News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Congress legalizes medicinal marijuana in DC

Started by Da6s, December 09, 2009, 04:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://copssaylegalize.blogspot.com/2009/12/great-news-from-congress.html

QuoteHere's how Congressional appropriators themselves describe the news:
Removing Special Restrictions on the District of Columbia:...Also allows the District to implement a referendum on use of marijuana for medical purposes as has been done in other states, allows use of Federal funds for needle exchange programs except in locations considered inappropriate by District authorities...

Well then. Good news i suppose.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jenne

MJ's out, abortions are in.

Nowadays, the main beef in Congress is federal money for abortions.  MJ is yesterday's chuck roast.

Cramulus

Medical Maryjane? On my east coast?

no fucking way!

East Coast Hustle

Maine has had legal medical marijuana for years. This year they voted to allow dispensaries, without which a medical marijuana law was kind of pointless.

though since you're from NY, Maine may not qualify as your east coast.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

:lulz:

well I'm from CT, and certainly don't identify with NY.

Yo I heard last night that in CA, Snoop Dogg is a licensed medical mary jane distributor. So you can actually buy weed from snoop dogg?? that's fucking classic

East Coast Hustle

no shit? I'm probably headed down to LA sometime this winter. you got a link or anything that might help direct me to Snoop's store?

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

damn - not finding anything  :argh!:

great rumor though

Cain

I've found it reported in a few places, but no actual link to any store or anything.

Ascoe

Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 07, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
no shit? I'm probably headed down to LA sometime this winter. you got a link or anything that might help direct me to Snoop's store?
one good place to go in LA (there are lots) is a place called green earth collective.

yay for DC but I'll be happier when the entire US wakes up and legalizes possession of glass pipes too. (http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=8012)

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Ascoe on January 08, 2010, 01:34:58 AM
Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 07, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
one good place to go in LA (there are lots) is a place called green earth collective.

yay for DC but I'll be happier when the entire US wakes up and legalizes possession of glass pipes too. (http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=8012)

?

There may be some local prohibitions, as appears was formerly the case in Breckenridge, CO, but for the most part, my understanding is that the possession of pipes, papers and assorted paraphernalia isn't illegal, provided it's for tobacco use only. Otherwise we wouldn't have head shops, along with miscellaneous convenience stores selling the same.

Of course, selling such materials can give the police a good reason to [want to] raid your business, but generally the simple possession of pipes isn't illegal, to my knowledge. Unless I'm wrong and there are alotta stores over here selling illegal shit.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Freeky

yay for DC but I'll be happier when the entire US wakes up and legalizes possession of glass pipes too.

Glass pipes are legal. That's why you can buy them in liscenced stores. It's only if they've got pot in them that you're fucked.  :?

Mistress Freeky,
Has a pretty glass pipe she bought from a shop.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, glass pipes are perfectly legal unless they've been used by you goddamn dope-smokers.

ECH,
only takes big rips of tobacco through his bong

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on January 08, 2010, 07:39:08 PM
yay for DC but I'll be happier when the entire US wakes up and legalizes possession of glass pipes too.

Glass pipes are legal. That's why you can buy them in liscenced stores. It's only if they've got pot in them that you're fucked.  :?

Mistress Freeky,

That's because we're in Arizona, where everything is legal except people.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 08, 2010, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on January 08, 2010, 07:39:08 PM

Mistress Freeky,

That's because we're in Arizona, where everything is legal except people.

Yes.

Although technically, MY pipe would get me in trouble cuz of sillyness that I partook of years ago. Or the ex would get in trouble rather, as it's over at the apartment still.

maphdet

Progress? maybe.

I also heard that teh feds can no longer have jurisdiction in the states' decision to allow legal pot.
Or something like that.

Personally, I think-the only reason pot is not legal is because it would be almost impossible to conduct a dui charge against someone who's been smokin.
There really isn't a breathalyser for pot smoking.

* doesn't think pot is all that bad*
except for the eating part of course.

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-