News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

21C Man, Part I: Godzilla, the United States Government, and YOU.

Started by Doktor Howl, September 29, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

The government has been screaming at me for my whole life, that Crackhead Godzilla is on a bender and is fucking our collective shit royally.  When I was a young man, Godzilla was a communist.  Later, he was a drug-crazed maniac.  Then he was a madman in a turban.  Then, just a little over 10 years ago, the government came out and told us the truth...As Pogo once said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

In short, I am now told that *I* am the enemy.  That if I talk about the consitution, I should be watched closely.  If I oppose the endless wars we get in, I am to be put in a dossier and hassled at every opportunity. It turns out that after all these years, I am Godzilla.  And, dear friends, YOU can be Godzilla, too.  Yes, the government - and the electorate that puts up with them - is really THAT sick.

But if I'm Godzilla and I don't want to go to reptile jail or some camp in Guantanamo Bay (Or the artic, ho ho ho!  You didn't hear that from me.), then I'm going to have to be Godzilla in disguise.  Everything - metaphorically, heh ha heh, of course - falls down, catches fire, and sinks into the swamp, and no giant lizard to be seen.  Call me the fucking enemy, will you?  I'll give you the fucking enemy, you swine.  And I will not rest until I've fucked you with my gigantic dinosaur cock.  In your earhole.

I was content to sit by and stack up my pitiful pile of filthy Lucre.  I was content to run my mouth about you bastards, but leave it at that.  I never even got off my arse about the Camp X-Ray thing or even Aby Graib.  But as the great Saint Vince once said, "If they do it FOR you, they'll do it TO you."  And he was, of course, utterly correct.  Everyone believed him, him being a Holy Man™ and all, but we didn't really believe IT.

So now there's armored vehicles - LOTS of armored vehicles in Tucson.  Who the hell needs armored vehicles here?  It's too hot to riot, and I don't see the ghost of Erwin Rommel leading the DAK out of the Santa Ritas anytime soon.  I see buses without windows, with the name "Wackenhut" on the side in small letters.  Windowless buses, talking people from one prison to another.  What are they guilty of?  Arizona has a fairly low violent crime rate, so how do they have so many people that they have to move 3-4 buses per day?  Oh, yeah.  They're shipping people to the facility South of Tucson, where we store the worst and most violent offenders, for being caught with a pocket full of sunshine.   Bear in mind that they're stacking them 6 to a 2 man cell in that place.  This isn't so much punishment for being caught with some weed or some happy pills as it is a warning to the rest of us.  Stay in line...Or else go to hell before you even die (although that can be arranged, too).

All of this may make me sound like an anarchist.  I am not.  I am in fact a bit of a statist, but a statist who is mad at the state in the same manner a libertarian would be mad at pay cops if they suddenly robbed him.  Is the libertarian going to get another gang of pay cops to arrest the first gang?  Good luck with that, sucker.  Same thing applies here; try to get the government to control itself.  It hasn't really been able to even PRETEND to do so since the Reagan administration.

So how can you beat them?  Well, you can't...The most you can do is make them miserable.  Get a little of your own back.  Find ways to torment your local, state, and federal government.  Not threats, they know how to deal with threats.  Just abuse, weird shit, and more abuse.  Write your congressman and tell him he's shitneck.  Call the city offices and tell the comptroller that he's a swine.  Look for creative ways to turn their paperwork against them.  Prank call the local Wells Fargo bank managers. You are a pack of creative bastards, I imagine you can come up with a trick or two.  The thing is, it's not just congress and the president, you see.  It's the entire system, every squirrely little bastard with an ounce of pretend power.

Be Godzilla.  A compact, quiet version of him.  A velociraptor-sized model.  Eat what you can, burn the rest, and GRIN through your 6 inch fangs.

