Main Menu

Behold the Smiler!

Started by Remington, November 21, 2009, 10:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Jasper

Hah, awesome. 

Don't most politicians have this reptile-like ability though?

East Coast Hustle

creepy, though not unexpected.

I'm pretty convinced that the '08 election can be simplified down to "Smiling Scumbag" vs. "Scowling Scumbag".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

MMIX

same smile - same tie - same pants - probably the same trollies . . . guy has no originality
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Requia ☣

Quote from: MMIX on November 22, 2009, 01:33:55 AM
same smile - same tie - same pants - probably the same trollies . . . guy has no originality

It's from a single photo shoot.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

fomenter

it wouldn't surprise me if at some point in his career he had professional pics taken, went to a image consultant to find out which smile was the best for his career, then practiced in front of a mirror till he could hit it every time....

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jasper

Most likely.  Seems like a fairly wise career move, especially if you're the type (like me) to have very interpretable smiles.  Maybe his normal "honest" smile is lascivious or cruel looking, and he had to train himself not to do that.

The Johnny

Quote from: Felix on November 22, 2009, 02:45:45 AM
Most likely.  Seems like a fairly wise career move, especially if you're the type (like me) to have very interpretable smiles.  Maybe his normal "honest" smile is lascivious or cruel looking, and he had to train himself not to do that.

Ill second that. I mean, didnt he run most of his campaign exploiting all that could be exploited thru means of marketing and publicists after all?

I mean, all politicians do what they can, but didnt his team take it a step further and exploited the internet means while others didnt? Or am i just misinformed?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

"Look at me, HOPE IS ON THE WAY <smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiileeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss>"

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Jasper

Cue "There is a war going on for your mind"

That said, must you use the word "exploit" so much?  It implies unfair advantage, when really, everything the two main candidates did was well within what I consider fair game, if some of it was stupid or unproductive, it wasn't unfair.

The Johnny

I mean that he took the charisma game a step further.

-B.F. Skinner

Jasper

He did, at that.  I've never found a politician so charming in my whole life.  He has the likability of a Kennedy, with the added bonus of not being one.

Jasper

It'd have to be one charming motherfucking politician.
                                            \

Freeky

They had a thing like that for Paris Hilton. I think it was the same song, too.