Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on October 24, 2012, 08:46:50 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-purging-leaders-with-mortar-2012-10

QuoteSince his father's sudden death, reports have surfaced that Kim Jong-un has been purging the North Korean military of "unsound elements" in order to tighten his grip on power.

It's not a new policy; Kim Jong-il executed plenty of his father's advisors and dissenters after Kim Il-sung passed away in 1994.

What is new is that Kim Jong-un is using mortar rounds to execute individual officers instead of a firing squad, according to reports from South Korean media.

Kim Jong-un allegedly asked loyal officials to get rid of "anyone caught misbehaving during the mourning period for Kim Jong-il."

Kim Chol, the North Korean vice-defense minister, was reportedly caught "drinking and carousing" in January, a month after Kim Jong-il died.

Intelligence data submitted to the lawmaker Yoon Sang-hyun, a member of the National Assembly's Foreign Affairs, Trade and Unification Committee, claimed that Chol was executed by firing squad.

But a source inside the South Korean government said that Kim Jong-un ordered those carrying out the sentence to leave  "no trace of him behind, down to his hair."

:lulz:

Oh, shit. I see that NK isn't going to be ramping down the crazy level anytime soon.  :horrormirth:

It's amazing what people will put up with.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2012, 08:23:45 PM
This is, of course, what Cain and others have been saying all along.

A paid informant for the New York Police Department's intelligence unit was under orders to "bait" Muslims into saying inflammatory things...

QuoteHe said he sometimes intentionally misinterpreted what people had said. For example, Rahman said he would ask people what they thought about the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, knowing the subject was inflammatory. It was easy to take statements out of context, he said. He said wanted to please his NYPD handler, whom he trusted and liked.

"I was trying to get money," Rahman said. "I was playing the game."

Yeah, it seems painfully obvious, especially to anyone who has EVER READ ANYTHING about situations like the drug "sting" attempt in Seattle. It makes it really frustrating that  they just keep on getting away with it.

It's amazing what people will put up with.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Tagline of our century, isn't it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 10:06:24 PM
Tagline of our century, isn't it?

Sure.  People will put up with ANY authority, petty or otherwise, and PAY THEM FOR THEIR "SERVICES".

A quick trip to the DMV will demonstrate that quite nicely.

Cain

I can't say that news out of North Korea disturbs me terribly.

It means Jong-Un hasn't just been wasting his time watching Mickey Mouse ripoffs while the military consolidate their power - he's been making a list, and checking it twice, and he's gonna mortar the fuck out of anyone who refuses to play nice.

The military have far too much power in North Korea and, as strange as it might seem, the new Dear Leader is considered by some, like the Chinese government, as the potential wedge for opening up and modernizing the nation.  Him consolidating his position is the first step in making that a reality.  The Chinese want to make lots of money in North Korea, but the heavily Stalinist military are a major obstacle to that goal.

The mortaring thing might be a bit extreme, but overkill is best kill.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/9634530/British-ExxonMobil-oil-chief-assassinated-in-Brussels-street.html

QuoteBelgian police have imposed a news blackout after Nicholas Mockford, 60, was shot as he left an Italian restaurant in Neder-over-Heembeek, a suburb of the capital.

The executive was shot three times, once as he lay on the ground, after leaving the Da Marcello restaurant in Rue de Beyseghem at around 10pm on Oct 14.

His wife, Mary, was left beaten and covered in blood. Mr Mockford died on the way to hospital.

Witnesses said they saw the couple walk across the street to their car, a silver Lexus 4x4, before shots were fired.

The attack was said to have happened very quickly and Mrs Mockford was left cradling her husband in the street, shouting for help. According to reports, two men were seen running away carrying a motorcycle helmet.

What I dont get is how the assassins found the time to beat up his wife in such a short period of time. You think you would either shoot the witnesses or high tail it the fuck out of there.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Prince Glittersnatch III

In unrelated news about Italy.

http://www.neatorama.com/2012/10/21/Cocaine-is-in-the-Air/

QuoteA study of psychotropic drug levels in ambient air from eight Italian cities found background levels of cocaine, cannabinoids - the active ingredients in marijuana - nicotine and caffeine in every urban centre.

Turin had the highest concentrations of cocaine, says Angelo Cecinato at the Institute of Atmospheric Pollution Research in Rome. Meanwhile, Bologna and Florence had some of the highest cannabinoid levels, which Cecinato attributes to the large student populations in the two cities.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Cain

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on October 26, 2012, 01:53:26 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/9634530/British-ExxonMobil-oil-chief-assassinated-in-Brussels-street.html

QuoteBelgian police have imposed a news blackout after Nicholas Mockford, 60, was shot as he left an Italian restaurant in Neder-over-Heembeek, a suburb of the capital.

The executive was shot three times, once as he lay on the ground, after leaving the Da Marcello restaurant in Rue de Beyseghem at around 10pm on Oct 14.

His wife, Mary, was left beaten and covered in blood. Mr Mockford died on the way to hospital.

Witnesses said they saw the couple walk across the street to their car, a silver Lexus 4x4, before shots were fired.

The attack was said to have happened very quickly and Mrs Mockford was left cradling her husband in the street, shouting for help. According to reports, two men were seen running away carrying a motorcycle helmet.

What I dont get is how the assassins found the time to beat up his wife in such a short period of time. You think you would either shoot the witnesses or high tail it the fuck out of there.

I heard about this the day after it happened.

According to the Belgian press,

QuoteSunday night a top executive of the petro-chemical company ExxonMobil was shot dead in the street in Neder-over-Heembeek, near Brussels. Nicholas Mockford was shot in the head twice, when he and his wife were leaving an Italian restaurant around 22h. Witnesses saw two men running away carrying a motorcycle helmet.

The man died on the way to the hospital. His wife Mary was beaten and covered in blood. Police and DA's office are saying that at this point they aren't excluding any possibilities, from a hit to a carjacking gone wrong. Although the violence used appears to be disproportionate for a carjacking, especially knowing that the killers left the Lexus ATV behind.

Investigators are doing everything they can to locate the perpetrators. They are going through his work at his firm in the hope of finding a clue. ExxonMobil is the company that owns Esso, Mobil and Exxon gas stations.

Sounds like a potential hit to me.

From what I can see from Googling around, Mockford was involved in Exxon-Mobil's Chemical Intermediates division - which is unusual.  While the oil business is occasionally filled with intrigue and dead bodies, the chemical intermediates market, which deals with lubricants, detergents, shampoos and similar, is not usually considered so.

However this information is from 2010, so it might be somewhat out of date.

Prince Glittersnatch III

A couple of sources have referred to him as a "green fuel marketer".

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote[Obama:] Ayn Rand is one of those things that a lot of us, when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood, we'd pick up. Then, as we get older, we realize that a world in which we're only thinking about ourselves and not thinking about anybody else, in which we're considering the entire project of developing ourselves as more important than our relationships to other people and making sure that everybody else has opportunity – that that's a pretty narrow vision. It's not one that, I think, describes what's best in America. Unfortunately, it does seem as if sometimes that vision of a "you're on your own" society has consumed a big chunk of the Republican Party.

:lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh, I see.

It's only piracy if you're an African not working for a white billionaire.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/billionaire-holds-navy-ship-hostage/
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

The Tea Bagger responses to it are funny too.

Real funny, because it's happening to some other country that speaks Spanish.

Nope, there's no unsettling precedents here.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division