News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

In the Trenches

Started by Wolfpoet, May 13, 2006, 10:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfpoet

Stand tall and face the front, there's a storm coming lads and lasses and it's gonna be hell. We are the front line, we are the back line, we are the only damn line left.

It's a fight they don't want but a fight they are gonna get. Civilisation is starting to implode, the more the guys at the top tell people what to do, what they can or can't say the more folks rebell and it all get's fucked up.

But it's working both ways, the idiots rebelling against it all are just the same as the bloody fools they are rebelling against. They tell their folks the opposite to the other side but it's still telling people what to believe.

Nobody ever started a revolution and changed anything, they just replaced one system with another and a few generations down the line the same thing happens all over again. Each system and extension of the one that went before it.

So where do we stand? Right in the bloody middle, stuck between the extremes with a message nobody wants to hear. We go to the sheep and we tell 'em to be Wolves. Get a life and think things through, if your gonan run in a apck then make sure everybody knows what they are doinga dn do it because they choose to. But they just get themselves into herds and follow the first shepard ina  grey suit that comes along. They think painting their wool makes them different, but shear it off and you get nowt but dinner for the shepards.

There's a line been drawn and a trench dug along it. You've got a few brave souls hunkered down and waiting for the shit to hit the fan. Hell none of them realy agree with each other, some don't even like each other. They have sat around the planning table and argued over the strategy, they have pinned cute flags to wall charts and made bold statements of intent.

But in the end it comes to this my friends, a bunch of poor bastards in a trench with nowhere left to go. It's gonna get hairy, gonna get brutal and hell your gonna have to take the bastards at the point of a bayonet sometimes. We are going to lose friends along the way, disillusioned folks falling by the wayside. People don't want to hear what we have to say, they don't want to do the hard thing, just the easiest thing.

We are trying to do the hardest thing. We are not trying to get people to follow us, we are not trying to install a new and better system mark II. We are trying to get people to make a choice, we are trying to get people to take responsibility, we are trying to get people to think.

So stand to, unfurl the banners and start the marching band. There's a war to fight and a war to win, a war of words and a war of ideals.

To rip off the speech of a famous bloke:

"When you put your hand in a pile of mush that used to be some cabbage's belief system, you'll know what to do."
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

deet

I'm not trying to sound like a sycophant, but this is good.

Life experience applies well in writing
All walls have two sides.

Wolfpoet

Forgot I had written this one, still seems to apply today.
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfpoet on May 13, 2006, 10:18:59 PM
But in the end it comes to this my friends, a bunch of poor bastards in a trench with nowhere left to go. It's gonna get hairy, gonna get brutal and hell your gonna have to take the bastards at the point of a bayonet sometimes.

Actually, I thought of that, so I duct taped a bobbie to my chest.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.