News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Common Walls Debate

Started by Cramulus, February 21, 2012, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2012, 01:29:32 AM
Quote from: Net on February 23, 2012, 01:25:12 AM

Oh that's right, I posted the flyers in the same thread they were taken from and you never felt wronged and even complimented my shitty designs until I decided to dissociate myself from your crazy ass. You finally agreed that I do have rights in laying out your writing and said I deserved a say in the use of that work. We both agreed that the flyers should die.

What's any of that got to do with them being "your" fliers?  That's why I wanted them to die, Net.  I didn't want to be connected to you in any way, not after you claimed they were yours, and after you spent page after page shrieking "SLUT!" at Nigel.

I never claimed those fliers as my own.

Also, I earned Nigel's forgiveness and even shared a magnificent hug with her not too long ago.

You're grasping at straws here.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2012, 01:30:09 AM
Freeky, he won't answer you on account of Paul of Tarsus.   :lulz:

I'm gonna have to look that up, I'm not up to date on my Bible myths.  :lol: 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on February 23, 2012, 01:39:14 AM

I never claimed those fliers as my own.

You said "My fliers."

I said "Don't you mean 'our fliers'?"

You said, "No, they're mine.  Do you know how hard it is to find free clip art, blah blah".

Thread still exists.

Incidentally, Nigel may forgive you...It doesn't mean you're still not a shit and a hypocrite for what you said.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Anyway, this is getting boring (even the hilarity of you being unable to respond to Freeky, cause she's a girl), so I'll leave you to your impotent rage.

G'night, Corky!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 23, 2012, 01:41:37 AM

He's the misogynist prick that wrote the last chunk of the bible.  Spent all his time explaining what a woman's place was.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2012, 01:45:41 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 23, 2012, 01:41:37 AM

He's the misogynist prick that wrote the last chunk of the bible.  Spent all his time explaining what a woman's place was.

Ohhh. :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 21, 2012, 06:07:45 PM
I'm done with the project.

And here we go.  First one down.  The fucking thing will be tatters and rags by next week.

Another PD project crashes in fucking flames.  Thank you so very much, Cram.  But isn't that a small price to pay for your fucking relentless self-promotion machine?

For what it's worth, the above went too far inre: Cram.  My apologies.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on February 22, 2012, 08:36:49 PM
you're thinking of lysergic, who wanted to sell them at his friend's magazine stand in Melbourne

I found the thread. http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,20615.0.html

It's exactly what I remembered it being. The basis for my original objection stands.

I want to clarify that it's not a single damning event, it's that discussion in addition to a cumulative impression gained from a number of situations in which people have expressed having had their materials used without authorization. Things blow over each time, but that negative impression sticks, and I'm left with a pretty strong sense that leaving anything undefined puts it at risk for misappropriation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Alright, dickholes,

I started a thread offering what I hoped might be a useful service for folks based on what I'm good at. I specified in the OP that everything would be checked for proper redistribution permissions before going forward with a project, because even though I hate the idea of things related to any religion (fake or no) being copyrighted I respect the people on this board enough to try not to step on toes. And what do you do? You shit it all up with interpersonal drama that I have no part of. Not only that, but you manage to work yourselves into a fucking conniption fit to the point where multiple people are now threatening to stop participating in projects. After all the whining about lurkers and the boards dying and people not hauling their own weight around here.

MAYBE IF YOU COULD KEEP YOUR GODDAMN DRAMA IN CHECK WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO DO NICE THINGS, YOU MIGHT GET TO HAVE MORE NICE THINGS. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PEOPLE IN QUESTION HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR INCESTUOUS CLUSTERFUCK OF OLD GRUDGES AND PERSONAL DISTASTE FOR ONE ANOTHER.

yesimad

AFK

We're one of THOSE families Gogira.

We shout at each other a lot. 

We bitch about stupid stuff.

We like to poke at each other's squishy underbellies.  (LMNO doesn't complain)

It's been that way as long as I've been here and that's a long time.

Granted, there are periods where it seems to be a bit excessive.

Anyway, I guess that's a common wall right there, eh? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Maybe its because we're one of those families that our creativity has dropped off... a 5 page thread of creativity, and a 9 page thread fighting over the creative thread.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

I think gogira has a point. I dont think were less creative just that board meltdowns direct all of the energy elsewhere. I try to avoid getting involved in any drama. But there i go clicking the thread again to see if its stopped yet.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 23, 2012, 05:17:37 PM
We're one of THOSE families Gogira.

We shout at each other a lot. 

We bitch about stupid stuff.

We like to poke at each other's squishy underbellies.  (LMNO doesn't complain)

It's been that way as long as I've been here and that's a long time.

Granted, there are periods where it seems to be a bit excessive.

Anyway, I guess that's a common wall right there, eh?
I know stuff like this is pretty much unavoidable in online communities, and I'm not mad that it's a thing. I just wish people could compartmentalize the drama better so it doesn't get in the way of productive things.

AFK

Can't disagree with any of that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.