News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Capeshit

Started by Cramulus, March 12, 2019, 01:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Didn't he draw mega-boobed women before it became an industry standard?

I didn't read much of his stuff, but I do remember that. 

...yes, I was going through puberty at the time.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on April 05, 2019, 07:22:33 PM
Didn't he draw mega-boobed women before it became an industry standard?

I didn't read much of his stuff, but I do remember that. 

...yes, I was going through puberty at the time.

He even drew mega-boobed men.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Those were just pouches.

altered

So the target audience is /marsupial/ juggalos.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

I think that, unlike Liefeld, juggalos know how feet work.

altered

But do marsupial juggalos?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

IntentionallyLeftBlank

Having only read the OP, may I suggest checking out "The Tick" on Amazon? Maybe someone has mentioned it already, or maybe, being almost an outright parody, it doesn't quite fit the bill. In any case, I fucking love The Tick so I figured I'd shill it, seeing how it was somewhat relevant to the topic.
No Signature

Juana

I enjoy superhero media, tbf, but i'm just gonna point out that Umbrella Academy is a deconstruction imo of the child superheroes thing, like the X-men Academy: they're all horribly fucked up and awful as adults. it's certainly got its faults - there are about six interesting characters and everybody else is boring - but i like the angle myself.

also, on the note of captain marvel, i have a lot of feelings about arc re: carol getting away from the supreme intelligence and yon-rogg. the gaslighting and "you need us" are classic abuser tactics and she kicks them to the curb like the trash they are when she comes into her own. it's also fundamentally about intense and important relationships between women (Mar-vel/wendy to carol, carol to maria) and that's important to me, at least. we don't get to see that very much.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."