News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Religious Knowledge Survey

Started by Cramulus, October 20, 2010, 04:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Requia ☣ on November 02, 2010, 12:47:04 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 21, 2010, 03:12:10 AM
I really surprised that only 11% of people got the last question right. I had to read Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God in high school English class (public school, btw). That guy was fucking intense!

I have no idea who this guy is, or what that book is.  He apparently has negative recognition though, since you'd expect one person in three to get it right by guessing.
People probably confused him with former senator John Edwards or John Edward, the Biggest Douche in the Universe. It's a shame too since Jonathan Edwards played a big role in pre-Revolutionary War America. He was the biggest Puritan leader and helped start the First Great Awakening. Also, huge raging Calvinist dick.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

BadBeast

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 02, 2010, 07:40:54 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on November 02, 2010, 12:47:04 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 21, 2010, 03:12:10 AM
I really surprised that only 11% of people got the last question right. I had to read Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God in high school English class (public school, btw). That guy was fucking intense!

I have no idea who this guy is, or what that book is.  He apparently has negative recognition though, since you'd expect one person in three to get it right by guessing.
People probably confused him with former senator John Edwards or John Edward, the Biggest Douche in the Universe. It's a shame too since Jonathan Edwards played a big role in pre-Revolutionary War America. He was the biggest Puritan leader and helped start the First Great Awakening. Also, huge raging Calvinist dick.
A proper Frothy one then?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

Probably just as well he shipped out to America then, or he may have ended up on a Bonfire!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Stelpa

12 out of 15... Durn, I thought I would do better :\

Lies

12/15, the ones I didn't score well on were knowing the jewish sabbath (I thought it was muslims who had theirs on fridays, I answered saturday) and the one with martin luther king and that johnathan edwards guy, which I mostly missed because my understanding of those american things are quite limited, so I'm pretty happy with my score.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 01, 2010, 11:58:43 AM
I got 13 BUT the irony is I only got the Communion question right because I read about people getting it wrong in the test, in an article.

I can understand how even the Catholics were confused by that question.  Having gone to CCD (Catholic Sunday School) and three different Catholic private schools, the best understanding of the doctrine I have is the bread and wine literally turn into the body and blood of Christ, not symbolically, but that the "body and blood of Christ" is itself symbolic for the Church as a community.  Nobody teaches that the bread turns into meat or the wine into serum/platelets/blood cells.  I think it's one of the cases where the Vatican can't take back the idea of literal transubstantiation, so they redefined the word "literal" instead.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Lysergic on November 03, 2010, 02:01:12 AM
12/15, the ones I didn't score well on were knowing the jewish sabbath (I thought it was muslims who had theirs on fridays, I answered saturday) and the one with martin luther king and that johnathan edwards guy, which I mostly missed because my understanding of those american things are quite limited, so I'm pretty happy with my score.

Me too!

Were you too deceived by The Big Lebowski?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

The Sabbath one is a trick question. The Jewish day begins at Sunset, so technically its their Saturday while its still our Friday Night.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 03, 2010, 02:23:36 PM

The Sabbath one is a trick question. The Jewish day begins at Sunset, so technically its their Saturday while its still our Friday Night.

The Sabbath starts on Saturday, but Saturday starts on Friday.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Telarus

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 03, 2010, 02:56:14 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on November 03, 2010, 02:23:36 PM

The Sabbath starts on Saturday, but Saturday starts on Friday.

Yes, exactly. Which is why the whole Hot Dog on a Friday thing is in the PD. Incidentally, I got through about half of that quiz from remembering where in the PD it got made fun of, then free-associating to the answer.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Brotep

100%.

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God is pretty vivid. As for the god portrayed therein, kind of a dick.