News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Illuminatus! Trilogy

Started by NapaDiscordian, September 21, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you read the Illuminatus! Trilogy?

Yes
9 (50%)
No
3 (16.7%)
Currently reading
2 (11.1%)
Fleabag
2 (11.1%)
HaarUUMPH!!
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 14, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

annukai

I voted "HaarUUMPH!!"

Thats the "I gently placed my balls against the cover and absorbed the entirety its wisdom into my mancratch" button, right?

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2006, 03:20:51 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 28, 2006, 06:11:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 25, 2006, 12:13:51 PM
This is all besides the point, because anyone who sucks up dogma is a dogmatist - no matter if its from RAW, Jesus or Scientology.  Its all the same crap, someone elses ideas that you parrot because it makes you feel good. 

Way to go in surrenduring your mind, monkey-boi

i couldn't agree more .....

although it's a bit ironic that you are a proponent of free minds ..... considering how quickly you jump on ideas you disagree with .....

see ya again in 14 days

Jumping on ideas you disagree with is dogmatism?

Really?

AYRTS?  IA?

I think he really is...

Jasper

Fucking whoa.  I read the acronym and understood it.  :-o

the other anonymous

Quote from: davznothere on September 28, 2006, 06:11:54 PM
although it's a bit ironic that you are a proponent of free minds ..... considering how quickly you jump on ideas you disagree with .....

Several people have weighed in on this. I'd like to weigh in too! :D

"Jumping on ideas disagreed with" is neutral-minded. Correcting errors must be a part of any system. Without error correction, errors proliferate.

Just look at New Age: "All ideas are welcome" and it soon became a fat load of craptasticness.

Close-mindedness is rejecting ideas without due consideration, i.e., faulty error-checking. "It's not a bug, it's a feature -- the path to salvation!"

Open-mindedness is good error-checking. Giving new ideas due consideration, accepting what's correct even if it means completely re-evaluating everything you know, and rejecting what's wrong even if it means dumping all over morons like you.

(For logical completeness, can anyone tell what the opposite of New Age is -- ie, the rejection of all ideas, right or wrong?)

Jasper

Cain

davznothere

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 29, 2006, 03:57:16 AM
Being anti dogmatic is a form of dogmatism, just like the middle path of Buddhism is a kind of extreme, and Communism is a form of government.

i certainly agree with that statement ..... i also find now that i'm a father and i've broken the age of 30 that alot of my more radical ideas have started to temper, i often find myself, particularly these days, re-evaluating my ideas and belief structures, kinda like when i was younger i would just suck everything in and spit it back out, more as an experience than anything else. Now i find that i'm going back and saying "That was sweet, lets try it again, but this time, chewing a little" ..... and from what history has showed us is that most forms of government look really swell on paper, once they have some time to be put into practice though then eventually breakdown into despotism ..... everytime through all of history .....

NapaDiscordian

Which is why anarchy is the best  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 29, 2006, 03:57:16 AM
Being anti dogmatic is a form of dogmatism,

Nothing means anything.  Black is white.  You're an idiot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 30, 2006, 12:37:04 AM

So why don't you move to Somalia?  I mean, if anarchy is a great system and all.  Just remember to write a will and take an AK47 with ya...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2006, 01:26:01 AM

So why don't you move to Somalia?  I mean, if anarchy is a great system and all.  Just remember to write a will and take an AK47 with ya...

These cafe anarchists are hilarious.  If all the cops disappeared tomorrow, they'd be the FIRST people crying for them to come back.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Slarti

Quote from: Felix Mackay on September 21, 2006, 05:40:21 AM
Years later, you'll be laughing at the same post by a newer "Discordian", and you will get the acute impression that you are old and bitter.

This concludes your obvious commentary for the thread.

Unless that's all this forum ever does.  :lol:

quoted for truth. i found this out last night.

East Coast Hustle

son, if anarchy ever actually HAPPENED, you'd be one fucked puppy.

ECH,
doubts you'd survive long enough to get hungry
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

LAIL-flavored troofpaste ITT.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

NapaDiscordian

So what?  The world is overpopulated anyway.  And anarchy doesn't imply violence, except to the close minded.