News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

All I Have to Say

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 02, 2014, 05:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Inside every person is a better person looking for an opportunity to express him/herself.  Grab a shovel and deal with that bastard, because he's nothing but trouble, and will only bring you to grief.  Because, despite what people may tell you in this enlightened year of 2014, better people are not exactly a hot commidity...As evidenced by the fact that television "comedies" still rely on humiliation of characters for their laughtrack cue.

Or by the fact that ~ 51% of America sees the population of Ferguson as the problem.  Or that even the "good guys" mostly consist of hateful fucks on tumblr; at least the vocal ones.  And the non-vocal ones are worse than the bad guys, because they give them a convenient mask with which to conceal their bad deeds.

Every time you stay silent about evil, you are voting for it.  Every time you walk past it with your eyes averted, you are giving it permission.  In short, by condoning it, you are taking part in it.  An evil person is, after all, a person that does or permits evil things.

But on the other hand, as I have been reminded of many times in the last few weeks or so, evil people are what people want.  If this sounds bitter, maybe it is.  But Bush/Cheney were elected twice, the second time after most of their evil was out in the open, for everyone to look at.  Reagan, as well...And Obama hasn't exactly been a choirboy.  In terms of entertainment, Jack Bauer.  Nuff said.

I was not a very good human 12 years ago, but I was an effective one.  And though I am told I have been a better person over the last few years, what has it accomplished?  I have stopped no great wrongs, and damn few little wrongs.  A moral stand cost me the friendship of this entire community (and a torrent of abuse)...Which then proceeded to find a roundabout way to make the original problem go away anyway, indicating that it wasn't the action I took, but the fact that *I* took it.  Once I was safely out of the way, essentially the same action was taken on what was largely a ginned-up pretext.

The implications are pretty clear, here.  My efforts to become a more fully-functional human being have led to no good whatsoever, and a whole lot of bad.  As such, I have spent the past few weeks figuring out what needed to go and what needed to stay.  Purging personality flaws isn't easy, and I have no idea how successful I've been.  And I am unlikely to find out here, being more or less constantly talked around, so I guess I'll just figure things out IRL.

There is little to no use in associating with people who do not consider you their peer.  There is NO use in associating with people who actively despise you, or even those who just don't like you much.

So this isn't a return, and I am not ready to rumble.  It is an explanation of why I am not here often, and will be here less if at all, to those one or two people who still give me the time of day.

Thank you for your time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

I hope to still see you around, of course, and I hope you'll find PD a good spot for you again in a while.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 02, 2014, 07:28:29 PM
I hope to still see you around, of course, and I hope you'll find PD a good spot for you again in a while.

Probably.  I'm feeling right now the way I felt in 2005, and I came back from that.

I just have some things to work out in my head, and the last thing I - or anyone else - needs is for me to be posting regularly when I'm this bitter.  It didn't work well last time, there's no reason to think it would work out better this time.

But thanks.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ben Shapiro

I'll see you on facebook, and Houston then. You can always text me when your blue. I usually don't message people because I don't know their schedules, and are most likely doing important things. Good to see you're letting things out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on September 02, 2014, 07:56:41 PM
I'll see you on facebook, and Houston then. You can always text me when your blue. I usually don't message people because I don't know their schedules, and are most likely doing important things. Good to see you're letting things out.

PM me your current phone number, please.  I apparently still have the old one loaded.

EK WAFFLR

You know where to find me if you need to/ want to chat.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

hooplala

Your moral stand certainly did not cost you my friendship. 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer my phone on Friday night... Friday nights are not the best time to attempt to get in touch with me.  Mostly any other time works though.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 02, 2014, 08:36:40 PM

I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer my phone on Friday night... Friday nights are not the best time to attempt to get in touch with me.  Mostly any other time works though.

S'ok.  I was just gonna tell you a joke about Hamilton, which I now can't remember.

And thanks.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on September 02, 2014, 08:21:31 PM
You know where to find me if you need to/ want to chat.

I need to get you in a Google Hangout and see if your spoken English is as excellent as your written English.   

Ben Shapiro

I usually go to sleep around 4-5 am, and wake up at 11 am. My thyroid pill keeps me up that long, and I'm usually all in into designing my card game, and store. So call me whenever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on September 02, 2014, 08:38:58 PM
I usually go to sleep around 4-5 am, and wake up at 11 am. My thyroid pill keeps me up that long, and I'm usually all in into designing my card game, and store. So call me whenever.

Sure.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 08:37:42 PM

S'ok.  I was just gonna tell you a joke about Hamilton, which I now can't remember.

And thanks.

The joke is Hamilton.

There are only really two places, Roger, as you well know.  Tucson, and Hamilton.  I'm not sure which is worse.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 02, 2014, 08:40:20 PM

And thanks.

The joke is Hamilton.

There are only really two places, Roger, as you well know.  Tucson, and Hamilton.  I'm not sure which is worse.

Hamilton is worse.  It is Tucson without the romance.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

And thanks.

The joke is Hamilton.

That's what my gut is telling me, though I came up with "humor" rather than romance.  Probably because I've never been to Tuscon... all we have around here is hundreds of miles of Hamilton.  It makes me thirsty.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 02, 2014, 08:42:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 02, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

And thanks.

The joke is Hamilton.

That's what my gut is telling me, though I came up with "humor" rather than romance.  Probably because I've never been to Tuscon... all we have around here is hundreds of miles of Hamilton.  It makes me thirsty.

Tucson at least has that "edge of the universe wastelands" feel to it, and a history that would make any modern gangbanger feel inadequate.  Hamilton has no such excuse.  It is, I think, the sinkhole for Canada, so that the rest of the country can be all pretty.