. [...]
The best way to improve economic prospects for women is to improve job prospects for the men in their lives, even if that means increasing the so-called pay gap.

This has got to be worth some kind of award or something. The GOP have been throwing women under the bus for a while but this is in uncharted realms of stupidity.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 16, 2014, 02:00:02 PM
Oh, Phyllis -- You so craaaazy.

She's still out traveling around, demanding that women stay home.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I can't think of a better place for this:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/aug/11/devastated-by-my-sons-tattoo

Quote"It's just a tattoo," he says, when the silence goes on so long that we have nearly fallen over the edge of it into a pit of black nothingness. "It's not as if I came home and said I'd got someone pregnant."

It seems to me, unhinged by shock, that this might have been the better option.

His father asks, "Does it hurt?"

"Yes," I say, cutting across this male bonding. "It does. Very much."

For three days, I can't speak to my son. I can hardly bear to look at him. I decide this is rational. The last thing we need, I think, is an explosion of white-hot words that everyone carries around for the rest of their lives, engraved on their hearts. In any case, I'm not even sure what it is I want to say. In my mind's eye I stand there, a bitter old woman with pursed lips wringing my black-gloved hands. He's done the one thing that I've said for years, please don't do this. It would really upset me if you did this. And now it's happened. So there's nothing left to say.

Fucking lunacy, so it at least fits half the requirements of the thread.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 17, 2014, 03:32:12 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/aug/11/devastated-by-my-sons-tattoo

Quote"It's just a tattoo," he says, when the silence goes on so long that we have nearly fallen over the edge of it into a pit of black nothingness. "It's not as if I came home and said I'd got someone pregnant."

For three days, I can't speak to my son. I can hardly bear to look at him. I decide this is rational. The last thing we need, I think, is an explosion of white-hot words that everyone carries around for the rest of their lives, engraved on their hearts. In any case, I'm not even sure what it is I want to say. In my mind's eye I stand there, a bitter old woman with pursed lips wringing my black-gloved hands. He's done the one thing that I've said for years, please don't do this. It would really upset me if you did this. And now it's happened. So there's nothing left to say.

I saw that the other day, and I was like, wut?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Isn't the guardian another national inquirer? Regardless so much butt-hurt for a tattoo.

Sita

Well my husband has a rather negative opinion of tattoos (which is why I will never get one) so I can see this as being true.

A stupid reaction, but true.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Bruno

SC Republican wants to end public schools: Nothing 'in the Bible about state education'

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/25/sc-republican-wants-to-end-public-schools-nothing-in-the-bible-about-state-education/

QuoteTexas Republican Dan Patrick told the Family Research Council's Washington Watch on Thursday that public schools in his state indoctrinate children with anti-American, left-wing, and environmental propaganda.

He compared his model for education to Henry Ford's mass production of automobiles, saying the private market had a solution to every problem.

"The scriptures teach this model, this is a biblical model, we don't see anything in the Bible about state education, and it's done as an outreach of the Christian community," Moore said.

He dismissed concerns about diversity, suggesting that non-Christians could attend "private-free market schools."
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 17, 2014, 03:32:12 PM

The son went off and did what he wanted to do, ignoring the fact that he exists solely to do what she wants him to do.

Kids, these days.  Geroff My Lawn, etc, etc.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 28, 2014, 06:56:20 PM
SC Republican wants to end public schools: Nothing 'in the Bible about state education'

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/25/sc-republican-wants-to-end-public-schools-nothing-in-the-bible-about-state-education/

QuoteTexas Republican Dan Patrick told the Family Research Council's Washington Watch on Thursday that public schools in his state indoctrinate children with anti-American, left-wing, and environmental propaganda.

He compared his model for education to Henry Ford's mass production of automobiles, saying the private market had a solution to every problem.

"The scriptures teach this model, this is a biblical model, we don't see anything in the Bible about state education, and it's done as an outreach of the Christian community," Moore said.

He dismissed concerns about diversity, suggesting that non-Christians could attend "private-free market schools."

LOL, South Carolina.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Uhhhhh

what part of the bible does he think advocates a free-market economy?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 08:55:11 PM

Uhhhhh

He's not actually worshiping Jesus.  He's worshiping Mammon.  But don't tell him, it will ruin the funny.

Cain

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on April 28, 2014, 08:55:11 PM
Uhhhhh

I actually think a Biblical economy is exactly what some of these tards want.

I mean, think about it.  No welfare system except in the hands of charities and religious groups, with vast concentrations of wealth among a relatively small ruling class.  Jesus didn't have to deal with no "regulations" to become a licenced and approved healer.  Only some kind of Marxist atheist would suggest you have to go to medical school to become a doctor.