News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Douglas Adams (hgttg excerpt) on politics

Started by Ascoe, January 09, 2010, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Ascoe on January 11, 2010, 04:37:44 AM
anyway, i vote democrat partially because i'm against killing, war, and making money off of killing and war.

...And right now we have a Democratically controlled House, Senate, and White House.  Have any of these stopped?

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2010, 09:21:54 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 11, 2010, 07:05:36 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 10, 2010, 02:46:55 AM
Thats only really a critique of the first past the post system of voting, which does tend to end up in a two party system (there is actually a law describing this, only I cannot remember the name).  Under most forms of proportional representation, such as Germany and Israel, such votes are not wasted at all, since they count to the overall party tally and how many seats they can claim.

Adams was British.  So I don't think he was just critiquing two party politics.

What does being British have to do with anything?  I'm British.  We have a two party system in Britain.  I don't see whatever point you seem to think you are making.  Especially since I was replying to the point The Omnipotent Grinner made, and not the OP.

Didn't realize you did.  I assumed a parliamentary system was less likely to default to a two party position.  My mistake for being an ignorant American.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

hooplala

Quote from: Ascoe on January 11, 2010, 04:37:44 AM
anyway, i vote democrat partially because i'm against killing, war, and making money off of killing and war.

AAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's almost as funny as Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Ascoe

wow how many accounts did I register?

edit

East Coast Hustle

three, including the one you're posting under.

or you could try to convince me that those other 2 accounts whose IP resolves to the same block of LA that yours resolves to is just a coincidence.

I have some pretty good data-mining tools at my disposal. I don't think I'm wrong.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ascoe

East Coast Hustle

why would I care about that? POEE is not my website that you are spagging up.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ascoe on January 11, 2010, 06:28:20 AM

sorry nast, I have an acute allergy to people who pointlessly troll a completely harmless thread.

Do you know where you are?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Ascoe, I know this is probably a waste of time but...

This thread would have gone off better, at least I wouldn't have reacted so harshly to it, if you had...you know...added something.

Commentary. Opinion. Hell, if you had merely pontificated on the virtues of the OP.

But you didn't offer up anything any of us could not have obtained ourselves.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Jasper

IAWTC

Ersatz quotes of Doug Adams isn't really interesting without some kind of commentary.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