News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Give us your best philosophy joke

Started by Malaclypse the Tertiary, September 06, 2005, 10:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lake of Lethe on August 01, 2015, 08:13:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 01, 2015, 07:34:15 PM
Great, great.  Fuck off.

Thanks, what I don't get is why I'm trying to justify myself to you all?

Fuck it, let me talk or ban me?

Like it or don't.

:argh!:

You can talk.  So can everyone else, even if you don't like it.

You called me a pervert for performing admin functions (ie, checking the IP location/city vs that of a known troll.  Your information wasn't looked at any farther than that, and wasn't generally released).  So now I assume the worst out of everything you say and do.

Action/reaction.  How could you possibly expect the universe - or another person - to behave any differently?

So again, fuck off.
Molon Lube

Lake of Lethe

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2015, 12:29:22 AM
Great, great.  Fuck off.

Like it or don't.

You called me a pervert for performing admin functions (ie, checking the IP location/city vs that of a known troll.  Your information wasn't looked at any farther than that, and wasn't generally released).  So now I assume the worst out of everything you say and do.

Action/reaction.  How could you possibly expect the universe - or another person - to behave any differently?

So again, fuck off.

Cool, I wasn't actually calling you a pervert!
The concept was one of potential humor derived via the mixing of actions. If you re-read, I am likening your "looking at my Ip" as to "looking up my skirt"!
No actual malice was considered as I typed.
As my interaction has found a 'sore' spot, then I am happy to 'tickle your fancy' and retract that I consider you to be a pervert.

Look up as many IP's as you find a need to....I would even be 'ok' with you "pinging" me, if it can alleviate the hostility?
:oops:

Your play thing
Lake
Really.... It's not personal....... It's just me passing limitation, or time, or whatever....... get over it!

Meunster

Great, great.  Fuck off.

Like it or don't.

Whoa man, Poe's law is fun and all, but you have to put the winky face so we know you're joking.
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lake of Lethe on August 02, 2015, 05:17:53 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2015, 12:29:22 AM
Great, great.  Fuck off.

Like it or don't.

So again, fuck off.

The concept was one of potential humor derived via the mixing of actions. If you re-read, I am likening your "looking at my Ip" as to "looking up my skirt"!
No actual malice was considered as I typed.
As my interaction has found a 'sore' spot, then I am happy to 'tickle your fancy' and retract that I consider you to be a pervert.

Look up as many IP's as you find a need to....I would even be 'ok' with you "pinging" me, if it can alleviate the hostility?
:oops:

Your play thing
Lake

Thanks, I guess. 

Is there any reason for the compulsion to be passive-aggressive? 
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Lake of Lethe on August 01, 2015, 06:07:20 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 01, 2015, 04:22:45 AM

And people know that Lethe is a river.

OH REALLY...... Did YOU make it, was you there?

What the fuck is it to your conception anyway

Lake....... River?
Why bring it up you padantic excuse? What have I done to you?
Maybe I'm just a VERY long and WINDING lake, ever considered that, butt cheeks?
Or do you, within your limitation, conceive that ALL lakes are roundish?
Maybe your education is seeping out?

Your not creation you know, or maybe you don't..... You say river....... I say kiss my rippling lake shaped stone skipping arse.

Be well, now were was that platform?

Had you drunk the waters
of your presumed namesake

you might be tolerable.

As it stands I find your body
quite dry, thin, & shallow, Lake.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

I just thought I'd isolate these sentences.

Ew.

Doktor Howl

I didn't really expect much, so I wasn't disappointed.

Lethe can view checking an IP address as "checking up her skirt" all she likes.  I don't care.
Molon Lube

Freeky

But, Dok, you're totally not a pervert by doing so.  Sounds legit!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on August 03, 2015, 10:41:56 PM
But, Dok, you're totally not a pervert by doing so.  Sounds legit!

It's just another friggin' Number6.  Or AKK.  Or any of those guys.  It's the same tired shit, time after time.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Number 6 was at least fun to poke at.  This guy is just a pile of squick and gross.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lake of Lethe on August 01, 2015, 06:07:20 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 01, 2015, 04:22:45 AM

And people know that Lethe is a river.

OH REALLY...... Did YOU make it, was you there?

What the fuck is it to your conception anyway

Lake....... River?
Why bring it up you padantic excuse? What have I done to you?
Maybe I'm just a VERY long and WINDING lake, ever considered that, butt cheeks?
Or do you, within your limitation, conceive that ALL lakes are roundish?
Maybe your education is seeping out?

Your not creation you know, or maybe you don't..... You say river....... I say kiss my rippling lake shaped stone skipping arse.

Be well, now were was that platform?

Look what I missed while I was gone!

Nothing!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thank you for explaining

that totally made it funnier.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

just this