News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Tonights menu

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Niamh on December 23, 2010, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 23, 2010, 07:45:56 PM
That sounds really good.  I'm gonna steal it.

Go right ahead.  Let me know if you like it!

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 23, 2010, 07:49:05 PM
Hominy triggers my gag reflex. No idea why.

I think a lot of people feel this way.  Or else the squeekiness when you chew it works a nerve, either way, I know most people do not like hominy.

Texture, I think. Love grits though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds fantastic, Niamh! Also adaptable for use with other meats.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

I've made a hominy casserole before sans chicken, but with a layer or two of soft corn tortillas.  This one sounds way better.

Tonight I'll be having the pasta dish I made a few days ago.  Simple.  I don't know what it's called when you slice onions thin and leave them covered in a skillet for like an hour, but it's that, with chopped spinach, black pepper, sage, parmesan, and almost a stick of melted butter tossed with linguine.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Whatever

Quote from: Nigel on December 23, 2010, 09:59:16 PM
That sounds fantastic, Niamh! Also adaptable for use with other meats.

Very true, I have done with pork and various sausage types.  Chorizo is my personal favorite.  

I once had a recipe similar to mine that used pork and instead of tomatos they used a grapefruit and orange combination.  It was spectacular.  I have never been able to recreate that recipe.  :cry:

Kai

Quote from: Niamh on December 23, 2010, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 23, 2010, 07:45:56 PM
That sounds really good.  I'm gonna steal it.

Go right ahead.  Let me know if you like it!

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 23, 2010, 07:49:05 PM
Hominy triggers my gag reflex. No idea why.

I think a lot of people feel this way.  Or else the squeekiness when you chew it works a nerve, either way, I know most people do not like hominy.

I don't know who it was that decided, hey, lets soak corn in lye and eat it!

I am yet to eat a hominy dish that was amazing. Not saying it's bad, just that I haven't understood the appeal yet.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love hominy! Have you ever had posole?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Probably some fancy cheese my mom bought yesterday and french bread.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Eater of Clowns

Split pea soup cooked with chicken carcass, a slice of giant potato pancake, and a slice of onion pan bread.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jenne

I have no idea...maybe stirfry...we have some tofu and leftover chicken that need to be dealt with.

The Good Reverend Roger

Orphan children.

And the ashes of my youthful idealism.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Adios

I have some roast in the freezer. After trying to cook a portion last night I am considering making tires out of the rest of it.

Suu

Leftover chili.

If I'm lucky, GS will come over and bring something else. Not that the chili wasn't amazing, though.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Peanut butter, bread and butter pickles, bacon, honey and banana sandwiches.

Jenne

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 07, 2011, 09:14:40 PM
Peanut butter, bread and butter pickles, bacon, honey and banana sandwiches.

I gotta try this.  I put some homemade (not mine) zucchini and sweet pickle relish on a peanut butter sandwhich and was totally underwhelmed.  NOT enough FLAVOR.  So now I need a Mach II attempt.  Bacon and honey might just do it.  Banana must be to mellow it out or something.

TODAY I crockpotted (ha! is that a VERB??) some chicken and put green pepper and onion slices on top, added half a can of shitty beer (waste not, want not, yo), then poured some thai bbq sauce over that.  We'll see what happens.