News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

New Theme for Principia Discordia Forum

Started by Reverend Jeremiah, December 07, 2008, 10:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Jeremiah

Hello my fellow Discordians, I know this is probably my very first post but I have something that I have been working on hard to give to the Principia Discordia community... a new forum theme.

I noticed that everything on this entire site is beautiful and themed other than the forum, which is using the default SMF theme. So I broke out the dreamweaver and whipped up a theme that is consistant with the rest of the site, you can check out the test site here:

http://www.cosmicforums.com/

This way it looks like the forum just runs right into the rest of the website, and it does more so than the one you have running right now. Look at the bottom of my test site and you will see a footer string of links that connects every forum page to every page on the main site, including the Black Iron Prison book as well.

I also put custom metadata in the head of this theme to direct keywords and favicon correctly in the browser. It also has several style sheet options that will shrink or enlarge the text on every page for those of you who would like to visit the site without your reading glasses on.

Here is a list of its built in support features if you want to mod up this theme a bit more

• Support for TinyPortal mod
  • Support for SMF Arcade mod
  • Support for Ultimate Shoutbox mod
  • Support for SMF Gallery Lite mod
  • Support for Ad Management mod
  • Support for Googlebots & Spiders mod
  • Support for Global Announcements mod
  • Support for SMF Shop mod
Anyways, I put quite a bit of work into it, so I hope you all enjoy it -- if the admin even decides he/she wants to use it. If this theme does get used, I pledge my support for it and this forum for free for any SMF related problems you may encounter or if you want to upgrade it/mod it.

Here is the link to the theme package:

http://www.cosmicforums.com/discordiantemplate.zip

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Reverend Jeremiah

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2008, 11:49:03 PM
Free Potato Peeler or GTFO!

:argh!:

err....ummm..what?

Let me show you what I do to people who rub me the wrong way.. I even made an Inspirational Tract to help spread the word about my awesomeness and everyone elses pitifulness:

http://jesuschristarcade.com/index.php?topic=21.0

Reverend Jeremiah

..and by the way..you'll get your free potato peeler as soon as I am done sodomizing myself with it!  :fap:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reverend Jeremiah

LOL, I have tons of stuff like that on my arcade. The Jesus Christ Arcade is spam free and pop-up free, so have fun.

fomenter

i thought the front page got a updated look ? where did it go?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: F.M.E on December 08, 2008, 12:21:08 AM
i thought the front page got a updated look ? where did it go?

It's close to finished, but hasn't been implemented yet... I believe it's still in the works though.

fomenter

i must have seen it during a test run? would have swore it was up..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

AFK

Quote from: Reverend Jeremiah on December 07, 2008, 11:55:32 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2008, 11:49:03 PM
Free Potato Peeler or GTFO!

:argh!:

err....ummm..what?

Let me show you what I do to people who rub me the wrong way.. I even made an Inspirational Tract to help spread the word about my awesomeness and everyone elses pitifulness:

http://jesuschristarcade.com/index.php?topic=21.0

Outlandish!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Svelte theme! If it gets installed, I'll totally try it out. Welcome aboard dude.

Eve

Quote from: Cramulus on December 08, 2008, 01:48:11 PM
Svelte theme! If it gets installed, I'll totally try it out. Welcome aboard dude.

Quoted only to highlight the stellar use of 'svelte' here.

Also, theme is cute. :)
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Reverend Jeremiah

Well, to be honest I am very reasonable. I have been working with SMF for over a year, and even though I am not a super pro at it like the guys who made the software, I know many ins and outs of the forum software to do damn near anything with it. If the owners of this site are planning on giving the site a new look (frankly I like the look of it now), then I will be more than happy to update this forum theme as well to fit the new design.

I have been a webdesigner for about 5 years now, the last 2 have been professional. I am well versed in Flash (check out my site and see all of the Flash comedy I have at http://www.jesuschristarcade.com/) and I currently work for P.Q.Host (http://www.pqhost.com/ - and yes, I made the Flash pages on this hosting site.)

The gist of it is, I love this book. I love the Principia. I love what the site owner has done in offering this WONDERFUL book to the masses. I am an absurdist by nature, and I tend to swing back and forth between discordian type religions and atheism (if that makes any sense..LOL)... I feel that it is only correct of me to give back to this site. So, my talents are on call to the owner(s) of this site. All they need to do is ask.

Praise Eris
Praise Loki
Praise Hypnos
Praise nothing!

Faust

wow, mind if I kidnap you?
I will try out the theme tonight and see is it compatable.
Sleepless nights at the chateau