News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 16, 2014, 03:41:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 16, 2014, 03:33:03 PM
My neighborhood is mostly solidly green, but sometimes raiding parties rip through and turn everything blue. Like LMNO said, it gets a little boring if you aren't on a border between serious blue and serious green territory.

I've observed that, at least in Portland, I can fairly reliably predict which faction will control a neighborhood by the neighborhood's financial demographic. Million-dollar condos and houses are always gonna be blue, modest apartments and middle-class bungalows almost always green. University area: green. Museum area: blue.

Yeah, the burbs definitely seem pretty blue here as well. Which is interesting, but not wholly surprising. Things are going good, don't ruin that for me vs. things could be better, let's see what we can do with this.

Interestingly, I know a guy who thinks of Enlightened as serving some nefarious purpose and that's why he chose it. A bit of an outlier, there, being philosophically aligned with his enemies instead of his allies, but then again, he's a bit of an odd dude.

Yep, it's funny how different those perspectives can be!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 16, 2014, 03:45:31 PM
Yeah, I got a silver Trekker, 48km more to gold, and I'm working on the Engineer (modding a portal).

33 days?  Damn, that's impressive.

It would be more impresive if I thought I actually had anything to do with holding it that long.  :lulz: I'm pretty sure it's one that a bunch of other players reinforced up to level 8 and are defending.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Yeah, I got my 20 day due to the kindess of strangers.

Nephew Twiddleton

Someone actually just told me to shoo

:lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

I never use the Comm function.  Though I suppose there are trolling opportunities...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 16, 2014, 04:52:50 PM

Haha, really?

The PNW Enlightened team refuse to admit me to their group, and won't say why.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 16, 2014, 05:00:52 PM

Haha, really?

I was attacking this guy's portal while I was waiting for the train and he sent me a message that said go away shoo and then another saying go get on the bus or train, lol
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 16, 2014, 05:08:14 PM

Haha, really?

I was attacking this guy's portal while I was waiting for the train and he sent me a message that said go away shoo and then another saying go get on the bus or train, lol

Hahahaha that is not how any of this works!

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Haha, really?

They're paranoid of spies.

I'm not kidding.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 07, 2015, 10:24:59 PM

Haha, really?

They're paranoid of spies.

I'm not kidding.

Really?

Spies from what? It's kinda nuts that I'm pushing level 11 and they won't let me into their Google Group because... what?

LMNO

It's really weird.  The Boston Enlightenment group has stopped using G+ to plan their raids, and have set up "invite only" websites.  It's kind of nuts.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 08, 2015, 01:16:16 PM
It's really weird.  The Boston Enlightenment group has stopped using G+ to plan their raids, and have set up "invite only" websites.  It's kind of nuts.

It's kind of bullshit. I'm assuming that I will be permanently uninvited from any PNW Enlightenment activities because the Old Man is Resistance.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 04:08:11 PM

It's kind of bullshit. I'm assuming that I will be permanently uninvited from any PNW Enlightenment activities because the Old Man is Resistance.

There were two groups when I got in. I had to go through some sort of vetting process to get into the second. I don't remember what all it entailed, but it involved them checking some secondary profile, IIRC.

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 08, 2015, 04:12:16 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 04:08:11 PM

There were two groups when I got in. I had to go through some sort of vetting process to get into the second. I don't remember what all it entailed, but it involved them checking some secondary profile, IIRC.

Well you know what? If they won't even approve my request to join or acknowledge my emails, from now on I will actively work to fuck up everything they do. They can look forward to being salted with link amps and fucked up links  that thwart everything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Paranoid shitstains.