News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

I have a Nightmare.....

Started by AFK, October 17, 2006, 03:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Discordians, Subgenii, undecideds, lend me your ear.....

Election day cometh upon us soon.  Are you happy with the direction of your country?  Are you happy with the size of your bank account?  Are you happy with the size of your manhood/womanhood?  Have you stopped reading?  If you answered the first 3 but not the last one then you best keep moving, we don't want you.

How can we weirdos, asshats, miscreants really affect our society?  We aren't going to do it by simple housekeeping.  We need to unite.  But, we need to unite and minimize the bloodletting.  I said minimize, not eliminate, where would the fun be in that? 

Long has society lead us astray.  Long has it told us where we should and should not go.  Long has it told us what to eat and what not to eat.  Meanwhile, we Discordians have been in our little hovels spread across the globe.  We talk big talk about fucking up the system.  About burning it to the ground.  About skull fucking the Pinkos and The Normals.  But how effective can we really be if we all stick apart and stick forks in each others eyes?

That's right, we can't.  They will never take us seriously anyway.  It should never be the goal.  We aren't going to change society.  We aren't going to save the world.  We aren't going to make the Conservatives OR the Liberals accept us.  The Conservatives want to burn us at the stake.  The Liberals don't like us because we don't give them any money.  The Libertarians don't like us because we steal their pot.  The Greens don't like us because we eat meat and don't recycle our soda cans.  But more importantly, THOSE Discordians over there don't like us because we aren't THEIR kind of Discordians.

This is what defeats us EVERY SINGLE TIME.  We lose before we even begin.  The second coming becomes the third becomes the fourth becomes an empty fifth.  Can we break this viscous cycle?

I don't know.  But I'd sure as hell like to try.  What if each of us found just three Discordians, elsewhere on the infotarded superdriveway and convinced them to join our effort.  That's right, to join our effort.  Not our clique, not our all boys/girls club, not our cabal.  Bring them here with a purpose.  They've read the book, they're heard ALL of the jokes, they've had the Kerry Thornley bowl cut with the Abraham Lincoln beard.  Now's the time to cast the superficial aside and get down to the rusty brass tacks.

I propose we start a REAL network of Discordians.  Maybe we won't all hang out here, maybe we won't all hang out there, but that SHOULD NOT BE THE POINT.  If we truly wish to get the word out we need to get the lead out.  Let us not dwell on who is real and who isn't.  Let us focus, instead, on who will get real and who will not.  Who will bring the noise AND the funk, not just the noise. 

We all have busy lives in the real world.  We don't have time to dick around with popularity contests and who is going to like who.  It is time to start showing those who wish to see that they don't have to play the same old game.  There are more options than what they see on the teevee and on their ballots.  This is our chance to actually reach people.  There are people who are beginning to see that everything is fucked.  That the options they are given are all opt-outs from freedom.  So, let us get the act together, forget about OUR politics and work on defecating on THEIRS. 

Free at The Last, Free at The Last, by holy-fucking-hell, we can be Free at The Last, and so can they........
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Mgt

10/10.

you mind if I move this to "Or Kill Me"? I think this is a hell of a rant.

Charlemagne

Rightfully claiming the title Emperor of Scandinavia since 2003

AFK

Quote from: The Mgt on October 17, 2006, 06:30:33 PM
10/10.

you mind if I move this to "Or Kill Me"? I think this is a hell of a rant.

Yeah, I think that's fine.  I'm actually working on a letter I'm going to use for networking purposes and I will post that here when it's done.  So yeah, you have my blessing to move it to "Or Kill Me."   :-D
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Wow, RWHN.  Your fire-in-the-belly quotient is up, WAY up this month, eh?

Awesomely said.  Very astute.  You know your peeps, that's for sure.

Triple Zero

ok. where shall i direct them? this thread? anywhere on this forum? somewhere specific?

if they're already discordians, they need not much info
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

It offends.  You want a spear holder, count me out.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Felix Mackay on October 19, 2006, 04:03:04 PMIt offends.  You want a spear holder, count me out.
? what are you refering to?

what offends?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Quote from: triple zero on October 19, 2006, 04:07:23 PM
Quote from: Felix Mackay on October 19, 2006, 04:03:04 PMIt offends.  You want a spear holder, count me out.
? what are you refering to?

what offends?

