News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Biden thread (for good or for ill)

Started by Doktor Howl, January 22, 2021, 08:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 24, 2021, 06:19:14 PM
So much for an almost-livable wage...

Well, yeah.  Mancin has already promised to vote against the bill if that's included, which makes it 51-49 against and nothing goes through.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

So, no increase in poverty level wages, no unilateral action on student loans, kids still going into cages, slow and shonky foreign policy.... Without some serious ginger up his arse, I can't see much of the damage of the last gimp being fully undone. If anything, I'm strongly suspecting that not pushing this kind of shit through is going to lead to a horrible redo.

If this is the current evolution of the two man con, it really is taking the piss and you lot will need the sheen/el chapo leadership I've suggested for a while.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

To be fair, he ran with the promise to go back to politics as normal... which means 2010, and the rich, fertile soil that grew Trumpism in the first place.

If the Left doesn't start pushing REALLY hard, the GOP will take the midterms, and OrangeBoi will be back in office in 2024.

Pergamos

Quote from: LMNO on February 27, 2021, 12:14:35 AM
To be fair, he ran with the promise to go back to politics as normal... which means 2010, and the rich, fertile soil that grew Trumpism in the first place.

If the Left doesn't start pushing REALLY hard, the GOP will take the midterms, and OrangeBoi will be back in office in 2024.

How can we push?  Letters to congress critters obviously, but I doubt that's enough.  Will more riots help or hurt in your opinion?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 26, 2021, 07:50:12 PM
So, no increase in poverty level wages, no unilateral action on student loans, kids still going into cages, slow and shonky foreign policy.... Without some serious ginger up his arse, I can't see much of the damage of the last gimp being fully undone. If anything, I'm strongly suspecting that not pushing this kind of shit through is going to lead to a horrible redo.

If this is the current evolution of the two man con, it really is taking the piss and you lot will need the sheen/el chapo leadership I've suggested for a while.

1.  The wage increase was killed by the senate parliamentarian on the grounds that it does not meet some arcane budget reconciliation rule.

https://apnews.com/article/house-vote-virus-bill-minimum-wage-hike-7545455cccec525285a8ea3c35892c70

2.  Kids are not actually still going into cages. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/02/23/no-bidens-new-border-move-isnt-like-trumps-kids-cages-not-hardly/

In fact, more than a hundred kids separated long term have been reunited with their parents (which was a bastard to do, given it's been 3-4 years and tracking people down was a bitch), and efforts continue.

3.  All but one of Trump's asshole moves have been undone or are in the process of being undone.  The only thing left is the tax cut.

Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Oh, it's better than I thought then.

I still say el chapo would do more for getting the economy moving though.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 27, 2021, 07:21:05 AM
Oh, it's better than I thought then.

I still say el chapo would do more for getting the economy moving though.

The economy is fucked.  That's something we're just going to have to face.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Merrick Garland confirmed as AG by 70:30 senate vote.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

That's a serious suitcase of kompromat that he's got. Must have been busy gathering it since the last go.

It's more likely than an outpouring of bipartisan goodwill, anyway.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 14, 2021, 09:22:23 PM
That's a serious suitcase of kompromat that he's got. Must have been busy gathering it since the last go.

It's more likely than an outpouring of bipartisan goodwill, anyway.

Well, we've seen the GOP's idea of "bipartisan".

If the dems can get the infrastructure bill through, though, it's the end of the line for the GOP as a viable force.
Molon Lube