A confession, an honest acceptance of guilt, an apology

Started by Fujikoma, September 29, 2018, 03:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

That would be the one. The very, very best I can say about them is that they were not Nazis or pedos. That's a really fuckin low bar.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on March 29, 2019, 09:43:17 PM
Stepping back a few posts for a moment, I have been working on a Discordian Discord server for awhile given the only other one I found was run by, how can I put this, madjgickque themed misanthropic anarchists.

"If you break your leg you deserve to starve to death" type shit, except it's like, a spirit journey man and helping you would be hindering all the spiritual growth you'd get before you fucking died. Also, something like "compassion is The Man". Special door prize if you are talking about a literal intersection of roads and the admin says "we don't want your intersectionality shit" in complete earnesty (real thing, really happened).

Sounds like Jonathan Bost took over IRC.
Molon Lube

altered

Nah, this wasn't the IRC, it was an unrelated group. The folks who posted awhile back on the forum, as CNO mentioned.

Also :lulz: *

*i don't know if that works properly using this goofy app but it's what I got
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

Ha! That's freaking hilarious! (that other group)...

That said I do enjoy having some real-time text chat, some of you might like voice servers but using my mic causes my computer to overheat... if the on you're working on is ever open I'd be down to join.

Al Qədic

Yeah, the spags in the Cult of The Upright Citizen Cabal are...okay at best? I'm in there right now, and though I'm comfortable enough with their "wizzad shit", the Pimperor leader and some of his pals have some unsavory gripes with the LGBT community. Decent folks aside from that, it seems. Our Discordias just feel mighty different. Like null mentioned, there's an emphasis on anarchy, and it just seems like they missed the whole thing about balancing the Eristic and the Aneristic in life. They seem capable of flourishing though.

No ill will, Doc Rev Saturday, but ya might be losing your "embodiment of the element of fire" in a week's time unless I see somethin' new.  :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Al Qədic on March 31, 2019, 04:59:13 AM
the Pimperor leader and some of his pals have some unsavory gripes with the LGBT community. Decent folks aside from that, it seems.

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

From what I recall, it was less "unsavory gripes" and more "if you want some kind of respect then fuck you", basically right wing OH ARE YOU TRIGGERED shit without looking like as much of a... someone you immediately discard on principle because it's the same tired shit visible from ten miles away.

Oh, that's something good I can say about them: they're shitty and wrong and terrible in unusual ways? They don't fall into any (pre-existing) terrible person bucket I have. They manage to be wrong about everything still.

Also: Al Qedic (no access to a schwa on mobile, dealwithit, please, I'm sorry) should definitely bring up anything (anything at all) to do with compassionate ethics to watch them fail /fast/. We are talking "if you need any help then you deserve to suffer" levels of bullshit. It's like rugged individualism if you take all the tough guy out and replace it with about a 40-60 blend of "magical growth" and utter nihilism.

Fujikoma

I think it's kind of fucked to think people "deserve" to suffer, with the exception of that snitch Doktor Howl spoke of falling off the roof. I've met people who have suffered and struggled from birth due to some defects, still suffering, in no small part due to how society treats them. That's, not really how Karma works, these are good people. What about the straight up evil people who don't have a shitty day in their lives?