News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Coyote's Conundrum

Started by Don Coyote, January 10, 2012, 10:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

First day of ROTC class. I can tell it is going to be 3 months of classes on topics I already know. :lulz: On the plus side I don't have to do all the shit the rest of the cadets do because I'm not contracted as a cadet, but I can choose to. Granted I should participate as much as I can in the chance I do go "hey I'll do all this crap and get that shiny gold bar"

Triple Zero

Rangers of the coast?

Roofies on the cheap?

Reverse operated tank calamities?

Riding on three cows?

Roughly overestimated trunk capacity?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Rectal Orange Turbulence Control?

Ruptured Ovaries Treatment Centre?

Revolutionary odours through chilli?

Really Obscure Tomahawk Class?

Rotations or tiny circles?

Rules of Tournament Chess?

Radical Oral Tooth Care?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Reserve officers training corp
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 12:30:44 PM
Reserve officers training corp

No, that's not right.

Rooting Out The Cunts.

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

Ritalin Often Tweaks Coyote
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

LMNO

BadBeast

Revised Orders Too Confusing

The Good Reverend Roger

Roger Offers Tequilla Courteously.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Shit like this is why I can't ever leave PD.

Don Coyote

So, not going to do this. I'm feeling down about that too. Like I am doing the wrong thing in deciding to not do all this. Even though the Army never fit. I've never really felt a part of anything while in. I wasted 4 years of my life. I don't have most of those bullshit things everyone expects a veteran to posses.  And the main reason I was going to do this is because that was 4 years learnign how the Army functioned, might as well put that to use despite the fact that I HATE all of that bullshit.

And i don't mean the bullshit formations, the drill and ceremony and the uniforms, even though I hate the uniforms. I mean the pointless office bitch shit. The stupid meetings. The fucking cubicles. The fucking supply cages. The fucking connexs and warehouses filled with all manner of fucking shit that NO ONE WILL EVER FUCKING USE!!

But the Army is safe. It will gladly wrap its arms around you, clothe you house and feed you. You even get paid. All you have to do is put up with the fucking jingoistic retards that join. Oh and you might be shot at or blown up.

I never even did a good job. Sure I got all kinds of glowing praise, and awards and shit, but I fucking coasted, except on some things, but the things I worried about no one fuckign cared about. Or they weren't my problem to begin with.

Maybe I am just wired wrong. How else could someone manage to stay in for 4 years, have great things said and thought about him, but never feel a part of the unit? Or maybe there is just something fucking wrong with everyone else.

I'm just fucking rambling and I can't build up a good rant hate. I feel disappointed in myself. No matter which way I go I will feel like I made the wrong choice.
If I don't pursue this I will always regret it. Which is how I ended up enlisted. I didn't want to regret not joining the Army and then regretted joining the Army. But I feel obligated to do this, because I know I am capable of this shit, but fuck obligations.

And fuck the Army.

BadBeast

Don't sweat it too much Mate, it's one thing to sign up and serve when it's just your skin that's on the line, but quite another to be in a position where you are ordering other men to engage the enemy. That's a whole different job. And you haven't wasted four years. (Unless you meant that Wiccan thing) You've found out that you're not suited to that "Chain of Command" do as you're told routine. Some people never learn that. And it's not like you're thick as pigshit or anything. I'm sure there's a little part of The American Dream out there somewhere with "Coyote" written on it. Just maybe not in the Military.