Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: bones on November 12, 2008, 02:40:07 AM
Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2008, 02:01:44 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on November 12, 2008, 12:28:33 AM
Quote from: bones on November 11, 2008, 11:18:16 PM
CALL THE MYTHBUSTERS!
I snopsed the Mysthbusters, and it turns out they're false.

Mythbusters apparently half-asses a lot of shit. I don't trust them anymore.

APPARENTLY??   :lulz:

I don't think I've ever seen them 'prove' or 'disprove' anything satisfactorily.
Not that I've watched a great deal - mainly for that exact reason.

Although:

I was going to post a long rant defending Adam and Jamie, but I think that about covers it.  There is only so much you can do within the television medium. You can either have it be scientifically rigorous, or you can make it entertaining.  Guess which one brings in more ratings?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

bones

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 12, 2008, 02:50:32 AM
I was going to post a long rant defending Adam and Jamie, but I think that about covers it.  There is only so much you can do within the television medium. You can either have it be scientifically rigorous, or you can make it entertaining.  Guess which one brings in more ratings?

understood and fully respected.. but those ratings aren't me
filmmusic

Revenant

So first off, yes, I do believe in a soul.  Now for the brain hurty part of the post.

Most religions and beliefs share that a human/talking monkey holds some sort of cosmic energy that exist through out the universe and have called it a soul.  Here is we know from various speculations out there.  Mass and Energy are one and the same only in different states.  The body requires energy to function.  When a body dies that energy is gone.  As that energy has mass, it can be concluded that when a body dies its mass decreases due to the energy becoming non-existent.  Where that energy goes? Who knows, but we know it must go somewhere as if it didn't the body would just keep moving about on its own.  Maybe that is how zombies come into existence, dead bodies that fail to discharge properly.

Or I could be lying.

Kai

Quote from: False Profit on November 12, 2008, 02:56:11 AM
So first off, yes, I do believe in a soul.  Now for the brain hurty part of the post.

Most religions and beliefs share that a human/talking monkey holds some sort of cosmic energy that exist through out the universe and have called it a soul.  Here is we know from various speculations out there.  Mass and Energy are one and the same only in different states.  The body requires energy to function.  When a body dies that energy is gone.  As that energy has mass, it can be concluded that when a body dies its mass decreases due to the energy becoming non-existent.  Where that energy goes? Who knows, but we know it must go somewhere as if it didn't the body would just keep moving about on its own.  Maybe that is how zombies come into existence, dead bodies that fail to discharge properly.

Or I could be lying.

No.

That violates the First Law of Thermodynamics. The energy which "disapears" at death is lost in the form of heat, or is stored as chemical energy Until that is converted into heat by the processes of another organism or process.

Also, zombies? O.o
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

bones

filmmusic

Revenant

Quote from: Kai on November 12, 2008, 03:00:26 AM

No.

That violates the First Law of Thermodynamics. The energy which "disapears" at death is lost in the form of heat, or is stored as chemical energy Until that is converted into heat by the processes of another organism or process.

Also, zombies? O.o

First, I put no faith an any scientific laws as we monkeys tend to say it HAS to be this way and can't possibly be anything else.  Our arrogance is amazing.  Next, as in disappears I am meaning it is no longer in the body.  Whether it becomes heat, dissipates into the cosmic collective or fuels McDonald's grills makes no difference. The human body is no longer moving meaning no more energy.  

Maybe not zombies, but something that could have contributed to the legends.  Think about it, a dead body that failed to discharge properly would most likely wonder about attempting to enact vague memories of a dead brain.  It's a theory.

Kai

Quote from: bones on November 12, 2008, 03:08:53 AM
does it weigh 21 grams?

If you are implying 21 grams of solid were turned directly into heat...I don't even know what to make of that. The energy release would be massive.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: False Profit on November 12, 2008, 03:11:15 AM

No.

Also, zombies? O.o

First, I put no faith an any scientific laws as we monkeys tend to say it HAS to be this way and can't possibly be anything else.  Our arrogance is amazing.

Gravity.

Now stop being silly.

Nast

No.

Also, zombies? O.o

First, I put no faith an any scientific laws as we monkeys tend to say it HAS to be this way and can't possibly be anything else.  Our arrogance is amazing.  Next, as in disappears I am meaning it is no longer in the body.  Whether it becomes heat, dissipates into the cosmic collective or fuels McDonald's grills makes no difference. The human body is no longer moving meaning no more energy.  

Maybe not zombies, but something that could have contributed to the legends.  Think about it, a dead body that failed to discharge properly would most likely wonder about attempting to enact vague memories of a dead brain.  It's a theory.

:facepalm:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Dark Monk

Any excuse to post a zombie pic.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Kai

No.

Also, zombies? O.o

First, I put no faith an any scientific laws as we monkeys tend to say it HAS to be this way and can't possibly be anything else.  Our arrogance is amazing.  Next, as in disappears I am meaning it is no longer in the body.  Whether it becomes heat, dissipates into the cosmic collective or fuels McDonald's grills makes no difference. The human body is no longer moving meaning no more energy. 

Maybe not zombies, but something that could have contributed to the legends.  Think about it, a dead body that failed to discharge properly would most likely wonder about attempting to enact vague memories of a dead brain.  It's a theory.

A) Point me to a peer reviewed journal article devoted to an experiment where the laws of thermodynamics are violated of sound design.

B) Heat is heat. It is comprised of photons at infrared wavelengths. It doesn't disappear, it bounces around until hits another atom and looses all its energy or flies off into outer space.

C) There is always energy, unless you are at absolute zero. This is known as the Third Law of Thermodynamics.

D) Neurology does not operate like a computer, and a dead brain is set back in motion no better than a dead body is. When the cells are dead, they're dead, thats it.

Revenant

Quote from: Cainad on November 12, 2008, 03:13:00 AM

No.

Also, zombies? O.o

First, I put no faith an any scientific laws as we monkeys tend to say it HAS to be this way and can't possibly be anything else.  Our arrogance is amazing.

Gravity.

Now stop being silly.

I am being serious.  I don't know how many times in the various classes I have taken that I was told one thing and two years later it is being contradicted.  I don't believe in absolutes outside of change.  It is part of my upbringing to question everything.

Nast

Well then, do you question the validity of your argument?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Kai

Quote from: False Profit on November 12, 2008, 03:19:03 AM
Quote from: Cainad on November 12, 2008, 03:13:00 AM

No.

Also, zombies? O.o

First, I put no faith an any scientific laws as we monkeys tend to say it HAS to be this way and can't possibly be anything else.  Our arrogance is amazing.

Gravity.

Now stop being silly.

I am being serious.  I don't know how many times in the various classes I have taken that I was told one thing and two years later it is being contradicted.  I don't believe in absolutes outside of change.  It is part of my upbringing to question everything.

PLEASE TO SHOW EVIDENCE OF VIOLATION OF BASIC PHYSICAL LAWS.