News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Really real discordians

Started by Dalek, November 21, 2010, 08:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I don't think I've ever been attacked either.  Certainly I've had some rather boisterous arguments with members, but nothing so intense that I wanted to leave.  And those were more topical discussions and not about being "really real".   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I don't think we've had a debate about Discordian Catma since DK's "Cartesian Duality" troll... and that was more BIP than PD.

Herbertina Merrique V

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 03:48:55 PM
Quote from: Herbertina Merrique V on November 22, 2010, 10:32:09 AM

Do I get to call you racist now? Even if you didn't mean it in that way?

Finns are a race?  Who knew?

Ah, sorry. Xenophobic would be the word I meant, or even more specifically maybe just "prejudiced against a certain nationality", or something along those lines. Doesn't change much of the point there, but well yeah.

- Hamartia Methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosy,
understands very well why people are tired of the topic
(the reasons why they then keep discussing it, not so well)
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Herbertina Merrique V on November 22, 2010, 05:03:17 PM

Ah, sorry. Xenophobic would be the word I meant, or even more specifically maybe just "prejudiced against a certain nationality", or something along those lines. Doesn't change much of the point there, but well yeah.

I'm not xenophobic.  I just hate foreigners.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on November 22, 2010, 08:15:56 AM
Yeah it seems that the High Level HAZMAT Grade Ripping Into happens between people with high post counts who've been here a while.

Maybe the people complaining about this WANT to be told nasty things by people they get along with and respect.

Also, personally, I enjoy it when you tell me I'm fucking stupid, Nigel. I don't get enough of that IRL because I'm surrounded by morons.

Aww, thanks! :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Herbertina Merrique V

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 05:05:20 PM
Quote from: Herbertina Merrique V on November 22, 2010, 05:03:17 PM

I'm not xenophobic.  I just hate foreigners.

I don't think your hate was unclear for anyone here.  :lulz:
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 22, 2010, 02:28:40 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 22, 2010, 05:54:37 AM
How many more times do we have to have this fucking conversation? :boring:

23!

To the OP, I'm not sure that we are really here to tell people how to think or what they should believe in.  The idea has always been TFY,S.  It's that you should think for yourself, not that we are going to tell you, prescriptively, what to think when you reach that point.  Now, certainly, if someone puts up an idea or belief that seems a little batty to some of the posters, it will be challenged.  There is no judge or jury here that ultimately decides who is right or wrong.  Even if you do have 5 or 6 old timers shouting against a couple newer folks, ultimately, there is no decision about who is right or wrong. 

The conclusion of the argument is simply where people stop shouting. 

Ha!  See what I did there? 

Dalekk is, apparently, here to tell people how to think or what they should believe in. Or, at least, who they should or should not listen to.  :lulz:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Well, everyone should listen to me always because I'm write about everything. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Payne

Thoughts on reading this thread:

"Shit. Roger's back now, and I totally forgot about the Mind Control Laz0rs. Or was I made to forget?"

"I wonder if you score double points for hating on Gay Finns? Is that even in the rulebook?"

"God damnit, there's always one. Then at least another one following up behnd with this horeshit."

"Damn, I wonder if Rogers has a mind control cock as well? Would that even work on Finns?"

"Well, this thread is another waste of time. Maybe it's just as well I never get to spend that much time reading PD anymore if this is the quality of the faire on offer."

"Wow, mind control cocks. If they exist, I'm thinking that LMNO has it, and he's TOTALLY use it on the "Inner Circle"..."

Jenne

I don't want to diminish what has been said here with a "I am posting in this thread" type of comment, because really, it probably DOES need airing out every once in a while, like a dusty-yet-well-used rag rug on the floor.  This notion that PD.com is bigger than its britches seems to come around often enough, and airing grievances being what they are, I tend to take the tack of "eh, why the hell not?" for the exercise and rarely get involved.  Unless I feel there's a point I wanted to underscore and it hasn't been said yet.  *searching brain*  No, there isn't one of those as of yet.

Heh, yeah, I'm not even sure what I'm saying other than, "I am posting in this thread."  Guess I should've stuck to that after all.  :lulz:

Cramulus

"REAL" DISCORDIANS?
            \

YOU TELLIN' ME THAT INFLATABLE BITCH ISN'T REAL??
            \

I'M HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS HERE
            \

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, the outrage I get here for being an utter bastard is nothing compared to that which I receive IRL (from a certain traumatized neighor, for example), so it's no big deal.  

It's just funny, is all.  My guess is that Dalekk's friend that signed up took us a little too seriously, got pissed, and left.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Sorry, should've thought twice before using that. :weary: But is "oldfag" even a pejorative? I don't think it really applies any negative effects to the LGBT people, or anyone else for that matter.

It depends on how a person takes it. I for one find it offensive as fuck, so I repeat, fuck off with that shit.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 06:44:59 PM
Well, the outrage I get here for being an utter bastard is nothing compared to that which I receive IRL (from a certain traumatized neighor, for example), so it's no big deal.  

It's just funny, is all.  My guess is that Dalekk's friend that signed up took us a little too seriously, got pissed, and left.

ROGER, You are a terrily bad man. We all know it. That's why we love you.

Also, enquiring minds would like to know more about the Mind Control Cock.

Also also, seeing as I have you here: Are you going to be coming over to this side of the Atlantic in the next while, as was (almost, but not really, kinda) planned?