The rant.  The original post.  The topic of this thread that we are talking about.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 17, 2006, 03:19:57 PM
Discordians, Subgenii, undecideds, lend me your ear.....

Election day cometh upon us soon.  Are you happy with the direction of your country?  Are you happy with the size of your bank account?  Are you happy with the size of your manhood/womanhood?  Have you stopped reading?  If you answered the first 3 but not the last one then you best keep moving, we don't want you.

How can we weirdos, asshats, miscreants really affect our society?  We aren't going to do it by simple housekeeping.  We need to unite.  But, we need to unite and minimize the bloodletting.  I said minimize, not eliminate, where would the fun be in that? 

Long has society lead us astray.  Long has it told us where we should and should not go.  Long has it told us what to eat and what not to eat.  Meanwhile, we Discordians have been in our little hovels spread across the globe.  We talk big talk about fucking up the system.  About burning it to the ground.  About skull fucking the Pinkos and The Normals.  But how effective can we really be if we all stick apart and stick forks in each others eyes?

That's right, we can't.  They will never take us seriously anyway.  It should never be the goal.  We aren't going to change society.  We aren't going to save the world.  We aren't going to make the Conservatives OR the Liberals accept us.  The Conservatives want to burn us at the stake.  The Liberals don't like us because we don't give them any money.  The Libertarians don't like us because we steal their pot.  The Greens don't like us because we eat meat and don't recycle our soda cans.  But more importantly, THOSE Discordians over there don't like us because we aren't THEIR kind of Discordians.

This is what defeats us EVERY SINGLE TIME.  We lose before we even begin.  The second coming becomes the third becomes the fourth becomes an empty fifth.  Can we break this viscous cycle?

I don't know.  But I'd sure as hell like to try.  What if each of us found just three Discordians, elsewhere on the infotarded superdriveway and convinced them to join our effort.  That's right, to join our effort.  Not our clique, not our all boys/girls club, not our cabal.  Bring them here with a purpose.  They've read the book, they're heard ALL of the jokes, they've had the Kerry Thornley bowl cut with the Abraham Lincoln beard.  Now's the time to cast the superficial aside and get down to the rusty brass tacks.

I propose we start a REAL network of Discordians.  Maybe we won't all hang out here, maybe we won't all hang out there, but that SHOULD NOT BE THE POINT.  If we truly wish to get the word out we need to get the lead out.  Let us not dwell on who is real and who isn't.  Let us focus, instead, on who will get real and who will not.  Who will bring the noise AND the funk, not just the noise. 

We all have busy lives in the real world.  We don't have time to dick around with popularity contests and who is going to like who.  It is time to start showing those who wish to see that they don't have to play the same old game.  There are more options than what they see on the teevee and on their ballots.  This is our chance to actually reach people.  There are people who are beginning to see that everything is fucked.  That the options they are given are all opt-outs from freedom.  So, let us get the act together, forget about OUR politics and work on defecating on THEIRS. 

Free at The Last, Free at The Last, by holy-fucking-hell, we can be Free at The Last, and so can they........

This rhetoric, it stinks to me of extremism and is not the voice I want heard in the name of my cause.

Jasper

I do not wish it that serious people take the reins of a serious movement.  It is not what these serious times need.

That is all.

Jenne

Quote from: Felix Mackay on October 19, 2006, 04:57:53 PM
I do not wish it that serious people take the reins of a serious movement. It is not what these serious times need.

That is all.

You sure he wasn't saying it doesn't matter if you're serious or not, you simply won't be taken that way anyway?

Hm.  I wonder what the good rev would make of that.  It's a good point, Felix.  I'm just not sure if he meant it the way you have taken it.

East Coast Hustle

also, define "extremism" in this context. this certainly doesn't fit my definition, but my POV on the matter may be skewed.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

In public addresses, as I recall it was intended as such it is irrelevant what the intent is once the message is compromised.

Needs polish, and a re-think about where he's coming from and what he believes in.