News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain

Started by Cain, October 18, 2012, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Bored, bored bored.  Let's see what stupid stuff is being said at the Weekly Standard which I can mock

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/decline-and-fall_654827.html

QuoteWhen The Decline and Fall of the American Republic is written centuries hence, the date October 17, 2012, will occupy a prominent place in the narrative. On this day, a playoff game between the Yankees and the Tigers in Detroit was called not because of rain, but because of ... the threat of rain. Just as today's "liberalism has become hardly more than a trembling in the presence of illiberalism," so, in Obama's America, Major League Baseball cancels games not because of rain but because of trembling in the presence of the threat of rain.

:um:

wat

:ohnotache:

Prince Glittersnatch III

The hypertext in the article that was supposed to explain "liberalism trembling in the face of iliberalism" took me to this:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/liberalism-manic-depressive_654407.html

Wat  :lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Actually, I see the point he's trying to make, and it seems valid to me.

The left is a gigantic set of playground wimps that hasten to tell you that they're left-leaning or bipartisan or whatever the fuck excuse they have this week for being GREAT BIG SISSIES.  Liberals SHIT THEIR PANTS when in the presence of conservatives, because they have bought the conservative's narrative.  While individuals may be different, the "left" as a whole is absolutely fucking useless.  I shit on them from a great height.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Today's "liberals" are the primary reason the Overton Window has moved so sharply right.  Instead of drawing a line and saying, 'fuck THAT', they actively "reach across the aisle", not realizing that the right wing is just STANDING there, making the libs come to them and calling that "middle ground".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 07:40:02 PM
Today's "liberals" are the primary reason the Overton Window has moved so sharply right.  Instead of drawing a line and saying, 'fuck THAT', they actively "reach across the aisle", not realizing that the right wing is just STANDING there, making the libs come to them and calling that "middle ground".

And this is why Romney now stands a pretty good chance of being elected.  Liberals are either disgusted by Obama's weak sister act and won't be bothered, or they're PURISTS and can't bring themselves to vote for Obama because he is a great deal less than perfect.

And they're going to get every fucking thing they deserve.  The only thing keeping me from laughing is that a whole lot of people I know who DON'T deserve it live on the soft side of the economy (Nigel, my friend Hat, and others) are going to suffer with them.

Shitballs.  Every last motherfucker in this country.   I hope the Goddamn thing breaks off and slides into the ocean.  Christ, I fucking hate people.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

How the hell did the Right get all the people who can create effective narratives?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 07:54:36 PM
How the hell did the Right get all the people who can create effective narratives?

They aren't effective narratives.  The left is just weak and LAZY.  And their constituents are WORSE.  ANY excuse to beg off from maybe GETTING OFF THEIR ARSES AND VOTING, much less getting involved.  Their parents and grandparents smoked dope in the 60s, so they think their work is fucking done.

A plague on all cowards.  Wait.  I don't NEED to say that, because it's COMING ANYWAY, to a nation full of people who either want to vote for Romney because he looks all alpha male, or are too fucking hip to vote for a guy whose feet are made out of clay.

FUCK 'EM ALL.  DIE, BASTARDS!

LMNO

Ok, so how did the left get all the lazy cowards?

What I mean is, if it's a two-man con, why does one side get a larger share of ineffectual fuckups?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 18, 2012, 07:59:06 PM

They aren't effective narratives.  The left is just weak and LAZY.  And their constituents are WORSE.  ANY excuse to beg off from maybe GETTING OFF THEIR ARSES AND VOTING, much less getting involved.  Their parents and grandparents smoked dope in the 60s, so they think their work is fucking done.

A plague on all cowards.  Wait.  I don't NEED to say that, because it's COMING ANYWAY, to a nation full of people who either want to vote for Romney because he looks all alpha male, or are too fucking hip to vote for a guy whose feet are made out of clay.

This. Because the only thing between us and Romney is Obama, drone strikes or no.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 08:01:14 PM

QuoteTheir parents and grandparents smoked dope in the 60s, so they think their work is fucking done.

Also, too busy trying to look so fucking hip they can't be bothered with the game.

QuoteWhat I mean is, if it's a two-man con, why does one side get a larger share of ineffectual fuckups?

I love this shit.  Two man con.

Obama:  Drones.

Romney:  Drones, plus FUCKING YOU UP THE ASS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE KOCH BROTHERS.

Which is worse?  The guy who's fucking you one way, or the guy who's fucking you that same way plus FIVE HUNDRED OTHER WAYS.

It's the difference between "bad" and "worse", and the fact that this is somehow unclear to a gigantic chunk of our "left" citizens is infuriating in a way that's difficult to describe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 18, 2012, 08:02:39 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 18, 2012, 07:59:06 PM

This. Because the only thing between us and Romney is Obama, drone strikes or no.

No, the only thing between you and all these teabagger fucksticks with their fucked up legislation (killing unruly children, making women property, etc) is Obama.  Not that he's trying really hard...But Romney will ASSIST this shit.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 08:01:14 PM

What I mean is, if it's a two-man con, why does one side get a larger share of ineffectual fuckups?

Part of it could be just having more money and support. People who are good at controlling the narrative like Frank Luntz and Lee Atawater are the types who dont really have any values other than making money. Im sure if left leaning groups had access to the kinds of media exposure and spin doctoring the right has the situation would be very different.

And if you want to get a little tinfoilish, Tragedy and Hope claims that:

QuoteMore than fifty years ago, the Morgan firm decided to infiltrate the Left-wing political movements of the United States. This was relatively easy to do since these groups were starved for funds and eager for a voice to reach the people. Wall Street supplied both. The purpose was not to destroy, dominate or take over but was really three-fold:

1) to keep informed about the Left-wing or liberal groups;

2) to provide them with a mouthpiece so they could blow off steam;

3) to have a final "veto" on their actions if they ever went radical. There was nothing really new about this decision, since other financiers had talked about it and even attempted it earlier.

The best example of the alliance of Wall Street and Left-wing publication was "The New Republic" a magazine founded in 1914 by Willard Straight using Payne Whitney money. The original purpose for establishing the paper was to provide an outlet for the progressive Left and to guide it in an Anglophile direction. This latter task was entrusted to Walter Lippmann.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Obama:  Drone strikes.

Romney:  Drones strikes plus land war in Iran.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

LMNO

Look, for all I hate about Obama, I fully know that Romney would do all the same, and add in much worse stuff.  I'm voting Obama. 

But what's it going to take, in a pragmatic sense, to pull the Window back to the left?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 08:24:56 PM
Look, for all I hate about Obama, I fully know that Romney would do all the same, and add in much worse stuff.  I'm voting Obama. 

But what's it going to take, in a pragmatic sense, to pull the Window back to the left?

312,000,000 people floating face down in the ocean.