News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Anarchangel show has been postponed. Thank god. Even if its not that bad wind wise i dont want gallons of water in my marshall after transporting it from the van to the venue.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

I'm going to be hawking the advisories for the next 24 hours.

I wish my apartment didn't suck, then I could at least have fun, but nooooo.....I actually have to worry about a fucking hurricane.  :argh!:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Mandatory evacuations for South County in effect (Narragansett, South Kingstown, Matunuck, Charlestown, Westerly, et al.) the Newport bridges are being shut down tomorrow night and they ARE closing the hurricane barrier tomorrow at an undisclosed time as well. They're really worried about this surge. Narragansett is coastal, but it's still above sea level whereas downtown Providence isn't. That water is going to funnel into Narragansett Bay, hit the barrier, and go right up the fucking Pawtuxet and flood Warwick and Cranston again. Watch.

DIMO. GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR BASEMENT.  :argh!:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

They're shutting down NYC tomorrow at noon. Wow.

This is fucking intense. Hopefully it won't be a dud.

Cainad (dec.)

GUESS WHO MOVED BACK TO STONY BROOK JUST IN TIME?!?!?

YEE-HAW!

Suu

Quote from: Cainad on August 27, 2011, 02:47:39 AM
GUESS WHO MOVED BACK TO STONY BROOK JUST IN TIME?!?!?

YEE-HAW!

I was living in Babylon for Gloria. I'm not supposed to remember it since I was 3, apparently, but I do. I remember sitting in the basement with my parents and neighbors when the lights went out. I remember my baby brother crying, and sneaking upstairs during the eye and having my parents yell at me to get back downstairs.

We lost 7 trees in our backyard and had no power for 2 weeks. I remember my mom giving me baths in the kiddie pool outside. Because of the damage to the woods, the house got infested with ticks. :(

My first direct hit in Florida was TS Keith in 1988 which I remember flooded the hell out of our condo parking lot, and then TS Marco in 1990 sparked my fascination, and I wanted to go to school in it, despite my mom telling me no. So our neighbor gave me a ride. We didn't have a lot of kids in class, and I volunteered to walk the attendance to the office. Now, this is a Florida school, which means that it's all wing buildings with covered walkways. I remember almost getting blown away because I was 8 years old, but I went home and told my parents how awesome it was. So my dad got me a computer program (going back to a 386 DOS system, here.) that allowed me to track storms. We used to watch the advisories, write the coordinates, and plug them into the program, as this was before the satellites and computer imagery that we have now.

My dad and I had a HUGE laminated Mercator projection of the Atlantic which we would hang up in the dining room and we used to manually plot storms with dry erase markers. :)

Suu

11pm advisory has her heading more east. Hunker the fuck down, Cainad, the updated track puts her right on top of your head Sunday morning.

Suu

Starting using Twitter again so I can stalk Jim Cantore again.  :fap:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 27, 2011, 12:26:09 AM
DIMO. GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR BASEMENT.  :argh!:

aw and he just had it all fixed up and looking nice ... do you suppose now it's going to be flooded again?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Disco Pickle on August 25, 2011, 01:43:34 PM
:argh!:

Hurricane's always give the finger to NoFlorida and head to the Carolina's

I actually like a good hurricane.
Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 25, 2011, 01:48:06 PM
Well, J-Ville doesn't exact stick out into the Atlantic with a big "HIT ME" sign like the Outer Banks do.

Jacksonville NC, on the other hand, is getting pounded right about now.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Trying to decide if I should pull out my AC for the storm.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

East Coast Hustle

I think this fucker has something against me personally.

It's managing to hit, in successive order, my family home, the base I was supposed to be working out of in september, the ship I work on, and the place I am now.

WTF?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"