News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on April 28, 2014, 08:50:33 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 08:46:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 04:25:43 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 02:45:49 PM
Birthday.

I have a whole-weekend hangover.

Happy birthday, merry new hangover!

It's a piquant and lolling hangover. Luckily it doesn't come with any regrets (it almost did, but I pulled  my head out of my ass in the nick of time).
Baww :( I feel rejected now.

:lulz:

Sleeping with my best friend's husband's cousin might sound like a good idea after several whiskeys, but it's really not.

I'll come up with several small, mild regrets instead.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 08:56:13 PM
Birthday.

It's a piquant and lolling hangover. Luckily it doesn't come with any regrets (it almost did, but I pulled  my head out of my ass in the nick of time).

I never do that.  Heads are for asses.
:lol:

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM
Birthday.

Sleeping with my best friend's husband's cousin might sound like a good idea after several whiskeys, but it's really not.

I'll come up with several tall, mild regrets instead.
Fixed that for you, though how in the world you expect to handle several of me I can't imagine.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Birthday.

This is what YEARS OF CRINGING is for.

Whiskey is your pal.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on April 28, 2014, 09:04:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 08:56:13 PM
Birthday.

I never do that.  Heads are for asses.
:lol:

Birthday.

I'll come up with several tall, mild regrets instead.
Fixed that for you, though how in the world you expect to handle several of me I can't imagine.

An army of Regrets following me around would be AWESOME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 09:06:31 PM
Birthday.

Whiskey is your pal.

I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up making out with him and not the guy I wanted to make out with. :? Whiskey definitely played a role in that.

Junkenstein

Quote from: All father, Bearman on April 28, 2014, 08:42:02 PM
Iced Earth, and Sabaton tonight!
Thanks to my lil butter! Best B-day gift ever!

Let me know if Iced Earth are any good live. They'be been on my "eventually.... meh" list for a while.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 09:08:38 PM
Birthday.

Whiskey is your pal.

I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up making out with him and not the guy I wanted to make out with. :? Whiskey definitely played a role in that.

Whiskey DOES have a detrimental effect on targeting systems. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 28, 2014, 09:15:27 PM

Let me know if Iced Earth are any good live. They'be been on my "eventually.... meh" list for a while.

Haven't seen them live since 2006?
I haven't heard the new guy yet live. I like Tim Owens more..... So yeah... I value a band by how good they sound live. But for $27 to hear both Sabaton and Iced Earth live I'd be stupid not to go.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 09:18:55 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 09:08:38 PM
Birthday.

Whiskey is your pal.

Whiskey DOES have a detrimental effect on targeting systems.

And how!

The Good Reverend Roger

http://www.kpho.com/story/25354362/deputy-body-found-in-wreckage-of-ultralight-plane

The obvious thing to do in the windiest part of the year is fly an Ultralight in the desert.

Most of the people that killed here in this manner decide that flying through the Catalinas is a good idea.  Because they aren't trained and nobody ever told them what mountains do to air movement, especially when they're casting shadows at, say, 100F.

Junkenstein

Quote from: All father, Bearman on April 28, 2014, 09:19:04 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 28, 2014, 09:15:27 PM

Haven't seen them live since 2006?
I haven't heard the new guy yet live. I like Tim Owens more..... So yeah... I value a band by how good they sound live. But for $27 to hear both Sabaton and Iced Earth live I'd be stupid not to go.

Yeah, that's pretty reasonable. It's rare that a gig over here is less than £20 and I'd easily expect to pay £25+/ticket round these parts.

Another stage of development to horrible old person is occurring. Bitching about the price things used to be.

That said, I'm shoving out £100 on Down/Emperor and say it's well fucking worth it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 09:30:52 PM
http://www.kpho.com/story/25354362/deputy-body-found-in-wreckage-of-ultralight-plane

The obvious thing to do in the windiest part of the year is fly an Ultralight in the desert.

Most of the people that killed here in this manner decide that flying through the Catalinas is a good idea.  Because they aren't trained and nobody ever told them what mountains do to air movement, especially when they're casting shadows at, say, 100F.

It seems somewhat... foolhardy... to not license those things.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 09:33:43 PM

I see absolutely no problem with this system whatsoever.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A link found through that link: http://www.kpho.com/video?clipId=10094988&autostart=true

Cops wearing cameras are more cautious about using force, go figure.

I can't remember if it was you, Roger, or someone else who recently concluded that the way to go is for EVERYONE to have a camera 24/7. I agree; if we're going to become a surveillance society, the power of surveillance needs to be equally distributed. among all citizens.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2014, 09:33:43 PM

I agree, but only because they could land on someone.