News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Back under the weights yesterday.  I am finding that I can push a ridiculous amount of weight with my arms, while my legs (which are far more muscled) are essentially useless and weak.  This is kind of weird.

It also means every Friday is lower body day.   :horrormirth:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 05:02:34 PM
Back under the weights yesterday.  I am finding that I can push a ridiculous amount of weight with my arms, while my legs (which are far more muscled) are essentially useless and weak.  This is kind of weird.

I have no bicep/tricep strength.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on September 02, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

Well, that just means you have to bite the bullet and work those muscles, same as I have to work my abs and my upper legs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Legs are weird that way. Even though they support your body, and are more muscular, they aren't necessarily "strong." I've always found that I can tone my arms usually faster than my legs. But like all things, they take time. My abs won't tone for shit. No matter what I do, I can't lose the couple more inches I want. The flubber remains. I can blame this on being a woman, or being hypothyroid, or always stressed, or just generally liking food too much, but the bottom line is that muscles are assholes, and they all want to be special snowflakes and demand different training from person to person.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on September 02, 2014, 07:57:54 PM
Legs are weird that way. Even though they support your body, and are more muscular, they aren't necessarily "strong." I've always found that I can tone my arms usually faster than my legs. But like all things, they take time. My abs won't tone for shit. No matter what I do, I can't lose the couple more inches I want. The flubber remains. I can blame this on being a woman, or being hypothyroid, or always stressed, or just generally liking food too much, but the bottom line is that muscles are assholes, and they all want to be special snowflakes and demand different training from person to person.

Ab workouts - serious ones - are incredibly difficult.  The question is whether or not they're worth it.  2 inches won't kill you.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 07:58:55 PM

Ab workouts - serious ones - are incredibly difficult.  The question is whether or not they're worth it.  2 inches won't kill you.

I know. I'm just being vain, as ladies are wanton to do. As far as I know, it could very well be my thyroid and once the meds kick in, I'll start seeing results finally. I'm at least glad that Bearman and I can relate to that. I think that the overall most important part of a workout is just feeling better. It's helped my depression and anxiety immensely.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 05:52:42 PM

Well, that just means you have to bite the bullet and work those muscles, same as I have to work my abs and my upper legs.

I find curling so boring, and not all attracted to the idea of having guns. Been mostly doing cardio and doing lower back machine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on September 02, 2014, 08:05:53 PM

I find curling so boring, and not all attracted to the idea of having guns. Been mostly doing cardio and doing lower back machine.

I don't find it boring, because my trainer is a horrible sadistic brute. 

"Are you bored?  MORE WEIGHT!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on September 02, 2014, 08:04:31 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 07:58:55 PM

I know. I'm just being vain, as ladies are wanton to do. As far as I know, it could very well be my thyroid and once the meds kick in, I'll start seeing results finally. I'm at least glad that Bearman and I can relate to that. I think that the overall most important part of a workout is just feeling better. It's helped my depression and anxiety immensely.

Guys are WAY more vain.   :lulz:

And yeah, it does make me feel better about just about everything.  M-W-F, it's hard to piss me off.  T-Th, business as usual.

Ben Shapiro

They demand no slacking off, boring rigid,scheduled regime. Take lots of pics both nude and non-nude so you can look at them when you finally cave in, and say fuck it I'm done. It's like a personal nostalgia gift to yourself.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 08:07:06 PM

I want to take up boxing once I drop to 300lbs. I demands lots of stamina, and I'm into the runner's high now.

Suu

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on September 02, 2014, 08:13:38 PM

I want to take up boxing once I drop to 300lbs. I demands lots of stamina, and I'm into the runner's high now.

Ever think of swimming laps?

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Suu on September 02, 2014, 08:36:57 PM

I only know how to swim on my back like an otter.

Suu

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on September 02, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: The Suu on September 02, 2014, 08:36:57 PM

I only know how to swim on my back like an otter.

Fair enough. If you ever want to take the time to learn proper strokes (heheheheheh) it's a full body full stamina workout. I keep meaning to go signup at the local Y pool. With me blowing out my ankle last month I won't be seeing myself running safely for a while.

Ben Shapiro