News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

No crime? The the FBI will just have to invent one

Started by Cain, January 24, 2010, 10:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/19/fbi-terror-emergencies-phone-calls

QuoteThe US justice department is preparing a report which concludes that the FBI repeatedly broke the law by invoking terrorism emergencies that did not exist to obtain more than 2,000 telephone call records over four years from 2002, including those of journalists on US newspapers, according to emails obtained by the Washington Post.

The bureau also issued authorisations for the seizure of records after the fact, in order to justify unwarranted seizures.

Anyone still believe anti-terrorism legislation is only used against terrorists?

Requia ☣

Didn't the FBI admit this like, back in 2004 or 5?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Reginald Ret

No you see, since they said 'sorry, that was bad of us' everything is OK now.
they are now good people again and can be trusted.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Requia ☣

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Regret on January 25, 2010, 12:47:08 AM
No you see, since they said 'sorry, that was bad of us' everything is OK now.
they are now good people again and can be trusted.

"We have to move on."

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.