News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Bullfrog fucks a stone

Started by MaxwellsDemon, May 03, 2004, 02:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

You read my charming feedback, huh?
Thanks, I'm also floatin well at the moment.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

MaxwellsDemon

Yup, still positive feedbacks still positive even if its from morons...
As it happens Ive started padlling in the pool of ROTAs recently, its strange Ive always been pretty, well, not doubtful, but more unsure of Tarot. But Ive been using them for a few months now, and the results are really quite amazing, the practice seems to enhance all sorts of things you wouldnt expect.... still dont know all the divinatory meanings though.

"The need for mystry is greater than the need for an answer"
Ken Kesey

Bella

Quote from: MaxwellsDemonYup, still positive feedbacks still positive even if its from morons...
As it happens Ive started padlling in the pool of ROTAs recently, its strange Ive always been pretty, well, not doubtful, but more unsure of Tarot. But Ive been using them for a few months now, and the results are really quite amazing, the practice seems to enhance all sorts of things you wouldnt expect.... still dont know all the divinatory meanings though.
That's cool that you're paddling about. The divinatory meanings are the least of it anyway, Maxwell. It's a great meditation tool, among many other things - and what I like about the tarot is you're never done studying it. There's always something new to learn. Another new insight into the human psyche.

PS: When I started, I wrote the a couple of keywords on each card. It's the easiest way to learn the meanings.
just like in a dream

MaxwellsDemon

Im paddling with the Thoth deck, and each card has a one word definition... i.e. the eight of cups = indolence.
One question though. In readings for other people how do you judge time?

Ken Kesey

Bella

Time is a tough one.

Here's the system I use:
Wands=days
Cups=weeks
Swords=months
Pentacles=years

I simply look at the numerical value of the first upright minor arcana card.
Ace of cups, for instance, would equal 1 week. So I would tell the client that they can expect whatever it is to happen within 1 weeks time.

Have you seen the "Tarot Workbook"? It was designed for use with the Thoth deck and I use it constantly even though I read with a different deck.
just like in a dream

MaxwellsDemon

Ah I see, many thanks Bella... makes sense, as usual.
I havent seen the book, whos it by?

Ken Kesey

Bella

Welcome, Maxwell.

I misspoke the name of the book, though. It's "The Tarot Handbook" by
Angeles Arrien. It presents the tarot as a tool for mapping the unconscious mind and also ties it into the system of numerology. Offers tons of valuable information.
just like in a dream

MaxwellsDemon

Sound good, when money permits the purchase will be made.
Thats my main point of interest, the Tarot apart fom the obvious archytype understanding can (I think) be used as a path working tool, sort of invocation of different elements of the self... its the best mirror Ive found so far.
Once again thanks for the input.

Ken Kesey

Bella

Anytime.

What you just described is the best possible use one can make of tarot cards. The divinatory aspect, while the most popular with the masses, is the lesser aspect by far.
just like in a dream