News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

WikiLeaks;GASM

Started by Placid Dingo, December 04, 2010, 06:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

I get the impression most people here tend to feel more positive about WL than anything.

So here is a thread to create/share tools/propoganda that will assist in promoting more positive noise about WL.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

The most quotable bits off that IQ page. I bolded some of my favourites.

"Here then is the truth about the Truth; the Truth is not bridge, sturdy to every step, a marvel of bound planks and supports from the known into the unknown, but a surging sea of smashed wood, flotsam and drowning sailors."

"Often we suffer to read, "But if we believe X then we'll have to...", or "If we believe X it will lead to...". This has no reflection on the veracity of X and so we see that outcomes are treated with more reverence than the Truth."

"Did I ever tell you about the time Nataliya took me out to go get a drink with her? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Nataliya takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half, until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Nataliya yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'" (seems to be derivative but I don't know the original).

"These large multinationals, despite having a GDP and population comparable to Belgium, Denmark or New Zealand have nothing like their quality of civic freedoms. Internally they mirror the most pernicious aspects of the 1960s Soviet."

"Insofar as our decisions are an expression of who we are, we must make sure that we do not lack courage. Insofar as we want a full range of intellectual opinions, we must have the courage to accept the full range of emotional inclinations that lay behind them."

"X is an "average shy intellectual" and in that is a sounding for characters of his type. This type is often of a noble heart, wilted by fear of conflict with authority. The power of their intellect and noble instincts may lead them to a courageous position, where they see the need to take up arms, but their instinctive fear of authority then motivates them to find rationalizations to avoid conflict."

"It's a tautology to say that people do what makes them happy -- despite this, one often sees claims that there exist no altruistic acts, because such actions are the end product of people trying to maximize their happiness. This is to define aultrism out of existence, remove a useful word with which to partition our observations of reality."

"When my eyes see phrases like 'right thing to do', 'appropriate' etc, I wonder what unstated world view I am meant to share."

"Every man has experienced social sanction as the direct manifestation of morons baying at the moon, nodding and calling the result consensus."

"Insofar as we can affect the world, let it be to utterly eliminate guilt and fear as a motivator of man and replace it cell for cell with love for one another and the passion of creation."

"Australia is a lagoon in a sea of English which, having no translation tarrif, washes over us, sweeps our new thoughts away and blends into those that remain, until we no longer know whose thoughts we are."

"We're part of the big English world; this is our reality -- so when we fight, we must fight like kings. When we write about the sea we must write to the sea."

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence and thereby eventually lose all ability to defend ourselves and those we love."

"All who spend time in the spy world soon come to the view that the rest of the population lives their life in a sea fog as a tiny piece of cork buffeted by a vast ocean of concealed truth."

"In a modern economy it is impossible to seal oneself off from injustice."

"The more secretive or unjust an organization is, the more leaks induce fear and paranoia in its leadership and planning coterie."

"If we have brains or courage, then we are blessed and called on not to frit these qualities away, standing agape at the ideas of others, winning pissing contests, improving the efficiencies of the neocorporate state, or immersing ourselves in obscuranta, but rather to prove the vigor of our talents against the strongest opponents of love we can find."

"If we can only live once, then let it be a daring adventure that draws on all our powers. Let it be with similar types whose hearts and heads we may be proud of. Let our grandchildren delight to find the start of our stories in their ears but the endings all around in their wandering eyes."

"Men in their prime, if they have convictions are tasked to act on them."

"I loathe these ("everything which is not explicitly permitted is denied") security types, whose idea of nirvana is the cyberspace analog to re-writing the laws of physics so it is not possible to shift in your chair without written authority."

"Since unjust systems, by their nature induce opponents, and in many places barely have the upper hand, mass leaking leaves them exquisitely vulnerable to those who seek to replace them with more open forms of governance."

"Only revealed injustice can be answered; for man to do anything intelligent he has to know what's actually going on."

"Words have no power to change except when there's a fork in the road with equally attractive paths."

"Emotions are body states. The mind can not be strong without strength in its relation to the body."

"The point' comes when feelings demand it. It can only be rationalized from the axioms of primitive emotion. If these axioms are weak due to decalibration by civilization, 'the point' eludes us. If they are strong, we pursue our goals with passion and vigor."

