News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Thanet's council, IIRC, also has the former National Front UKIPer too, who defends his former membership on the grounds of "I was never a member of the Gestapo".  No, just a member a group who idolise the Gestapo.

Demolition Squid

Yeah, he was the previous highlight.

"I was a member of the Conservative party for over 20 years and the National Front for just 14 months, why does everyone focus on that year?!"

That sure is a mystery, huh?  :lulz:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Junkenstein

That was almost like something from brass eye.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Demolition Squid on February 26, 2015, 04:52:48 PM
Yeah, he was the previous highlight.

"I was a member of the Conservative party for over 20 years and the National Front for just 14 months, why does everyone focus on that year?!"

That sure is a mystery, huh?  :lulz:

It's also fascinating, given that Farage has assured the public that former NF and BNP members are proscribed from UKIP.

Anonymous Tory bloggers have also been mentioning that former EDL or EDL sympathetic members have deleted their social networking accounts and joined the ranks.  Could just be Tory propaganda...but it has a certain ring of truth about it, too.

Demolition Squid

That came up in the documentary - apparently he is exempt because he was nominated for MP before the rule came into effect and it wasn't considered fair to employ it retroactively.

He also said he had offered to stand down and resign from the party if it was felt his presence would be a distraction but Nigel said no and that they'd stand by him.

I think they walk this tightrope to catch as many far-right NF and BNP voters as they can whilst leaving enough wiggle room that more 'respectable' tories can convince themselves it is all a left-wing smear campaign. There was a massive victim complex from the people in the documentary which really just had me going 'yes, the whole world IS picking on you. You are odious, vile scumbags!'

Demolition Squid

Sometimes I forget why I watch Question Time, then someone says something so stupid it makes me angry and I remember why.

Apparently an 'average family' spends more on taxes than it does on food, shelter and energy... and this is an argument for tax cuts.

But surely, this is a good thing! First off, I'd love to know how the figure is calculated and whether VAT paid on takeaway food is included as tax, and what an 'average family' is taken to be in this context... but tax is taken as a proportion of income! Surely you want the average family to be paying more in tax than they do in the bare essentials of living, because if they weren't, that'd mean the bare essentials would be taking up a very large chunk of their pay! You want food, energy and housing to cost as little as possible, right?

Incidentally, this is not at all my experience. Admittedly I live in a very high-cost part of Britain, but the cheapest rent I've found is £545/month. Combined with a food bill of £100/month and gas/water/electric of £145/month, I'd be spending £790/month. I pay £93 Tax and £76 National Insurance each month. Admittedly, I'm quite far below the 'average wage', but I earn above the minimum wage. I yearn for the day I pay more in tax than I do in basic living expenses.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Wouldn't a more sensible measure of average "wealth" be what percentage of the household income is left after compulsory spending (food, rent, taxes, etc)? If you're shunting some of the cost of, say, healthcare over on the "tax" side instead of the "spending" side, the money is being used either way.

Of course that wouldn't create a THE TAXES ARE TOO DAMN HIGH frenzy and we can't have that, nevermind.

Demolition Squid

That's what I was thinking.

She wasn't talking at all about wealth - in fact, she didn't back up or explain her figures at all, and the panel let her off which drove me mad - she just said 'the average family spends £1000 more a year on taxes than food, shelter and energy - can you imagine that?! We need to bring taxes down!'

And I thought 'Yes, I can imagine that - I dream about it, in fact, because I earn so little my tax payments are pathetically tiny!'

Bruno

Being below average sucks. At this point, I'd be happy just being median. :sad:
Formerly something else...

Bruno

Some goofball OathKeeper is threatening to round up an armed posse and "citizens arrest" a U.S. senator for voting in favor of the Iran deal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/23/activist-vows-to-arrest-democratic-lawmaker-under-article-3-section-3-of-the-constitution/

Is this going to be the one where The Tree of Libertytm FINALLY gets watered with the blood of these dipshits?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 24, 2015, 04:46:08 PM
Some goofball OathKeeper is threatening to round up an armed posse and "citizens arrest" a U.S. senator for voting in favor of the Iran deal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/23/activist-vows-to-arrest-democratic-lawmaker-under-article-3-section-3-of-the-constitution/

Is this going to be the one where The Tree of Libertytm FINALLY gets watered with the blood of these dipshits?

If it comes down to it, he'll probably get a breakfast at BK.

Bruno

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 24, 2015, 04:56:45 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on September 24, 2015, 04:46:08 PM

If it comes down to it, he'll probably get a breakfast at BK.

Seems like the "Hi, we're coming to kidnap you. We're bringing our guns and we're not afraid to use them." letter would be enough for that.

Fujikoma

Juana

http://deadstate.org/trumps-personal-pastor-expels-demons-from-the-white-house-on-national-day-of-prayer

QuoteDuring an event at the White House commemorating the National Day of Prayer, representatives of different faiths took the podium and showered President Trump with accolades — as well as God.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube