News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Mindless Writing

Started by Sita, February 09, 2012, 01:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sita

Just something that went through my head...
~~~~
I look around and see nothing but blankness.
There is no emotion, not really.
The faces are a mask. There to try and convince you that everything is alright.

What you can't see behind the smile is the utter indifference.
These people don't care about you. They don't even care about themselves.

Going about their daily routine, never noticing the change in season.

It's time to break out of that mindset. See the world around you.
The blue of the sky, the red leaves on the tree, a ripple in a pond as ducks go by.
What good is existence if you don't live as well?

It's time to strike a match and grow the flame...
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sita on February 09, 2012, 01:41:22 AM

What good is existence if you don't live as well?

Pretty much this.

It's good to see you sharing your writing, especially since you've given the impression that doing so doesn't come easily for you. Keep it up!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Rev

Nice, I had no idea you wrote poetry!

Sita

Poetry is something that I like to do. Though I hadn't thought of this as such. I'll see if I can find a link to some stuff that I've written.
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, this can't be poetry because I like it. :lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sita

There's a couple of my poems here, here and my thread at MW hxxp://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?148941-Sitalique-s-Poems]here (which I need to make sure I have a copy of)

Some will have duplicates.

(edited by ECH to break the link to MW so their referrer logs don't show traffic coming from here.)

East Coast Hustle

Sorry Sita, I had to break that link so people will have to c&p into their address bar to go to the MW link. I refuse on principle to give them any traffic from this site.

Sita

I perfectly understand. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Sita

I've put everything on my blog now, so I can remove the other links in my post if you want.
Just asking before I do so since you did edit it :)

The Rev

Quote from: Sita on February 09, 2012, 02:06:49 AM

Poetry is something that I like to do. Though I hadn't thought of this as such. I'll see if I can find a link to some stuff that I've written.

Must have been the cadence that I read it in that made it feel like poetry to me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Very nice.

I like the "live" bit.  A bunch.  Life isn't something to go through without scars.  There is no award at death for a pristine corpse.

And old age probably sucks if you don't have some memories to lean on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I like this a lot.

It makes me think of a Venn diagram I've been meaning to make:

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

Might want to re-think the colours a bit? I think it's 1 weird that "really living" is pitch black and 2 if anything, "things you're fucking terrified of" should be black (with either white or yellow letters)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.