"It has often been said that mathematics is the cheapest university department to run, for all one needs is pencil, a desk and a waste paper basket. This is not so. Philosophy is cheaper still, since in philosophy we do not even need the basket."

"Mathematics is a systemization of communicable human thought created by brain architectures that have male-type spacial abilities and extremised by the extremes within that group. Extreme female brain architectures would create a different sort of mathematics. It won't be created by the females currently in mathematics because they need a male type brain to thrive in the existing mathematical world."

"Truth is rarely important in human affairs and if you want to shift your definition the only truth is power over reality."

"True belief is when a distant voice booms 'the prisoner shall now rise' and no one else in the room stands."

"Rights are freedoms of action that are known to be enforceable. Consequently there are no rights without beliefs about the future effects of behavior."

"The history of warfare is similarly subdivided, although here the phases are Retribution, Anticipation, and Diplomacy.  Thus:
Retribution:
        I'm going to kill you because you killed my brother.
Anticipation:
        I'm going to kill you because I killed your brother.
Diplomacy:
        I'm going to kill my brother and then kill you on the pretext that your brother did it."

Precious Moments Zalgo

I took one that I liked, and made it my facebook status, attributed to Julian Assange.  I'll do another one in a few days.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Precious Moments Zalgo

I'm thinking about starting rumors concerning what secrets are in the WikiLeaks insurance file, such as Obama's Kenyan birth certificate and transcripts of conversations between the Obama campaign and the Hawaii Dept. of Vital Records and related bank transfer statements during April and May of 2008.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on December 06, 2010, 10:49:35 PM
I'm thinking about starting rumors concerning what secrets are in the WikiLeaks insurance file, such as Obama's Kenyan birth certificate

Do it!
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Telarus

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/12/09/anonymous-stops-drop.html

From the comments:

Delaney

I want to see them, and everyone else, start moving info from the leaks into Wikipedia. Tidbits about the Ukraine etc. being moved into their respective articles with citations back to Wikileaks or the guardian or whoever but otherwise no mention of wikileaks...just putting the information into the way of 10th graders working on social studies projects.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Telarus on December 10, 2010, 08:11:21 AM

From the comments:

Delaney

I want to see them, and everyone else, start moving info from the leaks into Wikipedia. Tidbits about the Ukraine etc. being moved into their respective articles with citations back to Wikileaks or the guardian or whoever but otherwise no mention of wikileaks...just putting the information into the way of 10th graders working on social studies projects.

This.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 10, 2010, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: Telarus on December 10, 2010, 08:11:21 AM

From the comments:

Delaney

This.

So; citation should link to a mirror? Or is there a standard citation for Cables.

Requia ☣

The guardian posted some of them in their entirety.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

the last yatto

I like using http://wikileaks.tard.is/ but most people been using .ch or .nl

http://qualitycontrol.operationleakspin.org/?page_id=26

so far, youtube seems the most popular... nothing for wikipedia
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Quote from: Placid Dingo on December 13, 2010, 01:23:55 AM
So; citation should link to a mirror? Or is there a standard citation for Cables.

Hm, good point. Maybe search around a bit on Wikipedia as for how it's been done so far (if at all)?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

Quote from: Able on December 13, 2010, 04:51:48 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Madrid_train_bombings

Other interpretations of this date since 9/11 points out that the bombing took place 911 days exactly since the 11 September terrorist attack The United States also initially believed ETA was responsible[57] then questioning if Islamists were responsible.[58]

#57 http://213.251.145.96/cable/2004/03/04MADRID827.html
#58 http://213.251.145.96/cable/2004/03/04MADRID893.html

Due to the government theory, statements issued shortly after the Madrid attacks, including from lehendakari Juan José Ibarretxe identified ETA as the prime suspect, but the group, which usually claims responsibility for its actions, denied any wrongdoing.[59] Later evidence strongly pointed to the involvement of extremist Islamist groups
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Placid Dingo

Im moving atm between computers so i'll work on this later but this is the one I'm presently working on. PLease join in if your Wiki Fu is strong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Forest_Code
http://www.wikileaks.ch/cable/2010/02/10BRASILIA156.html

Requia ☣

Has anybody been having trouble with their edits being reverted?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

the last yatto