News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

So, I gots a new band, and a show: 6/19/09

Started by LMNO, March 31, 2009, 07:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

It started as an alt-country band, but we soon realized:

1) We don't know how to write alt-country songs.

So, we went more college rock.  The band's called Frost Heaves.

Long story short, we've got a gig at the Cantab in Cambridge on June 19.

It will be a better experience than anyone who's tried to sit through an Empties show, and the beer is cold, so if you're south of T.R.O.N.E. and north of the Principality of Kaosuu, stop by.

Richter

Sounds fun.  I'll see how things settle out for June.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

So it will be less Wilco and more REM?  Or maybe Frank Black and the Catholics? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on March 31, 2009, 07:53:42 PM
It started as an alt-country band, but we soon realized:

So, we went more college rock.  The band's called Frost Heaves.

Long story short, we've got a gig at the Cantab in Cambridge on June 19.

It will be a better experience than anyone who's tried to sit through an Empties show, and the beer is cold, so if you're south of T.R.O.N.E. and north of the Principality of Kaosuu, stop by.

Hrmmm, maybe a good time for a Discordian Meetup... I've been wanting to hit the New England side of this great Digital Cabal anyway ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 31, 2009, 08:15:08 PM
So it will be less Wilco and more REM?  Or maybe Frank Black and the Catholics? 

More Heartbreakers/Pixies/Replacements.  Tho' we do an Uncle Tupelo song, just for the hell of it.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

That One Guy

Sounds fun! I will probably forget about this between now and then (only three more months!) so reminders = win.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Richter

I'm in the same boat.  Given the haze I normally live in, a future vision being limited at 2 weeks, my attendence is dependent on this thread being bumped.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Richter on March 31, 2009, 09:24:56 PM
I'm in the same boat.  Given the haze I normally live in, a future vision being limited at 2 weeks, my attendence is dependent on this thread being bumped.

This is troof
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

difference is, Tosk lives in a haze. Richter lives in a fine red mist.

Richter

LMNO

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Richter on March 31, 2009, 09:24:56 PM

This is fact.

Also, the extreme proximity of the Cantab to my apartment makes me uncomfortable.

But it also makes it extra likely that I will actually be there if this thread is bumped.

ALSO ALSO... Plz play an alt-country song somewhere in the mix. Even if it's awful. :D
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

We're going to do "Graveyard Shift" by Uncle Tupelo, and "I Will Dare" by the Replacements*.  And we're kicking around the idea of doing "Transmission" by Joy Division, just for the hell of it.

Incidentally DC, one of the regular bands at the Cantab are the Sharp Lads.  If you like NYC 77-type music (Heartbreakers, Dead Boys, Voidoids, Television, etc) you should check them out.  And if you do, heckle the lead singer.  He's a friend of mine.

*Not technically Alt-country, but it's got a bit of shuffle & twang.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on March 31, 2009, 07:53:42 PM

I can help you with this.

I am currently working on "It's Commode-Hugging Time in the Valley".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.