Okay for now,
Dok

Molon Lube

LMNO

Dok speaks truth.  The Culture of Fear has been bred so swiftly and strongly, but without a real, legitimate, honest target; and so the culture begins to feed on itself, as we are the only things that exist to that Culture.  The rest are fantasies, ghosts, imagination.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 29, 2014, 03:49:52 PM
Dok speaks truth.  The Culture of Fear has been bred so swiftly and strongly, but without a real, legitimate, honest target; and so the culture begins to feed on itself, as we are the only things that exist to that Culture. 

It's like moving house.  It can be overwhelming; where do you START?

Easy.  You pick one spot and you work it.  It might not be the perfect spot, better & more efficient ones may exist, but DOING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN DOING NOTHING PERFECTLY.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 29, 2014, 03:49:52 PMThe rest are fantasies, ghosts, imagination.

Only this, and nothing more.  The people shitting on you are themselves being shat on.  We have trained ourselves to be a self-managing scat machine.  THEY don't have to shit on us, WE do a FINE job of that ourselves.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Culture of Fear combined with the punishment fetish... it might not be fair, exactly, but he knew it was illegal when he did it so he deserves everything he gets, right? He deserves to be punished. And if he deserves to be punished, then logically speaking I don't.

Unless I step out of line. Of course.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 29, 2014, 04:11:48 PM
The Culture of Fear combined with the punishment fetish... it might not be fair, exactly, but he knew it was illegal when he did it so he deserves everything he gets, right? He deserves to be punished. And if he deserves to be punished, then logically speaking I don't.

We were BORN out of line.  We have been criminal since we were conceived.  The difference between you and I and those people on the bus is largely a matter of luck.

And since they're hunting us anyway, why not make their day a little slower?  Why not fuck up their lunch hour?  Why not ruin their weekend?  It ain't much, but it's better than going gracefully.  STOMP, CHEW, GRIN.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 04:17:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 29, 2014, 04:11:48 PM

We were BORN out of line.  We have been criminal since we were conceived.  The difference between you and I and those people on the bus is largely a matter of luck.

And since they're hunting us anyway, why not make their day a little slower?  Why not fuck up their lunch hour?  Why not ruin their weekend?  It ain't much, but it's better than going gracefully.  STOMP, CHEW, GRIN.

That's just it. Everyone is out of line. The punishment fetish is a literal fetish; a superstitious ritual that allows people who engage in it to comfort themselves with the belief that if they champion the punishment of the other guy, then they themselves will be safe from the wrath of the Enforcement gods for another day.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 29, 2014, 04:26:38 PM
That's just it. Everyone is out of line. The punishment fetish is a literal fetish; a superstitious ritual that allows people who engage in it to comfort themselves with the belief that if they champion the punishment of the other guy, then they themselves will be safe from the wrath of the Enforcement gods for another day.

Point.  If the system is evil, then of course everyone will be targeted by it.  But who makes up the system?  The very people you describe.  It's like Mexica warriors ranting about how great it must be for captive warriors to be sacrificed.  Yet most of them had to be dragged to the altar.  It's FINE when it's happening to someone else, even if it means it will one day happen to YOU, because that day isn't today.  As far as you know.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

In any case, if they want a villain, I'm gonna be a villain.

Just not the villain they were expecting.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 04:30:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 29, 2014, 04:26:38 PM

Point.  If the system is evil, then of course everyone will be targeted by it.  But who makes up the system?  The very people you describe.  It's like Mexica warriors ranting about how great it must be for captive warriors to be sacrificed.  Yet most of them had to be dragged to the altar.  It's FINE when it's happening to someone else, even if it means it will one day happen to YOU, because that day isn't today.  As far as you know.

Yeah, we're all participants, one way or another. I might be crazy, but I still believe that I can change things from another angle; not through sabotage, but through SCIENCE.

I'll probably die in ignominy, but hell, I get to touch human brains.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 30, 2014, 06:12:03 AM

DOKTOR'S NOTES:  Doktor Skinsaw is not using an obscure sports analogy here.  No.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 30, 2014, 02:00:52 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 30, 2014, 06:12:03 AM

DOKTOR'S NOTES:  Doktor Skinsaw is not using an obscure sports analogy here.  No.

:lulz: