News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Each of my books weighs about eight pounds, with the consequence that I have to pick one to bring to school. I will be at school all fucking day.

Urgh.

Eventually I will either develop a system, or. I don't know. Rent a locker?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 30, 2014, 03:27:07 PM
It sucks you can't get 'em electronically.

Right? I thought this was the information age, the era of the Internet.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I bought some women's skinny pants today. Apparently I'm a size 9? The brand must run large...

As this is my second week of training for my new job, and the dress code is "business casual", I've decided to see what I can get away with. I figure an ironed collared shirt will be the key to pulling this off.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

I have a car for the first time since 2005 when my Jetta died. I was cut off by 2 Massholes on the way home from buying it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Slyph

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 30, 2014, 03:10:49 PM
Each of my books weighs about eight pounds, with the consequence that I have to pick one to bring to school. I will be at school all fucking day.

Urgh.

Or get big from all the lifting

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 30, 2014, 03:27:07 PM
It sucks you can't get 'em electronically.

Oh, I COULD. If I had a newer device and was willing to pay the $200 per.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on September 30, 2014, 07:05:44 PM
I bought some women's skinny pants today. Apparently I'm a size 9? The brand must run large...

As this is my second week of training for my new job, and the dress code is "business casual", I've decided to see what I can get away with. I figure an ironed collared shirt will be the key to pulling this off.

It's all about the hips, son.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Slyph on September 30, 2014, 09:10:32 PM

Urgh.

Or get big from all the lifting

They don't actually fit, physically, in my backpack. I could get two in, max, if I took everything else out, like my clicker, notebook, lunch, calculator, wallet, pens, and bus-readin.

The worst thing about these fucking books is that they're impractical for reading on the bus. I'd get stabbed.

Doktor Howl

I'd like to offer some impractical and unsolicited advice.

Hire porters.  It's what all the best people do.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2014, 04:04:37 AM
I'd like to offer some impractical and unsolicited advice.

Hire porters.  It's what all the best people do.

:lulz: :lulz: :mittens: :mittens:

Best impractical and unsolicited advice ITT.

hirley0

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 01, 2014, 04:02:22 AM
Quote from: Slyph on September 30, 2014, 09:10:32 PM
Rent a locker?

you might consider my old locker
it is in nueberger ? 4th floor as i remember
on the path to the math lab 465?
on the South wall | proble is i do not
eXactly remember the number 338
its not a coat locker its just holds books & papers
you don't kneed a key | you can turn the
lock with anything finger nail works
paper clip tops of ball points etc
you may have to try sever to find 338
its about 4 to 6 rows from the East end
and about tit leval | easy to reach
no stooping or reaching up
just walk up when the hall is empty
and turn
but it could well be the whole bank is gone
from the South hall across from a water fountain?

good luck | also check SU.sub basement SE corner ?/?

LMNO

Incidentally, I won't be around much today.  I've been volunteered for some all day training thing. 

:jumper:

Cain

You could always watching jihadi training videos instead, like me.

This Jabhat al-Nusra one is actually quite good.  Slick production values, but not over the top.  Music is not overpowering, or obnoxious, or entirely terrible.  And for a sniper unit, these guys have some neat parkour moves.