News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Depression Makes the World Narrow

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, May 07, 2015, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Depression makes the world
narrow
And you don't fit anywhere
And all your ideas end up
crunched
Something's shut down
And you're trying to fit
All these grand concepts
That smart people say
Into this little slice
of brain
That's still okay

narrow
And you try to read words
But your vision's narrowed
down
To the first five words
Or the first two inches
And everything else doesn't
fit

narrow
And you look at the heat map
Where lazy people scan
And that's all you can see
Because that's all the room
you have

narrow
And there's no room for new
ideas
Everything worth keeping
Is all piled up in a little
corner
Crowded and disordered
Protected from the flood
In what little high ground
remains

narrow
And friends seem far away
And there's no room for
new people
Cordiality takes so much
effort
And you'll only mess it up
And drive them away
It's better not to try
And you know that isn't
true
But there just isn't any
room

narrow
And everything is hard
And the work to get
better
seems out of
reach
Because the
world keeps
getting
more
narrow

The Johnny

i havent been so swell lately and i can identify with this, one just starts to feel indifferent and apathetic about everything, like everything is useless, pointless and meaningless because everything is going down the drain either way. One misses friends, but theres no energy to do a happy dance and one doesnt want to infect them with the abyss. Paragraphs after a couple of sentences just become alphabet soup.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Don Coyote

Well this very well sums out how I feel on occasion, both with content and the appearance. I've been rereading it off and on all day trying to come up with more to say beyond that.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Thanks for the feedbacks :)

I've been feeling like a particular asshole lately because I know there's a lot of good stuff being written and I literally cannot read it. The 21st Century Man stuff looks like it would be fantastic, but I keep getting a couple sentences in and, like you said, alphabet soup. Figure the least I can go is describe the broken in a useful way until I can be a person again.