News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 18, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 05:16:09 PM
NOT REALLY.

Congratulations on making it to your 40s! That's quite an accomplishment for many of us, given unwise living in our younger years.

Still trying to decide if it was a good idea.

Other than the way everything eventually starts to hurt, it seems pretty much OK from where I'm at.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 07:32:08 AM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on April 18, 2015, 07:22:00 AM
Mine too, Nigel,  mine too.  :sadbanana:

They live pretty affluent lives for being so damn poor.

Seriously. I just had this awful conversation with it about why it's not OK to make fun of people for things they have no control over, like being straight and cis, and it was like "No,  it's OK to make fun of people as long as they aren't oppressed for things I think I'm oppressed for" and I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH what have I even tried to instill in you, you total entitled asshole.

Aw Nigel :)

I read somewhere once that people don't really begin to start seeing the world through others' eyes until around 30 years old. Until then, it's full on selfishness.  Of course that's a gross over generalization and full of ymmv but I suspect it's not terribly off course.k

Bruno

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 05:56:15 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on April 18, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 05:16:09 PM
NOT REALLY.

Congratulations on making it to your 40s! That's quite an accomplishment for many of us, given unwise living in our younger years.

Still trying to decide if it was a good idea.

Other than the way everything eventually starts to hurt, it seems pretty much OK from where I'm at.

Yeah, that's one of my issues. I can't stand in one place for more than an hour, or be on my feet for an entire shift, so that's making it harder for me to get any use out of my "Engineering Technology" degree.

Which reminds me...

HAY METAL BEAR!
Weren't you doing some kind of CAD thing or something? How is that working out?
Formerly something else...

LMNO

minuspace

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 18, 2015, 05:02:09 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 04:35:20 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on April 18, 2015, 02:51:29 PM
If I had known what an Emo was (if there was such a thing) when I was a teenager, I probably would have considered myself one. I might even still qualify today at the age of 43.

AMUSING ANECDOTE: I recently discovered that my proto-combover hairdo, if combed down and to the right rather than back and to the left, as I usually wear it, is, in fact, Emo hair.

I think it must be destiny or something.

It's never too late!

Hey, we're the same age. When's your birthday?

I turn 43 in July.

Let's see...  I think I remember where I was when you were conceived, October '71, Cairo, vacationing with family.  How wonderful it is to have been so young :)

President Television

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 04:34:23 PM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on April 18, 2015, 09:01:25 AM
I apologize for my generation, Nigel.

Thank you. That makes me feel a little bit better, because it gives me hope that some of them will actually pull their heads out of their asses.

:sad: You're killing me here.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 18, 2015, 07:00:20 PM
I need to work this into my "Secret History of Boston" story: http://io9.com/the-terrifying-true-story-of-americas-youngest-serial-k-1698306734/+morninggloria

Worth noting: 90 years precisely after his killing spree, Boston's most infamous serial killer started his work.

Also, a very large number of professionals in law enforcement and criminal profiling doubt that DeSalvo was guilty of all 13 murders, though DNA evidence does link him to at least one victim.

Cain

Thank you. That makes me feel a little bit better, because it gives me hope that some of them will actually pull their heads out of their asses.

Having my head up my arse is a perfect valid life choice.  OMG stop with the oppression.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 19, 2015, 03:54:59 AM

Having my head up my arse is a perfect valid life choice.  OMG stop with the oppression.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 19, 2015, 03:52:32 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 18, 2015, 07:00:20 PM
I need to work this into my "Secret History of Boston" story: http://io9.com/the-terrifying-true-story-of-americas-youngest-serial-k-1698306734/+morninggloria

Worth noting: 90 years precisely after his killing spree, Boston's most infamous serial killer started his work.

Also, a very large number of professionals in law enforcement and criminal profiling doubt that DeSalvo was guilty of all 13 murders, though DNA evidence does link him to at least one victim.

If I can link this back to JP, I will honestly start freaking myself out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My child just said the words "They're one of those One Direction shippers, and it's very uncomfortable".

Yes.

I agree with this assessment.

LMNO

So, you're one for one right now. So far, so good.

Doktor Howl

Well, that was exciting.

If that was my last task for the Science Gestapo, then I went out on a high note.  By which I mean "rolling in filth, indulging my inner asshole, and doin' SCIENCE like Goddamn Werner Von Braun.

I will tell all, it's too ticklish NOT to tell.

But first I'm gonna take a shower in kerosene and sleep for like 36 fucking hours.

Good night.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'm looking forward to reading about it, Dok.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 19, 2015, 06:35:20 AM
Well, that was exciting.

If that was my last task for the Science Gestapo, then I went out on a high note.  By which I mean "rolling in filth, indulging my inner asshole, and doin' SCIENCE like Goddamn Werner Von Braun.

I will tell all, it's too ticklish NOT to tell.

But first I'm gonna take a shower in kerosene and sleep for like 36 fucking hours.

Good night.

This is gonna be GOOD.