News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

On "Gay Recruitment".

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 19, 2013, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

All this talk of homosexual recruitment brings back fond memories of my youth.

Do any old-timers here remember the Homosexual Recruitment Building in Tucson's legal district?

Ah, what a grand erection that was.  The gold lame', the neon, the eternally overflowing fountains of champaign...What young man, confused by strange thoughts and urgings, wouldn't be intrigued by such a place and the luxurious lifestyle it promised?

I enquired there, one day, seeking to join the Homosexual Lifestyle.  I'm afraid that I didn't live up to their demanding standards, but I did get some lovely parting gifts.

Today, that wonderful Art Deco building is but a memory, burned down during the Cheese Riots of the '90s and replaced with that absurd monument to Nikoli Tesla.  What a gaudy abomination, with all those sparks and the illuminated and illegally altered pressure cookers.

Ah, for the good old days in Tucson, before the Nazi Hell Creatures replaced everyone's brains with little CIA radio sets.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

It sounds like it was beautiful.
Tell us about the GLORY HOLES!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on April 20, 2013, 12:03:19 AM

Unfortunately, I was rejected as a member of the lifestyle, so I never got to actually see them.  However, I did meet and get the autograph of Jerve "Iron Lungs" Rodriguez, who set the record that has not been broken to this day for "highest percentage of client pulled through the hole", when he managed to pull a district court judge through to the point where only his head and feet were sticking out the "client side" of the hole.

Jerve later died when he stepped on a bear.  No, the other kind of bear.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 20, 2013, 12:06:31 AM
Quote from: stelz on April 20, 2013, 12:03:19 AM

Unfortunately, I was rejected as a member of the lifestyle, so I never got to actually see them.  However, I did meet and get the autograph of Jerve "Iron Lungs" Rodriguez, who set the record that has not been broken to this day for "highest percentage of client pulled through the hole", when he managed to pull a district court judge through to the point where only his head and feet were sticking out the "client side" of the hole.

Jerve later died when he stepped on a bear.  No, the other kind of bear.

Poor Jervis. He worked so hard.

Were the other glory holes not fully STAFFED?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Boston used to have a gay recruitment center. We're all gay now though, even Mitt Romney, and the only straight people we have here anymore are the college kids from out of town. Our kids are gay too, because we teach them to be gay as they grow up. We engage in heterosexual mating, because we need to replace the dead gay people. We don't need the centers anymore.

No, that fabulous edifice is now just a grey, abandoned building, a flicking shadow cast by the strobe lights, the windows broken and the weeds overgrowing the gardens.

These days, we can recruit the college kids by a quick visit to the university infirmary. One innocgaylation later and they're redecorating the dorm into something more.... tasteful.

Once a mighty bastion of fabulousness, the Gay Recruitment Center is an eyesore in our city. We'd do something with it, but we can't agree on the drapes..
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eve

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 20, 2013, 12:35:58 AM
Once a mighty bastion of fabulousness, the Gay Recruitment Center is an eyesore in our city. We'd do something with it, but we can't agree on the drapes..

:lol:
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Portland's Gay Recruitment Center was lost to the Macarena in the early 90's. Last I heard, it was last seen in Vancouver BC trying to bum some bright cloth off the indians down at the docks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eve on April 20, 2013, 01:03:55 AM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 20, 2013, 12:35:58 AM

:lol:

Well, we WOULD.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS