News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Timeline of the Far Future.

Started by Kai, May 06, 2012, 03:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Do not read unless you want to be a in a screwed up headspace. I, personally, made a mistake in clicking.

Only other comment: 600 million years, that's it? ;_;
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nephew Twiddleton

Cant see link on phone but yeah that sort of stuff messes you up. 600 million is around the time that earth starts becoming uninhabitable right? Something like not enough carbon dioxide for plant life to survive? The dark era of the universe messes with my head.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Kai

Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 06, 2012, 03:40:23 AM
Cant see link on phone but yeah that sort of stuff messes you up. 600 million is around the time that earth starts becoming uninhabitable right? Something like not enough carbon dioxide for plant life to survive? The dark era of the universe messes with my head.

Yeah. It is fucking with me, major. I mean, 600 million years is how long it's been since the Cambrian, more or less.

Shit. I'm just going to stop thinking about it. If humans last that long, I suspect we will have future tech to the level of moving stars, or cloning planets, or transporting biospheres to new worlds.

I just find it strange that the /beginnings/ stuff, which is also about a sense of space and deep time and huge scale, and terrifies a great deal of people, and that stuff is EXPANSIVE for me. It's the stuff on that page that gets me.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Forsooth

i'm not really bummed by the page, but goddamn i have 20 wikipedia pages open now

Bruno

1 million years: Human race evolves into beings of pure energy. Runs around Universe asking lower beings...

"How is it going?"
                             /

Formerly something else...

Nephew Twiddleton

Well i think well branch out to the stars eventually. I think it will probably be late in the game and well be a bit behind technologically compared to any other civilazations we come across. It does also occur to me though that the universe is still fairly young and that it is quite possible that we are the most advanced within about 500 light years. This also bums me out. I know youre more focused on evolution and that this shows to you how much more of a flicker we are. I see it more as look at how far our bumbling has gotten us in the past 40000 years. We destroyed our competitors and left the planet. Now if only we could stop destroying our competitors and go to mars.

Nephew Twiddleton

Stellar metallicity. Thats what we should be looking for. Not earth analogues. If we can survive on say ceres it doesnt matter. We should look for stars with similar metallicity in our neighborhood. Oh and break the light barrier. Impossible though it is if we make all our scientists go to law school theyll figure it out.

Nephew Twiddleton

I must admit though. 600 million does not seem like enough. But it will be a billion until everything dies out. And Homo sapiens descendant prob wont even be classified as mammals at that point. In the far far future red dwarves. Problem with that is any planet in the goldie locks zone will be tidally locked. Bright side= red dwarf life expectancy (spoiler- a red dwarf born tomorrow will so outlive sol that sol wont merit a mention). Seems to me that intelligent life is meant to develop in medium sized cities and then move into the suburbs when there goes the neighborhood.

Nephew Twiddleton

:sigh: should not have read this thread until monday.

Also i am now convinced that i want to get a beer with kai. I was pretty certain before but now theres an itch.

Cain

50,000 years from now, all our clocks are gonna be messed up.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2012, 09:54:44 AM
50,000 years from now, all our clocks are gonna be messed up.

Um.  :lulz:

:potd:

Newsfeed?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on May 06, 2012, 03:10:10 AM
Do not read unless you want to be a in a screwed up headspace. I, personally, made a mistake in clicking.

Only other comment: 600 million years, that's it? ;_;

I gotta admit, I have a hard time maintaining interest after 100,000 years.

Maybe I'm just a dick.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wait, the universe is flat???

I'm not sure my brain can really handle that.

FLAT UNIVERSE THEORY

OK NOPE.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on May 06, 2012, 03:48:12 PM
Wait, the universe is flat???

I'm not sure my brain can really handle that.

FLAT UNIVERSE THEORY

OK NOPE.

God's a troll. here's a flat 3 dimensional universe. Have fun!

hirley0

06:10:10 06:40:23 07:48:45 08:51:02 10:00:34 10:23:00 10:26:42 10:43:26
12:54:44 06:39:26 06:45:38 06:48:12 06:50:02 08:17:28
My vote is for ask the BAR MAN for the BEER solution | tbc {maybe

CHUEN {monkey | follows dog Well i think its true La is flat
FLAT & Low ? So when the OREgone 8.69 Tsunomi occurs {in the next (um}? 4 score
more damage will take place in LA than along the entire Oregon Coast | counting
Seaside | as far as no PE | i see no excuse | i thought that THAT was a required
course | of curse i could be wrong | as my disconect is 99% | still there is robert
& the SafeWay checker ?/? i was going to check the signing TV time | ok later
i did not click K's page so i do not know but 600ma is bogus no mater whos
time frame is used | i use 24e7 rather than 250M per orbit as it fits a clock face
so be Asimov time its 2+100 Or net even 2.5  & 600m/24e7=2.5 exactly | got it?
Now where was i ? Just across the Gal.equator 12.9K'sA ago
THUS K's Quest must he about two holes plus a Half or S\N transit
same songs as -12 OR AS'ed .5 ORb back 125Ma Maybe i need to check 'eR

http://ebeltz.net/firstfam/geocolum.html | somwhere in the BLUE?
maybe k/T jus a min | K–T boundary is a geological signature, dated to 65.5 |NOPe
Try -120-130Ma ? like Plesiadapis and Purgatorius  | Like PP ? Aptian (125 – 112 Mya)
i think U LOSt me on that 1 |-| The Barremian ? the BAR MAN ?
now that i would buy
oh its 9:16 already gotta move along Maybe Mon

Quote from: Nigel on May 06, 2012, 03:48:12 PM
Wait, the universe is f la t???

OK NO PE.