News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Music Discussion (fair warning): Your Top 10 albums.

Started by AFK, December 11, 2009, 08:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

My top 10 changes according to my mood, I could never pin it down to just ten albums.
... but the Last Poets are fucking bad-ass.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

East Coast Hustle

top 10 today (in no particular order and with no repeats from the last top 10):

Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun
Lostprophets - Fake Sounds Of Progress
Lo Fidelity Allstars - How To Operate With A Blown Mind
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Forever
Tiken Jah Fakoly - L'Africain
KMFDM - Xtort
Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

also, i've made 2 of these lists now and somehow managed to leave Angel Dust off of either one. This is unacceptable and I apologize.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Fuquad

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 16, 2009, 10:11:29 PM
also, i've made 2 of these lists now and somehow managed to leave Angel Dust off of either one. This is unacceptable and I apologize.
Faith No More's finest album.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

-Kel-

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 15, 2009, 06:01:34 AM
I can't decide on albums, or even songs, that make my top 10 list, so here is the first ten songs on the CD I just burned:

7. Cotton Eye Joe 2002 - Rednex

:x :horrormirth: :x :x

AFK

Quote from: A Pesky Nonvoting Screeching on December 17, 2009, 02:44:43 AM

I would go so far as to say one of the finest rock albums ever.  What's amazing about that album is how they can do a country-western style crooning song like "RV" and a sludgy, Sabbathy metal song like "Jizzlober" and be 100% convincing with both.  They're all pretty much musical geniuses in my boat, but only really excel when they are all together. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

rong

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 17, 2009, 11:07:26 AM

I would go so far as to say one of the finest rock albums ever.  What's amazing about that album is how they can do a country-western style crooning song like "RV" and a sludgy, Sabbathy metal song like "Jizzlober" and be 100% convincing with both.  They're all pretty much musical geniuses in my boat, but only really excel when they are all together. 

although i really like angel dust, i kind of think king for a day . . . is better.
please don't hate me.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

AFK

Quote from: rong on December 17, 2009, 01:13:14 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 17, 2009, 11:07:26 AM

although i really like angel dust, i kind of think king for a day . . . is better.
please don't hate me.

I certainly agree that it is a very good album.  Hell, it's better than 98% of what was being put out by rock bands at the time.  I feel Angel Dust is a more complete album however.  I feel like King for a Day has 2 or 3 filler songs.  They're okay, but not really captivating.  On Angel Dust the only song that comes close to filler status for me is "A Small Victory".  Also, King for a Day was rather weak on keyboards and from what I've read it was one of the albums that had the least amount of input from Roddy Bottum.  To me, he is really the glue for that band.  You take the keys away, and you still have some interesting rock and roll, but, it just doesn't have that extra je ne sais quois the other stuff has. 

Also, also, I'm a big Jim Martin fan. Huge mistake kicking him out of the band.  I'm sure he was an insufferable prick, but, fuck, so is Mike Patton. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Mangrove

Can't think of 10 right off the bat so here's:

Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix

and then 9 more if I can think of them.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on December 17, 2009, 01:24:53 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 16, 2009, 09:49:42 PM
Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come

Hell yes.
Just discovered that album a couple of months ago. I only like a couple songs off of it, but those songs are fucking awesome.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Hangshai

10. Jesus Lizard - Goat

9. Slint - Spiderland

8. Steel Pole bathtub - Tulip

7. Big Black - Songs About Fucking

6. Skinny Puppy - The Process

5. radiohead - ok computer

4. Pixies - Trompe le Monde

3. Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (live extended tracks version)

2. Enon - Believo

1. Brainiac - Static Prigs in Hissing Couture

Your taste in music is SHIT.

Since I only had ten, I tried to stay within a certain time frame, about 10-20 year span.  I could do one of these for every decade starting from the 60s... 
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

East Coast Hustle

you know, before you posted that and knowing next to nothing about you, I'd have bet a whole lot of money that you were a Jesus Lizard fan.

also, props for Big Black (that's one that could make my list on any given day) and Skinny Puppy (though I always preferred Rabies).